Mock
Brexit - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Brexit (/thread-12520.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Brexit - Maggot - 06-24-2016

Even if voters have decided to get out will parliament give in to the will of the people or not? My take on it is that liberals and the left want to stay in but conservatives and the right want out. Is that how it works over there?
It matters nothing to me but it may start a trend and I'm sure some are losing sleep over it.

RE: Brexit - OnBendedKnee - 06-24-2016

Now if we can only get California to do the same thing...

RE: Brexit - Blindgreed1 - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 08:31 AM)Maggot Wrote: Even if voters have decided to get out will parliament give in to the will of the people or not? My take on it is that liberals and the left want to stay in but conservatives and the right want out. Is that how it works over there?
It matters nothing to me but it may start a trend and I'm sure some are losing sleep over it.
Libs and conservatives have complete opposite values than they do here Maggs. But just switch left to right and right to left and you're pretty close.

Brexit to be followed by Grexit. Departugal. Italeave. Czechout. Oustria. Finish. Slovlong. Latervia. Byegium.

RE: Brexit - Maggot - 06-24-2016

hah You got it!

RE: Brexit - HairOfTheDog - 06-24-2016

It's interesting reading everyone's opinions. I feel strongly that it's a bad economic and social move by the UK, but I don't think it will be blocked by Parliament, Maggot. And, I hope it's managed effectively and works out well.

I'm curious as to what posters who've lived in the UK and EU countries think about it -- Cynical Ninja, Mohammed, Paulistano...

If you don't mind sharing, does your mum have strong feelings about it, aussie?

RE: Brexit - Duchess - 06-24-2016

Trump is blaming Obama for the move. He said Obama had no business commenting and asking them to stay, or something to that effect, and now that they have left, Obama is to blame.

This morning Trump was being interviewed at his golf course in Scotland and said he think this is a wonderful thing, it's fantastic because now people will have more money to come and visit his golf course.

Forget Brexit for just a moment. . .
[Image: QettDIx.jpg]

RE: Brexit - Donovan - 06-24-2016

I have a number of online friends who are absolutely gutted over it, the prevailing opinion is that a very similar ramping of xenophobia and racial fears were deliberately fanned in the very stupid and elderly (sound familiar?) and that many of the people who voted for Brexit are instantly regretful today because they actually didn't expect it to happen. My Scottish friends are mad as hell because the country voted unilaterally to stay in but will be forcibly dragged out by Britain or you may see another vote on Scottish independence. My British expat who lives in Greece was immediately financially ruined this morning because his livelihood depends on stability of pounds to Euro conversion. He's fucked and basically stranded in a country already in huge financial trouble.

RE: Brexit - HairOfTheDog - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 03:02 PM)Duchess Wrote:
Trump is blaming Obama for the move. He said Obama had no business commenting and asking them to stay, or something to that effect, and now that they have left, Obama is to blame.

This morning Trump was being interviewed at his golf course in Scotland and said he think this is a wonderful thing, it's fantastic because now people will have more money to come and visit his golf course.

So ignorant.

The top global economists, EU countries' heads of state, the US President, China's President, India's Prime Minister, the Scots, the people of Northern Ireland...all encouraged the UK to stay in the EU. The decision has global impacts and those impacted, including the US President, would of course make public statements.

Some Russian and Iranian leaders are the only ones I've seen over the past few months preferring the UK's exit.

RE: Brexit - Blindgreed1 - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 04:18 PM)Donovan Wrote: I have a number of online friends who are absolutely gutted over it, the prevailing opinion is that a very similar ramping of xenophobia and racial fears were deliberately fanned in the very stupid and elderly (sound familiar?) and that many of the people who voted for Brexit are instantly regretful today because they actually didn't expect it to happen. My Scottish friends are mad as hell because the country voted unilaterally to stay in but will be forcibly dragged out by Britain or you may see another vote on Scottish independence. My British expat who lives in Greece was immediately financially ruined this morning because his livelihood depends on stability of pounds to Euro conversion. He's fucked and basically stranded in a country already in huge financial trouble.
My Brittish expat lives in Spain now and he's just thankful he can claim Irish citizenship so that he doesn't have to leave Spain. Spain is much nicer than all of the UK so I don't blame him.

RE: Brexit - Duchess - 06-24-2016

(06-24-2016, 04:18 PM)Donovan Wrote: many of the people who voted for Brexit are instantly regretful today because they actually didn't expect it to happen.

It's prevalent, to the point it now has its own hashtag and twitter page. I was reading some of the tweets, there's a bit of trolling as you might imagine but for the most part these people are bordering on devastated with the decision they made. The shit got real.

As an aside, one guy posted, "for all the leave and now regret my decision voters, they exist in the US as well...for Trump".

RE: Brexit - Maggot - 06-24-2016

Well.............everyone knew it wouldn't be easy but I think in the long run it's better. I may revive this in 4-6 months. Today is freakout day unless parliament renege's. Actually the next 2 weeks will be freakout time at least and the media loves it.

I'm sure that guy who left his daughter in his baking hot car and tried to undead by placing her in his refrigerator is grateful for this news cycle.

^No shit. Of course his life is still basically fucked, but at least the SJW crowd won't murder him along with his wife doing it.

Read an interesting article today on the ramifications of Brexit to the UK. Scotland is pissed as hell and is strongly hinting there will be another separation vote so they can stay in the EU. (side note, Trump tweeted something stupid while in country about how thrilled they were over the vote and got fucking ROASTED by Scotland today. Funny as hell) Meanwhile, Ireland and Northern Ireland may slide back into fighting over their own unification with either England or the EU. Northern Ireland voted overwhelmingly to stay in EU, and is it's own governing body, while Ireland is still subject to Britain and voted to leave mostly. The fight would be whether Ireland and Northern Ireland should unite with themselves as a country or split more totally along the voting lines.
As we've seen in the last hundred or so years, the Irish are well-known for allowing calmer heads to come to a compromise over philosophical differences *cough catholic or protestant cough*.

This could very well be the end of the last of the British empire. I hope you tTrumpetheads are paying attention. This could be our future. Might be a good time to get into whatever part of the country agrees with your views and stay there.

Because as of now, Britain is facing closed borders, even on its own island, and a sudden catastrophic loss of value for their currency. It isn't that hard to imagine the same fate here, how well do you think this country will fare if Trump wins at all or if HRC wins by a very narrow margin?

Know what else is gonna get fucked up by Brexit? Game of Thrones, currently filming in Northern Ireland. Yeah, now's a good time to panic.

RE: Brexit - Maggot - 06-25-2016

hah Oh, the humanity!!!

RE: Brexit - Duchess - 06-25-2016

(06-24-2016, 10:19 PM)Donovan Wrote: Know what else is gonna get fucked up by Brexit? Game of Thrones, currently filming in Northern Ireland. Yeah, now's a good time to panic.

Noooooo. Don't fuck with my show.

RE: Brexit - pyropappy - 06-25-2016

(06-24-2016, 04:42 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Some Russian and Iranian leaders are the only ones I've seen over the past few months preferring the UK's exit.

Have you asked yourself why they support Brexit? Read about Putin's closest adviser Aleksandr Dugin.

The time to prepare for global chaos is long over due.

RE: Brexit - Duchess - 06-25-2016

(06-25-2016, 11:48 AM)pyropappy Wrote: Have you asked yourself why they support Brexit? Read about Putin's closest adviser Aleksandr Dugin.

The time to prepare for global chaos is long over due.

Pappy! Love025