Mock
Sometimes I think...... - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: Sometimes I think...... (/thread-14316.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sometimes I think...... - Maggot - 04-03-2020

.......That the Democrats wake up in the morning and say "What can we do to scare the American people" Sitting in their pajamas in their cellars on a conference call and this lone voice from afar says "I know, I know!!" "lets release the prisoners!" Then everyone says Hmmmmmmm. OK that will work!  hah Yaz know there is no separation like prison separation. 

Also I think Trump should let Biden speak at his press briefings every day and put out his "10 points of reasoning" to the American people. Let him get up there and give his plan to people. He could look very Presidential, Trump would be showing his Bi-Partisan support and Joe could speak to everyone with his 10 points. 

Just a couple of things.  Blowing-kisses

RE: Sometimes I think...... - MirahM - 04-03-2020

Sometimes I think you need to fuck off with this pollyanism crap.

I think that your life seems to be mostly unaffected by this-sure you are at home, but you have a stock pile and plenty in reserve, it may be a little boring, but you'll survive.

And I see you telling the rest of us to be more positive. What is that all about?

I see people upset at things that are happening to people around the world and you saying "just be positive" Like it is not okay to be sad or upset about the injustices that are happening to people-nurses working w/out ppo, hospitals not having supplies, cruise ships at sea trying to dock at places. etc etc

I will share a personal story. Recently in a small group at church I was talking about how I try to put a positive spin on most things. And the pastor actually said, "you know some things just suck" he didn't use those words. But what he meant or what I took it as is that I don't have to do that. I don't have to look at the world through rose colored glasses and I don't have to see the "good" in everybody. I used to. But some people are just assholes.
And because a few people are worried about money or health or not being able to see their loved ones or being stuck at home w/ family doesn't make them bad people or negative people.

Also-I don't believe democrats want to scare the world or scare America.

Please.

I certainly don't want things to get worse and I don't want failure. Please stop with telling us how great an American you are and how shitty others are or feel about this country.

RE: Sometimes I think...... - Duchess - 04-04-2020

(04-03-2020, 11:52 PM)MirahM Wrote: Also-I don't believe democrats want to scare the world or scare America.

Please.

I certainly don't want things to get worse and I don't want failure. Please stop with telling us how great an American you are and how shitty others are or feel about this country.

He's lost to us. We have to leave him behind. Take my hand and don't look back.

RE: Sometimes I think...... - Maggot - 04-04-2020

I wonder what the House of Representatives has done in the past 3 years. 

Mirah I was trying to pick people up last week but you told me "What is so funny" your words not mine. And why would letting prisoners out make people happy? I tell ya you Democrats kind of have a strange mindset. Oh well. I tried.

RE: Sometimes I think...... - Clang McFly - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 06:12 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:52 PM)MirahM Wrote: Also-I don't believe democrats want to scare the world or scare America.

Please.

He's lost to us. We have to leave him behind. Take my hand and don't look back.
That's not very Jesus-y. Even Jesus went back for the one lost lamb. Maggot may be deluded but he's good people. He's way better than Fryguy at least.

RE: Sometimes I think...... - Duchess - 04-04-2020

Never professed to be Jesus-y.   41

RE: Sometimes I think...... - sally - 04-04-2020

I usually agree with Maggot more than the rest of you. And I dont think it's wise to be attending small church groups, Mirah.

RE: Sometimes I think...... - Maggot - 04-04-2020

(04-03-2020, 11:31 PM)MirahM Wrote: Sometimes I think you need to fuck off with this pollyanism crap.

Yeah well, I hope you get spinach stuck in your teeth, its midnight and you don't have any floss.

RE: Sometimes I think...... - BigMark - 04-04-2020

anywhere

RE: Sometimes I think...... - MirahM - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 05:41 PM)sally Wrote: I usually agree with Maggot more than the rest of you. And I dont think it's wise to be attending small church groups, Mirah.

It was in January. I know I said recently, it feels recent, but it was before all of this. I am a one person show here except to go to work and thankfully there are only 6 of us there.

RE: Sometimes I think...... - MirahM - 04-04-2020

(04-04-2020, 08:15 AM)Maggot Wrote: I wonder what the House of Representatives has done in the past 3 years. 

Mirah I was trying to pick people up last week but you told me "What is so funny" your words not mine. And why would letting prisoners out make people happy? I tell ya you Democrats kind of have a strange mindset. Oh well. I tried.

I can appreciate that. It just felt like you were also laughing at some very real fears, or saying, "Lighten up People!" as if voicing any fears or discomfort during this time is wrong. I get being positive, but not while ignoring the crap that is going on at the same time.

RE: Sometimes I think...... - Maggot - 07-07-2020

Bernie was OK to go to Mt Rushmore then it was "4 great Presidents" But when Trump goes all hell breaks loose. Just to show the hypocrisy of the media.

RE: Sometimes I think...... - Duchess - 07-07-2020

republicans talking about hypocrisy as if it is a bad thing.   28

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch  What do you mean?

hah  I mean you're being a hypocrite talking about the hypocrisy of others. There are no bigger hypocrites than those in the republican party.

Oh, OK I thought you were disagreeing on how bias CNN was.  Awink

RE: Sometimes I think...... - MirahM - 07-07-2020

Maggot of course people react differently. Maybe its because one person shows more respect for human kind and the environment than others. One visited in 2016, not during a pandemic.

Why are you surprised at people's reaction towards Trump? You are absoutely right that people are not going to respond favorably to his actions because of his words and actions. He refuses to look at another groups perspectives-why not listen to the indiginous people, why not listen to black lives matter, why not listen to some people protesting?
Or is a President really only supposed to listen to those that he agrees with and those that agree with him?

(07-07-2020, 11:23 AM)Maggot Wrote: Oh, OK I thought you were disagreeing on how bias CNN was.  Awink

I don't watch CNN, hun. Weirdly, I am drawn to those who are traditional republicans so given the opportunity I listen to them/read them.