Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 10-12-2021

I can do flour substitutes, that would be awesome but also am watching carbs (when the server goes by I slobber)

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 10-13-2021

Carbs are what makes your brain happy. Gawd. You cut them out completely? That's so hard!

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 10-13-2021

Not completely just dialed back. It's actually king of difficult to be gluten free out and about.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 10-13-2021

(10-13-2021, 06:44 PM)BigMark Wrote:  gluten free 

I'm seeing more & more brand name business's promote their gluten free products, flour, breads, muffins, stuff like that.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 10-13-2021

Namaste flour is a nice flour to use for substitue
Or just using a brown rice flour, oat flour or quinioa flour-based on what sort of flavor you are going for. Oh-for banana bread or muffins I use hazel nut flour.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 10-17-2021

(10-11-2021, 10:14 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 10:08 PM)MirahM Wrote: Mostly, it might have had a small scoop of ice cream on it. I had some corn flakes with granola.

Last night I made pancakes, just like I like them, crispy. I added a twist, I tried some lemon and ginger on one and it was quite tasty.

Good for you, adventurous one aren't you?  Smiley_emoticons_wink

A little yes. Or a lot. I don't know. I also just try to find ways to add certain ingredients during cold season. I like to experiment and play the "what if" game also.
Sometimes I end up in trouble, but sometimes I don't.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 10-20-2021

Tomorrow I will make Linguine, Alfredo, Scallop 

I sear the scallops for 1 min on each side
Put 2 jars of Alfredo in the pan I seared the scallops in
Add linguine in the pan 
heat then add the scallops.

Heat then serve with peas.

It takes 15 min. The linguine is fresh. Maybe some garlic bread with Mozzarella on the side.........not sure yet..

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-20-2021

It's a heavy dish, I'd say a light salad on the side to round it out. Or maybe some roasted asparagus with a squeeze of lemon.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-20-2021

I just noticed you're putting the peas on the side, I actually think they'd be good tossed into the pasta.

(10-20-2021, 08:09 PM)sally Wrote: I just noticed you're putting the peas on the side, I actually think they'd be good tossed into the pasta.

I'm thinking of just adding them to the pasta mix not much just a small amount.. I think the garlic bread would be a better side. But its gotta have cheese.

I have the scallops but not the other stuff and will have to use my lunch to get the other crap. Not something I look forward too. But if I go at around 3pm I should be fine.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 10-20-2021

I made beef shoulder cheap meat if you could call it that at $7 per pound, into a marvelous stew. Yummy yummy I love my instapot!

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 10-20-2021

Oh my gosh, such good foods!

I just ate meat and cheese from my groceries while chatting with relatives for the last 2 hours.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-21-2021

I don't have a very big appetite. I ate an apple and some walnuts and drank 15 beers.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 10-21-2021

Jeez you are cutting back! Usually its 16.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 10-21-2021

Good stuff!!!

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 10-28-2021

I don't have the motivation to cook anything. I have been making super simple stuff lately. I think I should just start doing 1 pot meals and I'll eat it all week. I don't care.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 10-28-2021

Yeah I just ate some cold french fries from a few days ago. Sometimes it doesn't take much.

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 11-17-2021

I went to the store tonight to get some canned goods and more rice. There was already cut up butternut squash. So I made this-and added some carrots. Its not for dinner tonight it is just to eat for this week.

[Image: NBS2ZBy.jpg]

RE: what's for dinner? - MirahM - 11-17-2021

I've been trying to mimic the taste in this wrap that I had last week.

[Image: 4GyrTLr.jpg]