Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 09-24-2014

Celery is required for beef stew or soup, not fucking pot roast. If you leave the roast whole, no celery. If you cut it into chunks, celery.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 09-24-2014

I'm hungry, so hungry. I bet y'all have someone cooking for you or you're enjoying doing it for yourself. 86

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 09-24-2014

(09-24-2014, 06:10 PM)sally Wrote: Celery is required for beef stew or soup, not fucking pot roast. If you leave the roast whole, no celery. If you cut it into chunks, celery.

Celery can be put in almost everything. I use it when I make roast chicken and tuna fish sandwiches.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 09-24-2014

(09-24-2014, 07:01 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I'm hungry, so hungry. I bet y'all have someone cooking for you or you're enjoying doing it for yourself. 86
enjoy might be a bit strong, but I am proud of myself when I do make my own meals.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 09-25-2014

You don't need celery in a sardine sandwich Clangy its already "crunchy".

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 09-25-2014

(09-24-2014, 06:10 PM)sally Wrote: Celery is required for beef stew or soup, not fucking pot roast. If you leave the roast whole, no celery. If you cut it into chunks, celery.
Generally, a slow cooked roast (at least my roasts out of the crock pot) falls apart so cutting is not required. Hence celery required.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 09-25-2014

(09-25-2014, 10:12 AM)Maggot Wrote: You don't need celery in a sardine sandwich Clangy its already "crunchy".
so is peanut butter but I still add celery to it.

(09-25-2014, 12:54 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 10:12 AM)Maggot Wrote: You don't need celery in a sardine sandwich Clangy its already "crunchy".
so is peanut butter but I still add celery to it.
Good call clang.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 09-25-2014

Back in the day, when I cooked, I put potatoes, carrots, and onions in a pot roast. I never used celery, but you can use Beau Monde (just a dash). It contains celery seed and onion. I also used a dash of Maggi to add more pizazz to flavor. I used celery in turkey/chicken dressing, soups, some casseroles, salads, etc. and always use a celery stalk in your Bloody Mary. In an earlier post, I left out Worcestershire (couple of dashes) sauce as an ingredient for Bloody Mary. Base was Mrs. T's or Clamato , or spicy V-8, with dash hot sauce, squeezes of lemon/lime, (lemon pepper), worc...sauce, salt, stalk of celery and can add stuffed olives.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 09-25-2014

(09-25-2014, 05:22 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I also used a dash of Maggi to add more pizazz to flavor.

My boss loves that stuff and considers it a kitchen staple. I've never used it and I don't think I've ever even seen it at the market. Is it in the condiment aisle?

Yes, it is normally in the spice aisle.....should be able to find it easily...I use a lot of spices and sometimes I just add several to a dish not really paying attention to what goes with what...I use oregano a lot, e.g., on grilled cheese sandwich, on tomato topped with cheese. Slice tomato ., and arrange on cookie sheet, sprinkle mozzarella, salt, oregano and bake or broil a few minutes until cheese melts. So easy and healthy little snack. Try to use tomatoes from someone's garden. haha

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 09-25-2014

Spices, of course. Jeez Louise. I probably should have known that. 50

(09-25-2014, 05:22 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: Back in the day, when I cooked, I put potatoes, carrots, and onions in a pot roast. I never used celery, but you can use Beau Monde (just a dash). It contains celery seed and onion. I also used a dash of Maggi to add more pizazz to flavor. I used celery in turkey/chicken dressing, soups, some casseroles, salads, etc. and always use a celery stalk in your Bloody Mary. In an earlier post, I left out Worcestershire (couple of dashes) sauce as an ingredient for Bloody Mary. Base was Mrs. T's or Clamato , or spicy V-8, with dash hot sauce, squeezes of lemon/lime, (lemon pepper), worc...sauce, salt, stalk of celery and can add stuffed olives.
My pot roasts generally come out more like a really beefy soup because I add everything previously mentioned with more water celery, roasted tomatoes, bay leaf and barley. When it's ready I shred the beef up with a fork and serve it in a bowl. So, it's a pot roast cut of beef, but not really a pot roast. Machacca is much the same only with fresh bell and poblano peppers, onions and tomato and of course different spices, but it's the same cut of beef.

Maggi is liquid and comes in dark bottle with yellow top and red/yellow on bottle. Size I have is 6.7 oz so look in bottled seasonings in spice department. Life is so complicated....

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-17-2014

Sauerkraut soup. It sounds weird, but it's delicious. I get it from this little German restaurant near my house, it's kind of like a creamy potato soup with chunks of German sausage and just a hint of kraut. They serve it with rye bread and some kind of butter and cheese spread. I could eat it everyday.

RE: what's for dinner? - ramseycat - 10-17-2014

Barf. I hate kraut.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-17-2014

I hate you. Picky eaters piss me off. It's cabbage for fucks sake, not cow brains.

RE: what's for dinner? - ramseycat - 10-17-2014

I'm not eating it.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 10-18-2014

I had a bowl of Lucky Charms because the cook went to play the slots.

RE: what's for dinner? - FAHQTOO - 10-18-2014

(10-17-2014, 09:29 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Barf. I hate kraut.

Me too...I think. I've never got past the smell to taste it.