Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-16-2015

Delicious may have been too strong of a word, It's not like sitting down with a bag of Ruffles and cheese dip. But they're still good and easy to make when you have a craving for chips and don't want to be a fat ass.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 01-16-2015

(01-16-2015, 06:34 PM)sally Wrote: Delicious may have been too strong of a word, It's not like sitting down with a bag of Ruffles and cheese dip. But they're still good and easy to make when you have a craving for chips and don't want to be a fat ass.

I'm SO making those. Thanks. We're at the Drs. office now (waiting). My son is almost 5'2" and he weighs 86 lbs.

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

He'll probably have a big growth spurt. My son did around the time he turned 16. He walked out of his room one morning and I was thinking what the hell happened to you over night.

RE: what's for dinner? - ramseycat - 01-16-2015

How old is he User? Z just turned 15 and he's 5'11 180. He works out a lot. Is your husband short? Z was a little dude and he grew like 6 inches in a few mo tbs when he turned 13. And he keeps growing.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 01-16-2015

Woe is me. I'm so hungry. I'm glad I don't have anything fast & easy on hand because I know damn well it would be crappy for me.

RE: what's for dinner? - ramseycat - 01-16-2015

(01-16-2015, 07:51 PM)ramseycat Wrote: How old is he User? Z just turned 15 and he's 5'11 180. He works out a lot. Is your husband short? Z was a little dude and he grew like 6 inches in a few mo tbs when he turned 13. And he keeps growing.

Never mind. I missed your post above where you said he was 16.

Girls stop growing shortly after they start their periods, but I think boys continue to grow up until about 18-20.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 01-17-2015

(01-16-2015, 07:46 PM)sally Wrote: He'll probably have a big growth spurt. My son did around the time he turned 16. He walked out of his room one morning and I was thinking what the hell happened to you over night.

My husband was a late bloomer--he expects Ryan to sprout by this summer. Still, the Dr. wasn't shy about saying he's completely underweight. He's in the less than 1 percentile for BMI/weight etc. The doctor wants him drinking whole milk, eating butter and drinking those Carnation Instant Breakfast packets.

He also has to go see an endocronologist now to make sure his hormones aren't screwed up somehow. That's the person I'm going to ask for the growth shots if the little bastard doesn't start eating more. Smiley_emoticons_fies

Back to the topic...what's for dinner? I honestly don't know. Maybe Chicken Alfredo. I can slip quite a bit of fat in to that one. We're all going to blow up like puffer fish.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-17-2015

My oldest daughter took HGH for a year and now she's 21 and the exact same height and weight as your son. She was always the smallest kid in school, but the doctors never thought anything about it because she was proportionate. Then when she was 12 her doctor referred her to an endocrinologist just to make sure nothing was wrong with her hormones. They checked her pituitary gland which was fine and then they measured how much growth hormone she produced by giving her a blood pressure medication that makes you fall asleep. I guess when your sleeping that's when your body produces it. Hers turned out to be low.

She didn't have any side effects from it and once she hit 5'2 she stopped taking it. For girls once you get your period your bones began to fuse and you're not going to getting any taller. For boys it's after they've fully gone through puberty, the later puberty begins the taller they will be. So when he goes to the endocrinologist that might be the test they do on him. If it turns out he's producing adequate amounts of growth hormone and he's just naturally short I'm not sure the doctor would still give him HGH. But I have heard of them prescribing it anyway if they think a boy isn't going to make it to an acceptable height. I know some short guys and they seem to be fine with it, but I imagine it kind of sucks to be a man and only 5'4.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 02:19 PM)sally Wrote: I imagine it kind of sucks to be a man and only 5'4.

The short guys I know are all cocky little bastards bordering on (and sometimes passing) obnoxious. I only know a few and they are all jockeys. They think they are 10 ft. tall and bullet proof.

(01-17-2015, 02:19 PM)sally Wrote: My oldest daughter took HGH for a year and now she's 21 and the exact same height and weight as your son. She was always the smallest kid in school, but the doctors never thought anything about it because she was proportionate. Then when she was 12 her doctor referred her to an endocrinologist just to make sure nothing was wrong with her hormones. They checked her pituitary gland which was fine and then they measured how much growth hormone she produced by giving her a blood pressure medication that makes you fall asleep. I guess when your sleeping that's when your body produces it. Hers turned out to be low.

She didn't have any side effects from it and once she hit 5'2 she stopped taking it. For girls once you get your period your bones began to fuse and you're not going to getting any taller. For boys it's after they've fully gone through puberty, the later puberty begins the taller they will be. So when he goes to the endocrinologist that might be the test they do on him. If it turns out he's producing adequate amounts of growth hormone and he's just naturally short I'm not sure the doctor would still give him HGH. But I have heard of them prescribing it anyway if they think a boy isn't going to make it to an acceptable height. I know some short guys and they seem to be fine with it, but I imagine it kind of sucks to be a man and only 5'4.

Huh. Yeah, I wouldn't mind being a short young woman (5'2" is okay)...I bloomed REALLY early so I was taller than most everyone I knew (it seemed) for several years. It sucked. I wanted to be short and petite.

Apparently he's 34 of the way through puberty (according to the doctor--my son was NOT happy having his dick checked). His puberty IS late so maybe there's hope for him. I just hope he reaches his dad's height. I'm going to get him to that stupid endocrinologist asap.

I've been playing with some of the "ideal weight calculators" out there and some of them say his weight should be around 115 (some say more, some say a little less). 86lbs. Jesus H. Christ.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-17-2015

(01-17-2015, 06:26 PM)username Wrote: (according to the doctor--my son was NOT happy having his dick checked).

I had to take my son for a sports physical before school started and that's the only thing he was worried about. I said for fucks sake they're not going to poke around your penis for just a sports physical, but at some point you may have to get it checked, everyone does. Good thing he's not a women, I've had more doctors looking up there than you can shake a stick at.

(01-17-2015, 06:52 PM)sally Wrote: Good thing he's not a women, I've had more doctors looking up there than you can shake a stick at.

No kidding!!! It's not like they're attacked by the jaws of life regularly.

I told my son this wasn't a physical so his nuts were probably safe before we went in. Oops. Who knew they'd check out his puberty status by having him flash his parts?

He bitched about it but I said "did the doctor say damn---lucky bastard"?!?! I got a smirk for that remark. Based on how he was built as a baby/toddler, I'm guessing that's the only part of him that is probably in the 90th+ percentile. He'll make some lady or guy happy one day. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-18-2015

Once my daughter got to 5'2 her bones were not fused yet and the doctor said she could continue taking it. They tell by doing something called a bone age which is done by taking an x-ray of the hand. But she was fine with her height so we just stopped it. Now that I think about it I should have continued it and taken the shots myself instead, that stuff is supposed to be like the fountain of youth. I'd probably end up in jail, but I'd be looking like I was 18 right now.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 01-18-2015

(01-18-2015, 12:49 AM)sally Wrote: Now that I think about it I should have continued it and taken the shots myself instead, that stuff is supposed to be like the fountain of youth. I'd probably end up in jail, but I'd be looking like I was 18 right now.

I am so signing him (me) up.

Wasnme

ETA: At this point, I imagine my bones are not only fused but shrinking at an alarming rate. I'd still shoot myself up with that shit probably. I'm not getting butt implants or duck lips but I'll take some adolescent hormones. WTH? Worst case, I end up with acne or something, right?

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 01-19-2015

(01-17-2015, 06:26 PM)username Wrote:
(01-17-2015, 02:19 PM)sally Wrote: My oldest daughter took HGH for a year and now she's 21 and the exact same height and weight as your son. She was always the smallest kid in school, but the doctors never thought anything about it because she was proportionate. Then when she was 12 her doctor referred her to an endocrinologist just to make sure nothing was wrong with her hormones. They checked her pituitary gland which was fine and then they measured how much growth hormone she produced by giving her a blood pressure medication that makes you fall asleep. I guess when your sleeping that's when your body produces it. Hers turned out to be low.

Huh. Yeah, I wouldn't mind being a short young woman (5'2" is okay)...I bloomed REALLY early so I was taller than most everyone I knew (it seemed) for several years. It sucked. I wanted to be short and petite.

Apparently he's 34 of the way through puberty (according to the doctor--my son was NOT happy having his dick checked). His puberty IS late so maybe there's hope for him. I just hope he reaches his dad's height. I'm going to get him to that stupid endocrinologist asap.

I've been playing with some of the "ideal weight calculators" out there and some of them say his weight should be around 115 (some say more, some say a little less). 86lbs. Jesus H. Christ.
I went to HS with a kid that didn't get his growth spurt until he was 18. "Little Dean" was barely 5 feet tall through most of HS, but he is now taller than I am, but we still call him "little Dean."hah

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 01-19-2015

(01-19-2015, 01:16 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I went to HS with a kid that didn't get his growth spurt until he was 18. "Little Dean" was barely 5 feet tall through most of HS, but he is now taller than I am, but we still call him "little Dean."hah

Thank God. I'm going to quit worrying so much. I'm still taking him to the endocrinologist as soon as possible but maybe he won't be nicknamed after one of the seven dwarfs after all. Then again...

Dopey (vocal effects provided by Eddie Collins in the film, Dee Bradley Baker in The 7D) - Dopey is the only dwarf who does not have a beard.

I love my little Dopey. Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 01-19-2015

(01-19-2015, 02:56 PM)username Wrote:
(01-19-2015, 01:16 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I went to HS with a kid that didn't get his growth spurt until he was 18. "Little Dean" was barely 5 feet tall through most of HS, but he is now taller than I am, but we still call him "little Dean."hah

Thank God. I'm going to quit worrying so much. I'm still taking him to the endocrinologist as soon as possible but maybe he won't be nicknamed after one of the seven dwarfs after all. Then again...

Dopey (vocal effects provided by Eddie Collins in the film, Dee Bradley Baker in The 7D) - Dopey is the only dwarf who does not have a beard.

If I recall Dopey was the ladies man out of all the dwarfs too.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 01-19-2015

[Image: IMG_41291-300x200.jpg]

This is what I'm having for dinner. I've made it a few times now. Love it.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 01-19-2015

(01-19-2015, 04:25 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(01-19-2015, 02:56 PM)username Wrote:

If I recall Dopey was the ladies man out of all the dwarfs too.

I read that in one adaptation Dopey didn't talk; that could be why. hah