Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 02-08-2015

French toast is my favorite, for me it's one of those things that is so good I reserve it for special occasions like Christmas morning. Fat is delicious :(

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 02-08-2015

I make my daughter a healthy French toast with whole wheat bread, a little maple syrup, cinnamon and fresh berries.

If I make her the real French toast that's made with the thick white bread, cooked in lots of butter, drowned in syrup and dusted with powdered sugar she'll never want the healthy version again.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 02-08-2015

If you want it really lavish, but super no fucking good for you, make it with old fashioned French Brioche.

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 02-08-2015

(02-08-2015, 07:53 AM)crash Wrote: So there's this new shop not far from where I live that has started carrying a lot of American groceries and condiments. I was browsing through there last week and I noticed a bottle of Stubbs injectable marinade, this one to be exact;

So what? you say. Well this kind of thing is not really a thing down here. Sure people have brining needles to make pumped beef and yada yada, but only the hardcore bbq freaks have searched out injectable marinades and marinating needles.

Anyway, so I bought this stuff, injected a corn fed chicken and let it marinade over night. Smoked it in my smoker this afternoon along with some corn. Served it with all the fixings.

FOMG!

I guess I've heard of injecting a marinade but I've never attempted it myself but that package...I could do that!!! I'm going to find it and some piece of meat to shoot up today. Probably chicken--I have a better chance of my son eating that as opposed to pork or beef. That said, I imagine you could shoot up a pork loin with that stuff too. Yum.

I'm going to be pissed if you found that there and I can't find it in my local grocery stores. Smiley_emoticons_fies I've never noticed it before but hopefully it's only because I wasn't looking for it.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 02-08-2015

(02-08-2015, 04:35 PM)username Wrote: Probably chicken--I have a better chance of my son eating that as opposed to pork or beef.

Tell him that pork is the other white meat. Tis true.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 02-09-2015

Fresh off the boat fried Trigger fish sandwiches and homemade potato salad.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 02-09-2015

Hot dogs and and a can of soup or ramen noodles. Between the snow shoveling and restarting the furnace, I'm in no mood to cook today.

RE: what's for dinner? - Midwest Spy - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 08:34 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Hot dogs and and a can of soup or ramen noodles. Between the snow shoveling and restarting the furnace, I'm in no mood to cook today.

Shoveling heavy, wet snow is a helluva workout Clang.

Keep at it.

I'd have to be a snow bird, getting up and shoveling my car out of snow in the morning would suck. I'd just stay in bed and be a loser for the rest of my life if I had to do that.

I have my AC running right now.

I just figured out what your problem is, Clang. Move south.

RE: what's for dinner? - Midwest Spy - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 09:13 PM)sally Wrote: I'd have to be a snow bird, getting up and shoveling my car out of snow in the morning would suck.

I lived in Panama for 2+ years and spent a couple of years in Ft Worth too. The endless summer actually got a little boring.

There is something to be said for having the four seasons. Yes, winter can get long, but at this point in life (with kids who love being in snow), I wouldn't trade it.

When I'm 60ish ask me again.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 02-09-2015

(02-09-2015, 08:34 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Hot dogs and and a can of soup or ramen noodles. Between the snow shoveling and restarting the furnace, I'm in no mood to cook today.

What's your furnace doing? Tell me what brand it is and maybe I can figure out what's wrong with it rumpledforeskin.

(02-09-2015, 09:59 PM)Maggot Wrote:

What's your furnace doing? Tell me what brand it is and maybe I can figure out what's wrong with it rumpledforeskin.

I know what's wrong with it. My lazy brother and I didn't fill the coal hopper and change the ash barrel for a few days so it burned out and just needs to be restarted. Heat is coming up as I type this post.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 02-09-2015

I think your vent is blocked and the Carbon Monoxide is permanently infused into your bones. You are probably immune to it by now and can be classified as a new human sub-species. A good name might be Cro-Clang Magnus.

(02-09-2015, 10:20 PM)Maggot Wrote: I think your vent is blocked and the Carbon Monoxide is permanently infused into your bones. You are probably immune to it by now and can be classified as a new human sub-species. A good name might be Cro-Clang Magnus.
I'm immune to the build up of dirt/dust. House hasn't been dusted in 4-5 years. Our local priest won't even step inside it to give Dad communion.

A coal hopper and an ash barrel? I don't even know what that is, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to dick around with it.

The summer here is pretty miserable, but at least I don't have to do anything to avoid it other than flicking on the AC switch.

Also living less than a block away from the ocean is nice. Even in the middle of August at night I can open up my back door and get a beautiful breeze. Not so much during the day, my back yard feels like you died and went to hell.

(02-09-2015, 10:48 PM)sally Wrote: flicking on the AC switch.

I miss that. Which is why I'm working as fast as I can to clean up this big drafty house so we can move out and into an apartment with central heat/air.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 02-10-2015

Florida sucks ass in the Summer. My makeup melts off my face, my hair explodes to the point of sticking out about a foot on both sides of my head, there is no air to breathe. Whatever you do, don't stop on the highway to run across a field to take a picture of a kickass big, moss covered tree by a pond. Alligators!

RE: what's for dinner? - Carsman - 02-10-2015

(02-10-2015, 07:14 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Florida sucks ass in the Summer. My makeup melts off my face, my hair explodes to the point of sticking out about a foot on both sides of my head, there is no air to breathe. Whatever you do, don't stop on the highway to run across a field to take a picture of a kickass big, moss covered tree by a pond. Alligators!

What have you got against alligators? They like their picture taken too. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin