Mock
ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN (/thread-11322.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - HairOfTheDog - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 08:22 PM)Duchess Wrote: Nothing like a big, ol' fuck you.

Oh yeah. It's like a big ol' fuck-you fest, really.

Last year, Netanyahu said fuck you to Hamas, President Abbas, the Palestinians, the UN, and virtually every head of state around the world when he faced criticism for the level and targets of force at the Gaza strip. Then, he said fuck you again to everyone when he facilitated another land grab in the West Bank, which all but the Israelis see as a violation of international law.

So far this year, Bibi has said fuck you to French President Hollande when he attended the Charlie Hebdo memorial in Paris, even though he was advised not to attend because of the issues with French Jews. Then, he said fuck you to France again when he made a speech during that visit inviting Jews in France to move to Israel and insinuating that the Kosher deli was targeted by the terrorists as an anti-Jew statement. He continues giving the verbal finger to Abbas and the Palestinians. He's taking over $3 billion dollars a year in military aid from the US while simultaneously trying to fuck President Obama in the ass for working to achieve better relations with Iran (a country which Netanyahu wishes would just fuck right off the planet).

So, Obama, Biden, Assad, the UN, most of Europe, Iran...are giving him the right-back-at-ya fuck you.

Meanwhile, Boehner's throwing darts at an Obama photo, wearing a a big ol' shit-eating fuck you grin.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - Maggot - 02-07-2015

hah............That sounds spot on. maybe the U.N. can give Palestine more cement so they can build better bomb shelters instead of tunnels.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - blueberryhill - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 09:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [quote='Duchess' pid='386704' dateline='1423354949']
[size=medium][i]Nothing like a big, ol' fuck you

Meanwhile, Boehner's throwing darts at an Obama photo, wearing a a big ol' shit-eating fuck you grin.

So true! Really entertaining...

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - FAHQTOO - 02-07-2015

(02-07-2015, 09:32 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-07-2015, 08:22 PM)Duchess Wrote: Nothing like a big, ol' fuck you.

Oh yeah. It's like a big ol' fuck-you fest, really.

Last year, Netanyahu said fuck you to Hamas, President Abbas, the Palestinians, the UN, and virtually every head of state around the world when he faced criticism for the level and targets of force at the Gaza strip. Then, he said fuck you again to everyone when he facilitated another land grab in the West Bank, which all but the Israelis see as a violation of international law.

So far this year, Bibi has said fuck you to French President Hollande when he attended the Charlie Hebdo memorial in Paris, even though he was advised not to attend because of the issues with French Jews. Then, he said fuck you to France again when he made a speech during that visit inviting Jews in France to move to Israel and insinuating that the Kosher deli was targeted by the terrorists as an anti-Jew statement. He continues giving the verbal finger to Abbas and the Palestinians. He's taking over $3 billion dollars a year in military aid from the US while simultaneously trying to fuck President Obama in the ass for working to achieve better relations with the Iran (a country which Netanyahu wishes would just fuck right off the planet).

So, Obama, Biden, Assad, the UN, most of Europe, Iran...are giving him the right-back-at-ya fuck you.

Hamas started the shit, the same as they always do. Bibi does what he has to do to keep his country and the people in it safe. Having balls seems to work for him and his country and Jordan seems to have some balls too. That's the only thing that works...unlike the pathetic POS we have pretending to take care of us. Actually, he's not even pretending to take care of this country anymore, in any way, shape or form.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - HairOfTheDog - 02-08-2015

(02-07-2015, 11:56 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Hamas started the shit, the same as they always do. Bibi does what he has to do to keep his country and the people in it safe. Having balls seems to work for him and his country and Jordan seems to have some balls too. That's the only thing that works...unlike the pathetic POS we have pretending to take care of us. Actually, he's not even pretending to take care of this country anymore, in any way, shape or form.

I'm not a fan of Hamas and think that the tunnels and the bomb lobs deserved a retaliatory fuck you from Netanyahu. I also think that some of the global criticism regarding how that retaliation was facilitated was justified and Netanyahu's desire or ability to address it was for shit.

I think Bibi's view is increasingly one-dimensional and he expects unconditional support and huge amounts of money to defend his country without concern for working with those who are ponying up the support and footing the bill. In my opinion, it's not ballsy; his old-school vision and severe lack of diplomacy hurts his country in terms of global relations and long-term security.

I'd like to see US/Iran relations continue to improve. They've got a new leader with a more modern view who has reached out and we've got a mutual present-day enemy in the Islamic State group. Iran is helping Iraq fight IS -- very interesting to see those two countries cooperating (Iran gains a lot by helping to thwart IS, but it's still a change of tides to see Iran defending Iraq to achieve that gain).

The US should proceed, with realistic caution, in moving forward to rebuild the relationship with Iran under Rouhani's leadership -- a change which could help the real or perceived threat to Israel from Iran be diminished. But, Netanyahu, every chance he gets, continues to kick and scream on the public stage about the US's willingness to move forward from decades-old conventional wisdom and grudges as if he's been broken-up with or something, all the while taking a massive US hand-out every year and demanding more support.

I think that Netanyahu should have respected France's request not to go to Paris after the AQAP attacks. France had legitimate security concerns with the wave of anti-semitism in the country and didn't want the focus shifted. Having said that, I think it's worse that no top leader from the US participated in the Paris memorial and unity march. At first, I thought maybe we'd been asked not to attend in-person, so Obama and Biden respected France's security concerns. But that doesn't appear to be the case. Holder was already in Paris at security meetings and was a no-show at the march -- no excuse for that. France is fighting terrorists left and right and supporting US-led efforts; it's shameful that we weren't standing side-by-side with Hollande and the other world leaders in Paris, in my opinion. The White House has since expressed regret about the lack of US presence, but that doesn't mean much, to me.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - Duchess - 02-08-2015

(02-08-2015, 09:56 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Netanyahu, every chance he gets, continues to kick and scream on the public stage about the US's willingness to move forward from decades-old conventional wisdom and grudges as if he's been broken-up with or something, all the while taking a massive US hand-out every year and demanding more support.

If we are only good enough to foot the bill then it's time to bow the hell out.

I posted that knowing we can't bow out. That was frustration speaking. It burns my ass to help an ingrate.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - Maggot - 02-08-2015

The US should proceed, with realistic caution, in moving forward to rebuild the relationship with Iran under Rouhani's leadership -- a change which could help the real or perceived threat to Israel from Iran be diminished. But, Netanyahu, every chance he gets, continues to kick and scream on the public stage about the US's willingness to move forward from decades-old conventional wisdom and grudges as if he's been broken-up with or something, all the while taking a massive US hand-out every year and demanding more support.

Iran wants bombs and will proceed in any way it can to build them. They have already said they will bomb Israel when they do. Dealing with the devil is tricky and to pacify Iran with promises of co-operation from the United States sends a message to all the other countries surrounding Iran. Talks are coming up with Iran and I can only foresee the U.S. dropping its line about their nuclear ambitions. As the hardliners there smile and nod their heads in agreement. Kerry will be the puppet that hands over the button of doom in the name of co-operation with the hardliners that seem to have the U.S. in their pocket.
When they do an about face every person that was involved in the talks giving them the keys will either be out of office or writing books.

Nothing changes if the US is unwilling to listen, talk, and negotiate (where prudent) with Iran. On the other hand, if we listen, talk, and negotiate for reduced nuclear enrichment, progress can be made.

Iran wants economic sanctions from the US and other western countries lifted and seized oil revenues turned over. They have financial incentives to negotiate. There are several countries involved in the deal, all requiring that Iran's nuclear facilities be regularly monitored by UN inspectors. The lifting of sanctions and release of revenues would be tied to the inspection verifications and there would be penalties invoked if Iran violates the agreement.

If Obama does nothing and holds on to decades-old beefs, Iran keeps getting closer to nuclear bombing capabilities but loses global revenue opportunities. If, instead, the US and the other involved countries negotiate a smart deal with solid check-points, thereby having better access to Iran's nuclear enrichment program and bombing capabilities, the US and its allies (including Israel) benefits, as does Iran. The time is right for change, it can only be positive. In my opinion.

Of course, we succeeded in such negotiation with Iraq when Hussein was head of state. But, when the US and its allies were justifiably on-board to retaliate against those who attacked America on 9 / 11, the Bush administration seized the opportunity to make false claims that Hussein was involved with the al-Qaeda operatives who facilitated the attack and that he was stockpiling WMDs. In so doing, the US government was able to con some of the American public and the US's allies into supporting the decimation of Hussein and invasion of Iraq, despite the fact that Hussein swore up and down that he did not have Weapons of Mass Destruction and UN inspectors confirmed his claims. That's not my opinion, that's a verified and documented fact.

So, in my eyes, recent history gives the Iranians as much or more reason to distrust the US as we have to distrust them. Maybe we can move past that and improve the antagonistic and threatening relationship. We have much to gain from a more cooperative relationship with Tehran and little to lose if it falls apart.

Israel is always on their high horse. The reality is they are no better than those they fight against.

Do I need to state that's just my opinion?

(02-08-2015, 12:50 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do I need to state that's just my opinion?

hah No! At least, not in my opinion. It's already implied.

It's my style to state when something is my opinion because I like facts, and stats, and history and such and include those in most of my discussions and postings pertaining to politics and current events. So, it just comes naturally to me to point out and separate the two when part of what I'm saying or writing is only my opinion or conclusion.

I don't expect others to have the same style or tendencies; that would be boring as hell.

(02-08-2015, 12:56 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: hah No! At least, not in my opinion. It's already implied.

Oh thank gawd! As you've seen I have an opinion on damn near everything. Smiley_emoticons_wink

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - blueberryhill - 02-08-2015

(02-08-2015, 09:56 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-07-2015, 11:56 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Hamas started the shit, the same as they always do. Bibi does what he has to do to keep his country and the people in it safe. Having balls seems to work for him and his country and Jordan seems to have some balls too. That's the only thing that works...unlike the pathetic POS we have pretending to take care of us. Actually, he's not even pretending to take care of this country anymore, in any way, shape or form.

I'm not a fan of Hamas and think that the tunnels and the bomb lobs deserved a retaliatory fuck you from Netanyahu. I also think that some of the global criticism regarding how that retaliation was facilitated was justified and Netanyahu's desire or ability to address it was for shit.

I think Bibi's view is increasingly one-dimensional and he expects unconditional support and huge amounts of money to defend his country without concern for working with those who are ponying up the support and footing the bill. In my opinion, it's not ballsy; his old-school vision and severe lack of diplomacy hurts his country in terms of global relations and long-term security.

I'd like to see US/Iran relations continue to improve. They've got a new leader with a more modern view who has reached out and we've got a mutual present-day enemy in the Islamic State group. Iran is helping Iraq fight IS -- very interesting to see those two countries cooperating (Iran gains a lot by helping to thwart IS, but it's still a change of tides to see Iran defending Iraq to achieve that gain).

I think that Netanyahu should have respected France's request not to go to Paris after the AQAP attacks. France had legitimate security concerns with the wave of anti-semitism in the country and didn't want the focus shifted. Having said that, I think it's worse that no top leader from the US participated in the Paris memorial and unity march. At first, I thought maybe we'd been asked not to attend in-person, so Obama and Biden respected France's security concerns. But that doesn't appear to be the case. Holder was already in Paris at security meetings and was a no-show at the march -- no excuse for that. France is fighting terrorists left and right and supporting US-led efforts; it's shameful that we weren't standing side-by-side with Hollande and the other world leaders in Paris, in my opinion. The White House has since expressed regret about the lack of US presence, but that doesn't mean much, to me.

I shouldn't have quoted all of this, just too lazy to delete, but I appreciate your comments which help educate me about current events. I am not really a news junkie, but do like to keep abreast of what is happening in our world. I don't understand the best buds forever philosophy of US/Israel, but old habits are hard to break....I was personally upset at all the bombings of schools, children killed, etc....I know innocents get killed in wars and it is always, well he started it, etc......but think they are just warmongers and these wars will continue until the end of time.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - HairOfTheDog - 05-16-2015

[Image: n-ABBAS-POPE-MAY-2015-large570.jpg]
^ Pope Francis praised Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas as an "angel of peace" during a meeting Saturday at the Vatican that underscored the Holy See's warm relations with the Palestinians.

The Pope presented Abbas with a medallion and explained that it represented the "angel of peace destroying the bad spirit of war."

Francis said he thought the gift was appropriate since "you are an angel of peace." During his 2014 visit to Israel and the West Bank, Francis called both Abbas and Israeli President Shimon Peres men of peace.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - Duchess - 12-06-2017

Why does the United States get to say what the capital of Israel is? That's bullshit. I must be misunderstanding the issue.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - pyropappy - 12-06-2017

(12-06-2017, 02:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Why does the United States get to say what the capital of Israel is? That's bullshit. I must be misunderstanding the issue.

Yes you are, the Israelis declared Jerusalem their capital when they wrested control from Jordan during the 1967 six day war . The US just recognized that fact, and it is about time.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - HairOfTheDog - 12-06-2017

(12-06-2017, 02:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Sorry Duchess, I was posting about this at the same time in the TRUMP PRESIDENCY thread.

The evangelicals, a sizable portion of Trump's base, pushed for the formal recognition and it was one of his promises to them during his campaign.

Trump says he believes he's simply recognizing a fact and, presumably, believes it will help the peace negotiations. Our key allies in Europe and the Middle East don't agree and advised against this action at this time.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - Duchess - 12-06-2017

(12-06-2017, 02:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sorry Duchess, I was posting about this at the same time in the TRUMP PRESIDENCY thread.

No apology necessary. Thanks for the response.

Jeezus. Even the Pope is commenting on this.

RE: ISRAEL VS. PALESTINE...AGAIN - BigMark - 12-06-2017

The Palestinians in power have no incentive to make peace.