Test
Don't mind me, I'm testing an edit.

...and it's allowing me to edit.
test
Today is my lucky day...Jury Duty Time Smiley_emoticons_slash
(11-19-2012, 03:18 PM)septic Wrote: it's allowing me to edit.

That's great to read. Yay!

This is the first I'm seeing this thread.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Man Jury Duty was quite the shitty experience. Ugh! They run Jury selection here so weird. :/ I still have 4 more trials to go. I thought since I did get picked for this trial that I would have to come back but Oh yah I DO! This trial ended at lunch when the guy decided to plead Guilty while us jury members were out to lunch. Asshat! But I have 4 more trials to go. I "could" be picked for all jurys or just this one. It all depends on if I'm selected again. Weird or what? Is this how they work it where you all are at? Just Curious.

I've never done jury duty but I know people who have and they had to call in the night before and while you may have to go to the courthouse the following day they still might not use you, as long as you show up you get a "pass" for the next two years.
(11-26-2012, 08:01 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've never done jury duty but I know people who have and they had to call in the night before and while you may have to go to the courthouse the following day they still might not use you, as long as you show up you get a "pass" for the next two years.

The thing that gets me though is....I have NEVER heard of them picking a group and using them for 5 trials. Usually your there for one trial if your picked you finish the trial out then you're done. If you're not picked you go home. But all of us reguardless of being on this jury or not have to be back for 4 other trial selections. I have just never heard of them running things this way. *shrugs*
(11-26-2012, 08:09 PM)JsMom Wrote:

The thing that gets me though is....I have NEVER heard of them picking a group and using them for 5 trials. Usually your there for one trial if your picked you finish the trial out then you're done. If you're not picked you go home. But all of us reguardless of being on this jury or not have to be back for 4 other trial selections. I have just never heard of them running things this way. *shrugs*

I have a co-worker who lives in Ohio. She had Jury Duty last spring and that's how they do it.
I've never heard of it, and as far as I know, they don't do it like that in Indiana.
(11-26-2012, 08:18 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:

I have a co-worker who lives in Ohio. She had Jury Duty last spring and that's how they do it.
I've never heard of it, and as far as I know, they don't do it like that in Indiana.

Humm. I was bummed about it. hah I hate missing work but I know it's my duty as an American. Just sucks.
(11-26-2012, 08:23 PM)JsMom Wrote:

Humm. I was bummed about it. hah I hate missing work but I know it's my duty as an American. Just sucks.

I've never been called for JD. I'd like to do it once, but not the way your state does it.
For all I know, Indiana might do it that way now too. I'm to lazy and uncaring about it to google.
(11-26-2012, 08:31 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(11-26-2012, 08:23 PM)JsMom Wrote:

I've never been called for JD. I'd like to do it once, but not the way your state does it.
For all I know, Indiana might do it that way now too. I'm to lazy and uncaring about it to google.

It was very interesting. Thanks to LC I knew most of the legal lingo. It was a trial that was going to be very hard on me not to convict the man before we even started. I did put my feelings aside and was ready to listen to the evidence and convict on evidence/law. But, he decided to plead guilty while we were out to lunch. So we didn't even get to the evidence.
I've never been called for jury duty but my brother was back in September. He had to go to the courthouse the first day and even though he wasn't picked he had to call up the rest of the week to see if they needed him for jury selection for any other trials that week. They didn't and now he is off the hook for the next 2 years.

Testing video post work-around.
[Image: ref=amb_link_366906862_2?ie=UTF8&bbn=672...=672123011]

Nevermind - just trying to learn how to post a pic and failed miserably. Will keep trying.

I'd be happy to help, Teacher. Are you trying to post a photo from a photo storing account or something you found online?
(12-02-2012, 09:26 PM)Teacher Wrote: [Image: ref=amb_link_366906862_2?ie=UTF8&bbn=672...=672123011]

Nevermind - just trying to learn how to post a pic and failed miserably. Will keep trying.

Teacher, you might want to try a different image. On the surface, I can't see where you did anything wrong (you have the correct img tags etc.). It might be the pic.
Duchess & User,

Thank you both for your offer to help. I need all I can get. HotD gave me step-by-step instructions and nada. Company today kept me off of the computer and I'll be gone tomorrow and tomorrow night. Will contact you for help when I'm back on my regular schedule. Appreciate your offers!