Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
BOMBING AT BOSTON MARATHON-GRAPHIC PHOTOS

4:11 pm ET: Boston Fire Department to brief media at 4:30pm at Westin Hotel.

4:09 pm ET: Tufts Medical Center confirms that 9 victims have been taken there.

4:06 pm ET: Law enforcement authorities tell ABC News they are testing smoke and materials at scene for chemical substances.

4:05 pm ET: Boston police confirm at least 22 injured 2 dead.

4:03 pm ET: Police to search hundreds of bags left at scene by marathon participants.

4:02 pm ET: “The President has been notified of the incident in Boston,” a White House official tells ABC News. ” His administration is in contact with state and local authorities. He directed his administration to provide whatever assistance is necessary in the investigation and response.”

3:55 pm ET: Police set off controlled explosion in Boston. Third explosion hear.

3:54 pm ET: Marathon’s website tracking runners who completed the race.

3:43 pm ET: Trauma nurse tells ABC News that the race’s medical tent has become a makeshift morgue. Dealing with injuries including severed limbs and children with severe burns.

3:41 pm ET: Eyewitness Hayden Cary describes a “hectic, crazy scene.” Heard explosion go off within seconds of each other near a car, steps from finish line.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
[Image: article-2309545-1950586A000005DC-489_634x478.jpg]

[Image: article-2309545-19505656000005DC-918_634x446.jpg]

[Image: article-2309545-195056F7000005DC-376_634x411.jpg]

[Image: article-0-1950428C000005DC-316_634x682.jpg]
I heard about it on the car radio right after it happened. I'm watching it on the news now.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Cowboy has friends there, a married couple, she's running.
Do you know yet if they are safe?

This comes from the Daily Mail, I'll try to get it all verified -

Up to a dozen people have been killed in a deadly explosion and up to 60 people have been injured after two large explosions went off near the finish line of the famous Boston Marathon today, leaving behind a scene of unimaginable carnage.

Law enforcement sources told the New York Post of the body count, and said that the first explosion happened at the Fairmont Hotel.

Eyewitnesses at the scene said there were two loud explosions about five seconds apart, and emergency vehicles crowded the scene.

Witness Dave Weigel said via Twitter minutes after the explosion: ‘I saw people’s legs blown off. Horrific. Two explosions. Runners were coming in and saw unspeakable horror.'

Police told the Boston Globe that are they still finding 'secondary devices,' and pleading with anyone still in the area to leave at once.

A controlled explosion was set for outside the city library.

A source who was speaking with authorities told MailOnline that there were shotgun shells in two explosions, which sprayed onlookers and runners with massive amounts of shrapnel, though the statement has not been confirmed by authorities.

One witness said 'there was blood everywhere.'

Boston’s Lenox Hotel that serves as the headquarters for the Boston Marathon was locked down on Monday after a security incident near the finish line. Two blasts were heard by reporters in the media center.

Authorities closed off the finish line and urged anyone in the area to stay away from trash bins.

Andrea Storer, who witnessed the blast, told the Boston Globe: 'It was huge. There had to be people killed. There had to be'

NECN reporter Jackie Bruno posted on Twitter: 'I saw people's legs blown off. Horrific. Two explosions. Runners were coming in and saw unspeakable horror.

Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race.

'I was expecting my husband any minute," she said. "I don't know what this building is ... it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don't know what it was. I just ducked."

The White House says President Barack Obama has been notified about the explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.

The White House says the administration is in contact with state and local authorities and directed his administration to provide whatever assistance is necessary in the investigation and response.

Vice President Joe Biden was on a conference call with gun control activists when staffers turned on televisions in his office Monday to view coverage of the explosions. Biden said during the call that his prayers were with those who suffered injuries.

Vice President Joe Biden has released a statement regarding the Boston Marathon bombings.

'Our prayers are with those people in Boston who have suffered injuries. I don’t know how many there are.'

State and local officials told CNN's John King that there was no known credible threat prior to the explosions.

The marathon said in a statement: 'There were two bombs that exploded near the finish line in today's Boston Marathon. We are working with law enforcement to understand what exactly has happened.'

Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the chaos. Bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. A man was pictured with his lower leg blown off.

'There are a lot of people down,' said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg.

A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another thunderous explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Runner Laura McLean of Toronto told the Associated Press that she heard two explosions outside the medical tent.

'There are people who are really, really bloody,' McLean said. 'They were pulling them into the medical tent.'
(04-15-2013, 04:41 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Do you know yet if they are safe?

No...if they were my friends I would have tried their number myself.
Tiki can add "the day the Boston Marathon was bombed" to her list of events that occurred on her birthday. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
In the press conference, a third explosion was confirmed from inside the JFK Library, which is now on fire.

All major cities on high alert and Boston officials are investigating across the citiy for more possible bombs.

Wanna check out what type of security was in place for this large global event when I get a minute; just curious if it had been relaxed since the earlier post-9/11 years or if somehow whomever is responsible managed to infiltrate heightened level.
It's disgusting. And these fuckers are getting non-stop media coverage.
(04-15-2013, 04:53 PM)username Wrote: Tiki can add "the day the Boston Marathon was bombed" to her list of events that occurred on her birthday. Smiley_emoticons_slash

I was planning on running Boston, this year.

Thriver's Cruise changed all that.

Emerson is my Mum's alma mater and Boston is like a second home to her.

Here's an email, I sent to LC on Jan. 5, 2012 while I was recovering from the flu and training for the Rock n Roll Marathon. It was in response to her inquiring about my health and sharing a recipe:

Wow! That's fabulous!

Thanks for letting me peek!

Ham hocks . . . yummy smoked ham hocks . . . an essential part of the food pyramid . . . the beans and legumes part, too.

If I decide to run the Boston in 2013, we'll get together for at least three major meals. My treat . . . your spots.

For Cracker . . . Suggest Proscuitto instead of bacon for the dates.

And have her spring for Medjool, too.

Dumb fucking over educated white trash bitch!

And "Yes" . . . You have my blessing to share this with her! Hahahahaha!

Dammit . . . I'm hungry!

My love to you always, doll!

This shit makes me cry.

My Mum called and she's in tears, too.

One from the 11th:

Thanks, doll . . . I am feeling better.

My head is clear and body is up to 80% of "normal" strength.

I'm thinking this Sunday's performance will not be one for the record books. Hahahaha!

However . . . Ima gonna finish and will be lookin' marvelous when I cross the line!

From the 22nd:

Thanks, doll! Ran it last Sunday . . . just a hair under five hours . . . was hoping for four.

Four hours.

That was my goal.

Fuckers.
[Image: article-2309545-1950737F000005DC-688_634x510.jpg]

[Image: article-2309545-19506DAD000005DC-35_634x713.jpg]

[Image: article-2309545-19506181000005DC-17_634x381.jpg]
And now . . . organizers and Tempe EMS are holding a presser for Pat's Run (happening this weekend).

The Tillman Foundation is one of our charities.
Tiki, those are sweet. She obviously cared very much for you. Smiley_emoticons_smile

The number of injured and fatalities keep rising and apparently numerous people did lose limbs.

Who?? Why??
Commando Cunt Queen
Wouldn't it be weird if this were some Boston Tea Party tax protest?
Commando Cunt Queen
It's the four hour mark that really bothers me.

That's the time most amatuers try and best.

"Sub 4!"

And I'm betting the fucking bombers knew that.

User . . . the whole tax angle works for me, too.
(04-15-2013, 05:47 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: It's the four hour mark that really bothers me.

That's the time most amatuers try and best.

"Sub 4!"

And I'm betting the fucking bombers knew that.

Ergo, the most family members lining the street at that particular time. Jesus.
Commando Cunt Queen
Thanks for sharing those Tiki. LC is so greatly missed around here.

Has anyone taken credit for this yet?
(04-15-2013, 06:05 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Has anyone taken credit for this yet?

Unfortunately, no but I fully expect the criminal(s) to turn themselves in any moment.
Commando Cunt Queen
No one has taken credit for it, according to Obama's press conference which just finished up.

He's spoken with the governor and mayor and pledged full federal support which is being mobilized.

Everything is still under investigation; not clear if this was done by an individual or group or for what purpose.

Very sad and infuriating.