Mock
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Discussions, Opinions & Debate (https://mockforums.net/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (/thread-15950.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Duchess - 05-02-2023

Have any of you been hearing more about AI recently?

I don't know very much about it, but what I do know, makes me feel uncomfortable. Is that weird? *shrugs* I don't know, I think so. I feel like I have something to worry about, but I'm a worrier by nature. I tend to think ahead and anticipate and be prepared.

Yeah, that's weird.

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Clang McFly - 05-02-2023

(05-02-2023, 03:57 PM)Duchess Wrote: Have any of you been hearing more about AI recently?

I don't know very much about it, but what I do know, makes me feel uncomfortable. Is that weird? *shrugs* I don't know, I think so. I feel like I have something to worry about, but I'm a worrier by nature. I tend to think ahead and anticipate and be prepared.

Yeah, that's weird.

I'm not going to worry about AI until they launch Skynet or a robot takes my job.

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - BlueTiki - 05-02-2023

I don't t trust it.  Right now it reminds me of an unsupervised teen . . . home alone . . . and getting ready to throw a party while the parents are out of town.

Clang will understand when I say it reminds more of Control than Zora . . . and Zora is still a bit clingy . . . for me to fully embrace and trust.

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Carsman - 05-02-2023

Years from now, AI likely will be more beneficial to mankind. 
Then 
Right now, the learning curve for AI will be (is) a challenge for some time to come. 

We need to first develop its understanding and educate it, then with the help 
of that data, it integrates and then answers our problems. 

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Piglet - 05-03-2023

I dont think there is a threat at all, machines are just another branch of human intelligence. And having that, like the Duchess, we can anticipate problems, there will be a master switch somewhere. A big switch like those 1950s clunky things, that closes down the internet, switches off power stations, etc.

As far as i know, computers cant fire rocket launchers, control people, people are cunning. What is worrying is that machines wont have feelings, and not know the difference right from wrong. How will a machine jump from being thwarted to wanting to kill?, that has to be programmed. Machines are a bitch, always will be.

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - BlueTiki - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 07:12 AM)Piglet Wrote: I dont think there is a threat at all

machines are just another branch of human intelligence.  . . . people are cunning. How will a machine jump from being thwarted to wanting to kill?  that has to be programmed.  

Wow!

A solid position immediately followed by reassuring ambivalence.

I can only hope the human intelligence used for programming isn't yours.

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Clang McFly - 05-03-2023

(05-03-2023, 01:20 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 07:12 AM)Piglet Wrote: I dont think there is a threat at all

machines are just another branch of human intelligence.  . . . people are cunning. How will a machine jump from being thwarted to wanting to kill?  that has to be programmed.  

Wow!

A solid position immediately followed by reassuring ambivalence.

I can only hope the human intelligence used for programming isn't yours.

hah

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Piglet - 05-05-2023

Your behaving like a loon tiki, wherever i go, so do you. I call that love. As for you clongo, you cant comment on anything about intelligence, you havent any. No not true, you can get your self to the loo in time.

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Clang McFly - 05-05-2023

(05-05-2023, 06:34 AM)Piglet Wrote: Your behaving like a loon tiki, wherever i go, so do you.    I call that love.  As for you clongo, you cant comment on anything about intelligence, you havent any.  No not true, you can get your self to the loo in time.
I lack emotional and social intelligence, true. But I'm not as dumb as I appear. It's easier to play the fool and hide my intelligence than flex my brain muscles. Low brow humor wins friends easier than Plato or Socrates.

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Carsman - 05-11-2023

Saw on a news outlet yesterday, a blurb that said AI is likely to do away with 8 
out of every 10 jobs in the future. Sounds like it may not be that beneficial!
Scary!

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - BlueTiki - 05-11-2023

(05-11-2023, 04:24 PM)Carsman Wrote: Saw on a news outlet yesterday, a blurb that said AI is likely to do away with 8 
Scary!

On the plus side . . . the government has a new taxable labor force!   hah

And one that won't collect UI, SSI, SSDI . . . take personal days . . . require health insurance . . .  need daycare  for kids . . . the perfect employee!

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Carsman - 05-11-2023

(05-11-2023, 04:44 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-11-2023, 04:24 PM)Carsman Wrote: Saw on a news outlet yesterday, a blurb that said AI is likely to do away with 8 
Scary!

On the plus side . . . the government has a new taxable labor force!   hah

And one that won't collect UI, SSI, SSDI . . . take personal days . . . require health insurance . . .  need daycare  for kids . . . the perfect employee!
Those 8 out of 10 would not think there was a plus side. 

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - rothschild - 05-11-2023

(05-03-2023, 07:12 AM)Piglet Wrote: I dont think there is a threat at all, machines are just another branch of human intelligence. And having that, like the Duchess, we can anticipate problems, there will be a master switch somewhere. A big switch like those 1950s clunky things, that closes down the internet, switches off power stations, etc.

As far as i know, computers cant fire rocket launchers, control people, people are cunning. What is worrying is that machines wont have feelings, and not know the difference right from wrong. How will a machine jump from being thwarted to wanting to kill?, that has to be programmed. Machines are a bitch, always will be.

The ability to control neural networks is directly proportional to understanding them. That is where the danger lies. If AI becomes self-programming, say goodbye to control.

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Carsman - 05-14-2023

(05-11-2023, 05:45 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 07:12 AM)Piglet Wrote: I dont think there is a threat at all, machines are just another branch of human intelligence.  And having that, like the Duchess, we can anticipate problems, there will be a master switch somewhere.      A big switch like those 1950s clunky things, that closes down the internet, switches off power stations, etc.

As far as i know, computers cant fire rocket launchers, control people, people are cunning.  What is worrying is that machines wont have feelings, and not know the difference right from wrong.  How will a machine jump from being thwarted to wanting to kill?, that has to be programmed. Machines are a bitch, always will be.

The ability to control neural networks is directly proportional to understanding them. That is where the danger lies. If AI becomes self-programming, say goodbye to control.

The more I read about AI, the more I’m beginning to not like it for mankind. 

A disadvantage of AI is that it cannot learn to think outside the box. Therefore, AI is
capable of learning over time with pre-fed data and past experiences, but cannot be 
creative in its approach on its own! 

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - MirahM - 05-14-2023

Its scary when people are trained not to think outside of the box in CORPORATE AMERICA!

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - rothschild - 05-14-2023

(05-14-2023, 08:07 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(05-03-2023, 07:12 AM)Piglet Wrote: I dont think there is a threat at all, machines are just another branch of human intelligence.  And having that, like the Duchess, we can anticipate problems, there will be a master switch somewhere.      A big switch like those 1950s clunky things, that closes down the internet, switches off power stations, etc.

As far as i know, computers cant fire rocket launchers, control people, people are cunning.  What is worrying is that machines wont have feelings, and not know the difference right from wrong.  How will a machine jump from being thwarted to wanting to kill?, that has to be programmed. Machines are a bitch, always will be.

A disadvantage of AI is that it cannot learn to think outside the box. Therefore, AI is
capable of learning over time with pre-fed data and past experiences, but cannot be 

That used to be my take on AI, too. How do you define creativity, Cars?

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Carsman - 05-15-2023

(05-14-2023, 08:56 PM)rothschild Wrote:
(05-14-2023, 08:07 PM)Carsman Wrote:

That used to be my take on AI, too. How do you define creativity, Cars?

Creativity uses imagination (That AI does not have) to enhance original ideas or designs 
so as to expand the subject matter to its full potential beyond initial data provided.
(PS: why avatar change?)

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - BlueTiki - 05-15-2023

Ya'll might wanna check out (or do a search for) "DALL E 2".

It's a product that can be found on openai.com.

Might need to re-define the definition of "creativity".

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - rothschild - 05-15-2023

Re avatar, just trying to keep it crunchy.

I think AI can improvise, in a clumsy sort of way. Part of the push for total surveillance, IMO, is to maximise AI's ability to mimic human behavior, ditto for pushing almost everything onto the digital ecosystem. One glaring deficiency is the ability to experience emotion, which is connected with our physical being. I suspect that the transhumanists are working to integrate AI with human beings as a way to overcome that limitation. Klaus Schwab talks about human augmentation in The Fourth Industrial Revolution. All for the purpose of achieving god-like "perfection", I suppose.

RE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - Duchess - 05-15-2023

I long for a simpler time. I really do. I want peace & relaxation. I want to stay up later than 8:00 and I want to plant flowers & vegetables and drink early morning coffee at a leisurely pace outdoors while the birds chirp nearby. I want serenity. I don't want to have to think about sci-fi stuff like robots who are smarter than me.