Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 08-26-2013

Baseball bat smashed potatoes! hah

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 06:58 PM)crash Wrote: I hope it wasn't that icky white semi-viscous paper mâché glue like shit you all pass off as gravy. That stuff is barf worthy.

I make the best gravy known to mankind, that's one thing that my dad taught me. I even have my great, great, great grandmas gravy pot.

I can make gravy out of possum's ass.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 08-26-2013

(08-26-2013, 07:22 PM)sally Wrote: I can make gravy out of possum's ass.

Just not Goat's cheese.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-26-2013

I know you've tried that white, gluey gravy they put on biscuits over here. You probably left the restaurant feeling like you're going to shit a brick.

You have to start out with some pan drippings and flour and make a dark roux, add some milk just until thickened and fresh ground black pepper and it's delicious over eggs and potatoes.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 08-26-2013

Yeah, Sal, I can make a good brown pan gravy with the best of them, but that white shit is just yuk.

Notice how all the hoity toity foodies are referring to drippings as pan juices now? In my day juices were something that cam from a fruit or a vag, not a roasting pan.

RE: what's for dinner? - Mohammed - 08-27-2013

That white shit ain't that much yuk if you put it over cauliflower, then top that with grated Cheddar, Mozzarella and Parmesan and chuck it in the oven until its nice golden brown on top.

I actually think we're having that right now.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-27-2013

Damn, that sounds good. I'm so hungry & I really like cauliflower, even just plain with salt & pepper.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 08-27-2013

I walk around my garden and have lunch alot. A little cucumber. broccoli tomatoes some sweat peas and if I'm lucky a plum.

RE: what's for dinner? - ramseycat - 08-27-2013

I like it too. You can make a good mashed potato imitation with cooked cauliflower. Mix in some low fat cheese. Yum!

My moms secret for mashed potatoes is to use a can of condensed milk. It makes them really creamy. My mom died before she wrote down her recipes for stuffing and gravy. My aunt might have them. Real southern stuffing and giblet gravy. I don't eat the giblets. That's gross.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-27-2013

(08-27-2013, 01:33 PM)Maggot Wrote: I walk around my garden and have lunch alot. A little cucumber. broccoli tomatoes some sweat peas and if I'm lucky a plum.

If I had to rely on my garden for lunch I'd starve. The last couple of times I tried, the plants did good at first and produced lots of fruit and then they all slowly died despite watering, fertilizing and feeding them. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 08-27-2013

Did you put any dead bodies in there?

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-27-2013

(08-27-2013, 01:58 PM)Maggot Wrote: Did you put any dead bodies in there?

Was I supposed to? Where do you get your dead bodies at, I don't think Lowes or the Home Depot carry them.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 08-27-2013

(08-27-2013, 12:51 PM)Mohammed Wrote: That white shit ain't that much yuk if you put it over cauliflower, then top that with grated Cheddar, Mozzarella and Parmesan and chuck it in the oven until its nice golden brown on top.

I actually think we're having that right now.

I like a nice bechamel based white sauce with a hint of stinky cheese on cauliflower or broccoli, but that white gravy shite is nothing like bechamel.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-27-2013

...and I'd like a nice house boy to cook me some of this stuff.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 08-28-2013

It was a pretty mild evening here on the mid east coast, so I cleaned the bbq this afternoon ahead of Fathers day this weekend and we had new York cuts and corn in the husk with butter and diced new potatoes on the hotplate with butter, diced bacon and vegeta.

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 09-28-2013

Appetite is coming back.

We had giant New York bone-ins and russet baked potatoes with sour cream, cheese and avocado.

Effin' awesome, but now I'm drinking coffee so I don't crash.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 10-09-2013

I'm so friggin' hungry, my stomach is growling.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 01-11-2014

What's for dinner? I'm thinking about food because I'm hungry & if I want to eat I'm going to have to make something. Jesus God, I hate having to do that bullshit, I'd rather dig a ditch.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 01-11-2014

Hotdogs.

Just kidding...pork chops tonight and roast beef tomorrow night. And leftover pizza part 3 for lunch.

RE: what's for dinner? - Cynical Ninja - 01-11-2014

Saturday is takeaway night.

This week its Dominos.