Mock
TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP (/thread-12364.html)

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - Clang McFly - 10-10-2016

(10-10-2016, 11:34 AM)Ski at 1SKY6 Wrote: BigMark, I tried that link and it doesn't work for me.

works for me.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - ZEROSPHERES - 10-11-2016

(10-06-2016, 08:28 AM)Carsman Wrote: He looked right into the tv camera, and told our nation a bold face lie.

Along with avoiding the House of Representatives on two charges, one of perjury and one of obstruction of justice. Both about Monica.

Guess lying runs in the family.

I'm sure he must have bragged to someone.
[Image: locker.jpg]

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - cannongal - 10-12-2016

I just have to ask...

WTF is a "Pussy Bow", and why is Melania's choice of clothing considered "Trolling"?

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - Duchess - 10-12-2016

(10-12-2016, 04:39 AM)cannongal Wrote: WTF is a "Pussy Bow", and why is Melania's choice of clothing considered "Trolling"?

I think it's just a term for a basic bow and I don't doubt it's the media who has said it's trolling, they are shit stirring per usual. I doubt Trump's wife deliberately choose a shirt with a bow in order to troll.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - HairOfTheDog - 10-12-2016

(10-08-2016, 06:35 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I thought for sure he had lost the Christian vote after he has been caught not just lusting after a woman but a married woman! I can't see how evangelicals can support that. Which high profile people are supporting him?

I don't know how many Christians have dumped Trump, but it doesn't seem to be as many as I would have expected either. The Trump campaign surrogates are now telling interviewers that Trump has renewed his faith during the course of the campaign and that Christians will forgive him because, according to the Trump spokespeople, Trump asked for forgiveness.

One Christian magazine has strongly denounced Trump though. Editor Andy Crouch wrote the article published in non-profit politically-neutral Christianity Today, a 50-year-old flagship magazine of American evangelicalism started by Bill Graham.

The editorial was accompanied by a subtitle that minced no words: “Evangelicals, of all people, should not be silent about Donald Trump’s blatant immorality.”

Snip:
“Just because we are neutral, however, does not mean we are indifferent. We are especially not indifferent when the Gospel is at stake. The Gospel is of infinitely greater importance than any campaign.”

As for Trump, Crouch says, “There is hardly any public person in America today who has more exemplified the ‘earthly nature’ … that Paul urges the Colossians to shed: ‘sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires, and greed, which is idolatry’ (3:5). This is an incredibly apt summary of Trump’s life to date.”

“That Trump has been, his whole adult life, an idolater of this sort, and a singularly unrepentant one,” he continues, “should have been clear to everyone.”

Crouch does not spare Trump’s evangelical supporters, who have proposed a variety of theological justifications for making him their candidate. He is particularly dismissive of the argument put forward by many high-profile conservatives, including Graham’s son, Franklin, that because the Bible includes examples of God using flawed men to accomplish His will, evangelicals shouldn’t be concerned about Trump’s personal morality.

And he calls out the long-standing conservative evangelical reasoning behind backing Republican candidates simply out of concern over the makeup of the U.S. Supreme Court.

“There is a point at which strategy becomes its own form of idolatry — an attempt to manipulate the levers of history in favor of the causes we support,” writes Crouch. “Strategy becomes idolatry, for ancient Israel and for us today, when we make alliances with those who seem to offer strength — the chariots of Egypt, the vassal kings of Rome — at the expense of our dependence on God who judges all nations, and in defiance of God’s manifest concern for the stranger, the widow, the orphan, and the oppressed.”

“He has given no evidence of humility or dependence on others, let alone on God his Maker and Judge. He wantonly celebrates strongmen and takes every opportunity to humiliate and demean the vulnerable. He shows no curiosity or capacity to learn.”

“He is,” Crouch concludes, “the very embodiment of what the Bible calls a fool.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/evangelical-magazine-publishes-scathing-anti-trump-editorial-013004224.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know if the article will influence many Christians who didn't back away from Trump long ago, but I thought of your post when I saw the article this morning.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - Midwest Spy - 10-12-2016

I thought that was a very well written piece.

Interestingly, when I met with my sister and her husband this past weekend, they echoed the sentiments from the article that electing Trump (the prick he is) is still better than Hillary, because of the Supreme Court.

That must be the overriding issue for the majority of Republicans/Conservatives at this point.

It may well influence me too as I stand in my booth waiting to pull the lever.

I understood the Supreme Court reasoning by some religious and conservative leaders and voters, MS, before Trump started making promises which are unconstitutional and undemocratic (limit free press, jail opponents, revoke birthright citizenship, etc...), praising authoritarianism, and continuing to embrace and perpetuate alt-right conspiracy theories.

Since he's done all those things, it's very hard for me to understand how anyone (including Christians) can view potential Supreme Court decisions like women keeping the right to choose abortion, gays continuing to be able to get married, overturning Citizen's United unlimited campaign donations, people across the country being required to get background checks for all gun purchases... as more problematic than Donald Trump leading and representing the United States.

But, I do understand that we all have different priorities and appreciate that you don't try to deny or redefine Trump's own direct words and actions to explain the fact that you might vote for him anyway.

Gays have as much right to love as any straight person. Period. It irks me when self righteous do gooders think it's their business, it's not.

It irks me too when the right want to make abortions illegal again. Abortions will be done and the women will face no consequences but the Dr. would, that's bullshit too. It's her decision, she's the one who arranged it. Whatta fucked up mindset so many of those people have. They find it impossible to mind their own business and think they have every right to dictate how things should be done.

...and one other thing. Suppose Hillary really does barbecue and eats a black baby on live television and Trump wins, what makes anyone think he'd put conservative judges in place? That's a serious question.

(10-12-2016, 01:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:

...and one other thing. Suppose Hillary really does barbecue and eats a black baby on live television and Trump wins, what makes anyone think he'd put conservative judges in place? That's a serious question.

Well, Trump has praised ultra-conservative Justice Scalia throughout his campaign and published lists of potential Supreme Court appointees in Scalia's mold to win over GOP leaders.

But, I don't view Trump as a truly religious or conservative person, so I understand your question.

To answer your question...

- It's clear, to me, that Trump doesn't respect women in general or our rights. So, I don't think he'd have a problem with an overturn of Roe v. Wade, despite having said he's very pro-choice in the past.

- I don't think Trump would care if federal gun regulations remained extremely loose, as long as it ensured continued NRA support, despite having said he supports bans on semi-automatics in the past.

- One potential Supreme Court topic about which he's been consistently more liberal publicly than the rest of the GOP is gay rights, but that's the polar opposite position as his running mate and I don't get the sense Trump's passionate about it. So, I could see him flip flopping his position on gays if it was beneficial to him politically.

^ Those are just my assessments and opinions which make me think that Trump would indeed nominate conservative SC justices if elected.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - aussiefriend - 10-12-2016

Thanks for that HoTD on the Christian feedback. I'm glad to see there are those doing the right thing.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - Love Child - 10-13-2016

(10-10-2016, 12:22 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Don't go there girlfriend. By the way, are you one of these people that have joined here and haven't posted a picture. I don't think we should talk to those who don't have the balls to put up a picture of themselves.

Thats stupid.

(10-12-2016, 04:39 AM)cannongal Wrote: I just have to ask...

WTF is a "Pussy Bow", and why is Melania's choice of clothing considered "Trolling"?

Now I want a pussy bow shirt for $1,100 that shows off my nipples. Oh my gosh.

Pussy bow is a style like the bow a cat wore on a cartoon. I had to look it up also, never heard of it.

That shirt though,

Now the Drumpf supporters are saying if men only voted Trump would win.
DO THEY SERIOUSLY FUCKING THINK THAT ALL MEN WANT TO VOTE FOR TRUMP?!

Lets put women back in the kitchen with pussycat bow blouses and not let them vote.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - Carsman - 10-13-2016

(10-12-2016, 12:55 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I understood the Supreme Court reasoning by some religious and conservative leaders and voters, MS, before Trump started making promises which are unconstitutional and undemocratic (limit free press, jail opponents, revoke birthright citizenship, etc...), praising authoritarianism, and continuing to embrace and perpetuate alt-right conspiracy theories.

Since he's done all those things, it's very hard for me to understand how anyone (including Christians) can view potential Supreme Court decisions like women keeping the right to choose abortion, gays continuing to be able to get married, overturning Citizen's United unlimited campaign donations, people across the country being required to get background checks for all gun purchases... as more problematic than Donald Trump leading and representing the United States.

But, I do understand that we all have different priorities and appreciate that you don't try to deny or redefine Trump's own direct words and actions to explain the fact that you might vote for him anyway.

The fact may be that the extreme disdain for Hillary that many feel, will drive them to begrudgingly vote for the sexist pig.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - aussiefriend - 10-13-2016

(10-13-2016, 12:46 AM)Love Child Wrote:
(10-10-2016, 12:22 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Don't go there girlfriend. By the way, are you one of these people that have joined here and haven't posted a picture. I don't think we should talk to those who don't have the balls to put up a picture of themselves.

Thats stupid.

How so Lovechild? If we put ourselves out there and then all these people see who we are and they don't post a picture of themselves. It's an imbalance of power. Even you posted a picture of yourself. It's not rocketscience to work that scenario out.

So really what's stupid is calling it stupid!

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - aussiefriend - 10-13-2016

This would have to the worst candidate you guys have ever had. It's quite a spectacle to observe from a far.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - Duchess - 10-13-2016

(10-13-2016, 02:16 AM)Carsman Wrote: vote for the sexist pig.

That should be the least of your concerns when giving him your vote.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - HairOfTheDog - 10-13-2016

(10-13-2016, 02:16 AM)Carsman Wrote: The fact may be that the extreme disdain for Hillary that many feel, will drive them to begrudgingly vote for the sexist pig.

Yes, though that's not what the evangelicals we were discussing have stated as their reason for supporting Trump (for now), we've discussed at length how many people say they'll vote for Trump simply because he's not a politician, and/or because he's an outsider, and/or because they hate or harbor disdain for Hillary Clinton.

Anyway, I'm grateful that we live in a democracy where people have the choice to vote for Trump or whichever of the other candidates they so choose. And, I still firmly believe, more now than ever, that the large majority of Americans don't view Donald Trump as qualified/fit to run our country -- based on his own words and actions before and during his campaign -- and that the majority of American voters do not want the kind of authoritarian undemocratic change he promises. I think the majority of voters will instead choose a better qualified candidate and that voters will be more diligent about holding that President and other politicians more accountable to the people they serve than ever before.

In my opinion, Trump knows his chances of winning are very slim. I don't think winning the election is the goal of his current last-ditch tabloid 'scorched earth' strategy. I think he's now working to rile up and hold on to the core of his unconditionally-devoted fans who will see him as a winner who was fucked over by 'the man". I agree with those who suspect that Trump is looking to helm an alt-right anti-government constituency of disgruntled true-believers moving forward. That's really the only way he'll be able to exert power and make money off the Trump brand after he's badly defeated in the presidential election; he'll have an advantage in that pursuit by the fact that at least two of his key campaign advisers have succeeded in creating/maintaining that same alt-right media space/base for years. We'll see.

RE: TRUMP. NOTHING BUT TRUMP - Duchess - 10-13-2016

I read part of an interview where a Trump supporter said she didn't care about the salacious stuff on either side, she cared that Hillary was going to raise her taxes to the extent she would be paying six grand a year and she cared very much that under Hillary's presidency she would be prevented from saying Merry Christmas.