Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-05-2014

I ate red meat & corn on the cob like a savage.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-07-2014

What's for dinner, Mockers, I'm so hungry. Listen closely & you'll hear my stomach growling.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-07-2014

Grilled chicken, corn on the cob and sweet potatoes.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-07-2014

Niman Ranch Ribeye, baked potato, sauteed mushrooms, grilled onions and a loooong draft.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 05-07-2014

I feel like ribs tonight. Sloooooooooooow cooked ribs. Better go see Tran this morning..

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 05-07-2014

I rub the ribs with my own spice mixture, wrap them in foil and bake at 250 until they're almost falling off the bone. Then finish them over a charcoal grill with hickory chips to add some smoke flavor. How do you do yours?

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 05-07-2014

Pretty much the same. Rub them with a spice rub that I make. Put them in a tray and cover it and in a really slow oven.

Then over charcoal too, basting with a sauce. Spicy, smoky, dribble down your chin porky goodness..

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 05-08-2014

Damn I love ribs. I'm so full. I can't even fit another Sierra Nevada pale in. There's even left overs for lunch tomorrow.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 05-16-2014

Tacos Carnitas here tonight. I've had the dry rubbed boston butt cryovacced in the fridge for 24 hours and I just put it in the slow cooker. Can't wait..

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 05-17-2014

(05-16-2014, 11:35 PM)crash Wrote: Tacos Carnitas here tonight. I've had the dry rubbed boston butt cryovacced in the fridge for 24 hours and I just put it in the slow cooker. Can't wait..

That sounds so damned good.

At the risk of getting crucified, I'd be all over any left-overs. hah

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 05-17-2014

There is heaps of carnitas and salsa left over. Nachos go lunch today, I think..

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-22-2014

(05-17-2014, 07:03 PM)crash Wrote: There is heaps of carnitas and salsa left over. Nachos go lunch today, I think..
You make your own salsa Crash? I have a wicked recipe.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 05-22-2014

(05-22-2014, 05:55 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(05-17-2014, 07:03 PM)crash Wrote: There is heaps of carnitas and salsa left over. Nachos go lunch today, I think..

I always have at home. I use this recipe. I've been there a couple of times. I wish I lived around the corner from the place.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-22-2014

(05-22-2014, 06:14 PM)crash Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 05:55 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

I always have at home. I use this recipe. I've been there a couple of times. I wish I lived around the corner from the place.
The one I have is simpler and faster. Not as fancy with the pumpkin seeds and all, but quite good none the less. I'll post up the recipe tomorrow. Hopefully you can get stuff like fresh habenero's over there.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 05-22-2014

(05-22-2014, 06:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Hopefully you can get stuff like fresh habenero's over there.

I grow them. Orange and chocolate.

I grow nagas, trinidad scorpions, Douglahs, jalapenos and cayennes too.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-23-2014

(05-22-2014, 06:40 PM)crash Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 06:30 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Hopefully you can get stuff like fresh habenero's over there.

I grow them. Orange and chocolate.

I grow nagas, trinidad scorpions, Douglahs, jalapenos and cayennes too.
Perfect. You'll need 6 orange, as well as 2 bunches of green onion, 1 bunch of cilantro, 3 cloves of garlic, 6-8 medium sized roma toms (fire roasted or the canned peeled whole toms work just as well), 10-12 green chilis (fire roasted and peeled, the canned work just fine as well). 1 lemon and one large lime. Depending on how you prefer your salsa, you can crush the toms by hand for chunky salsa or run them through the food processor/blender if you like it smoother, toss that into a large bowl. Run the cilantro and garlic through the food processor/blender with the habeneros and toss that in the bowl. Chop up your green chilis and onions and toss them in with the rest of the party in the bowl. Squeeze the lemon and lime in last and toss well. Then just eat the shit. If you have a large ammount left over, keep it refrigerated and after 2-3 days, dillute with more toms and green chili. This stuff gets hotter the longer it sits. I like it hot, but most complaiin that it gets too hot to eat after the 4th day. Enjoy.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-23-2014

(05-23-2014, 11:29 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: 10-12 green chilis (fire roasted and peeled, the canned work just fine as well).

No.

No they don't.

RE: what's for dinner? - QueenBee - 05-23-2014

Fish fry Friday. Yay.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-23-2014

(05-23-2014, 11:33 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-23-2014, 11:29 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: 10-12 green chilis (fire roasted and peeled, the canned work just fine as well).

No.

No they don't.
They do. Prep on those fuckers sucks ass. I get the Hatch canned and they're fine. I also have the benefit of buying them locally here and the canned are just as good as the ones I buy off the mexican women in front of the grocery store. The Ortega and Macayo canned are flavorless slimey crap, but the Hatch are great.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 05-23-2014

(05-23-2014, 12:00 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: The Ortega and Macayo canned are flavorless slimey crap, but the Hatch are great.

See what I mean.

I stand by my position, that NOTHING beats freshly roasted chiles . . . canned Hatch chiles come close, but no cigar.

What are the odds Crash can score canned Hatch chiles in OZ?

Suggest he grows some Anaheims and roasts them himself.

And grow the Big Jims . . . perfect for chili rellenos, too.