Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 11:20 AM)Duchess Wrote:

You'd have to put a gun to my head to get me to eat lamb. It's not happening. I try to shame some people about what they eat but it never works.
Well, you're certainly not missing much. Shits nasty.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-14-2014

I don't eat anything like that, lamb, veal, goat. It's all vomit inducing to me. Every now & then I get a yen for a burger or a steak though but it usually passes.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 11:17 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 06:50 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Now that I've thought about this for a moment I realize you've got a lot of nerve saying that about heathens. You eat lamb! Ramsey too and several others in here. You're all godless heathens. One day when y'all have worms you'll be understanding that Duchess was right after all.
You left out the part about how gamey lamb is. I had a relative that baked a lamb shank for xmas. Tasted like shit. Had chops at a Greek wedding once that weren't bad, but they seasoned the hell out of them. Lamb? I'll pass thank you.

I'm not a fan of lamb either. My uncle made a leg of lamb with mint jelly for Christmas once and I almost puked.

My husband and kids like grilled lamb chops and that part of the lamb isn't as gamey, but I still can't even eat that. I do like Gyro's, however. That's lamb too, but something about the way it's cooked and seasoned makes it taste good.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 08-14-2014

You're fucking lambs must be retarded or something. Ours are goddamned delicious. They are no where near as gamey as venison that y'all like to eat or kangaroo and plenty of that gets exported to the US.

'Roo? People eat 'roo? Ohmaigods. Y'all are fuckin' savages.

Not me. I don't eat those wormy fuckers. Let the yuppies pay $20 a kilo for it. Give me a rib eye or some baby back ribs any day..

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 05:36 PM)crash Wrote: You're fucking lambs must be retarded or something. Ours are goddamned delicious. They are no where near as gamey as venison that y'all like to eat or kangaroo and plenty of that gets exported to the US.
Yeah Jack In The Box got caught back in the 80's serving it up as ground beef. I still call it Jack In The Pouch. hah

Last year in the states I decided to try and eat at all the fast food joints we don't have here, fuck knows why, just so I could say I had more than anything, but I digress.. The best were jimmy johns and chick fil a, one of the worst was a jack in the box at a truck stop somewhere north of LA. I was hungry and didn't even finish eating it. Drove through the drive through of an in and out burger about five miles up the road..

There was a sub shop somewhere in Georgia that was pretty awesome too, but I don't think it was a chain restaurant, just a one off. Gorilla Subs or something..

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-14-2014

I don't think the Australian lamb we get over here is the same as what you actually get in Australia. I don't know what they do to it, but it tastes like the poor thing was eating out of the sewer. And forget about American lamb, you may as well eat rat meat.

If you ever come to Australia, Sal, I'd be happy to host you and your Newfoundland for a roast lamb dinner with all the trimmings that I'm sure you'll love.

RE: what's for dinner? - FAHQTOO - 08-14-2014

Don't read any farther Duchess...

I had some 'Tree Rat' for dinner last night...yup...I ate a fucking squirrel!!!

I promised the b/f I would at least try it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was full of bones and that's the part I couldn't handle.

Aussie was right...I'm officially a fucking redneck/hillbilly!! 21

I've eaten plenty of deer meat and once I had rabbit, but the bones in the squirrel has me traumatized.

I need to go smoke a fatty and calm my nerves. Weed-2

(08-14-2014, 07:40 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Don't read any farther Duchess...

Once I read that ^^^^^ I couldn't read your post fast enough.

Poor boney squirrel :(

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 08-14-2014

Squirrel soup is where its at. No bones.

RE: what's for dinner? - FAHQTOO - 08-14-2014

(08-14-2014, 08:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-14-2014, 07:40 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Don't read any farther Duchess...

Once I read that ^^^^^ I couldn't read your post fast enough.

Poor boney squirrel :(

I've got a good buzz going on now, so I'm alright with it at the moment. I'll probably have a nightmare about squirrels tonight and wake up screaming and drenched with sweat.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 08-20-2014

So I picked up my first share from the vegetable co-op yesterday. Came home with 5 grocery bags full of fruits and vegis (for 20 bucks). I think I'm going to enjoy this because they work with large and small farms. They have the usual seasonal stuff like potatos, cucumbers, corn, watermelon etc... As well as produce from smaller specialty farms. I got a Sun Jewel melon which is a Korean melon known for its unique flavor that I've never even heard of, Shashito peppers (which are a mild Japaneese pepper) which I've never heard of, Cubanelle peppers which are bassically a Cuban green chile that I've never tried and fresh okra which I adore. It should be challenging creating dishes with new and exciting flavor profiles.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-20-2014

A man who cooks. Just what the hell do I have to do to get a man to cook for me? I'm open to suggestions.

(08-20-2014, 02:56 PM)Duchess Wrote:

A man who cooks. Just what the hell do I have to do to get a man to cook for me? I'm open to suggestions.
I enjoy cooking, so... very little in my case.

(08-20-2014, 03:44 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I enjoy cooking

I sometimes wish I did but most of the time I'd rather dig a ditch.

(08-20-2014, 03:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-20-2014, 03:44 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I enjoy cooking

I sometimes wish I did but most of the time I'd rather dig a ditch.
It does require constant attention in most cases. The biggest exception being a crock pot meal. Those are my bread and butter for crazy work weeks. Just dump it all in the pot, set the heat and eat it 8-10 hours later.

I have one & I use it frequently. I made stuffed peppers in it the other day. I like not having to think about it or spend time preparing. I'd rather just have to make a salad or warm some crusty bread to go along with it. Ta da.