Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 02-11-2015

(02-06-2015, 09:12 PM)sally Wrote: I made homemade chicken pot pie.

Did you make the crust? What's the prep like? Do you use fresh vegetables? I've bought the Marie Callendar pot pies before.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 02-11-2015

Hell no I didn't make the crust, I'm a good cook but I don't do pastry.

If you're ever feeling crazy and want to make your own this one is similar to what I do. But she makes her own crust and I just use a store bought one.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-pot-pie-recipe.html

(02-11-2015, 07:39 PM)sally Wrote: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-pot-pie-recipe.html

I printed it out. I can handle that but I'll be making a couple adjustments. I have ramekins too. Yay! I've never used them.

Muchas Gracias!

RE: what's for dinner? - ramseycat - 02-11-2015

I love the MC turkey pot pies.

I made burritos tonight. Not a big desk but I used ground turkey this time. It was really good surprisingly.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 08:12 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Not a big desk but I used ground turkey this time.

Sally?

I got nuthin'..

The only thing I don't recommend is to boil the chicken like some recipes tell you to do. DO NOT BOIL CHICKEN! That is so gross and the smell that comes from it is puke inducing. It has to be roasted first and if you don't feel like doing that then pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.

(02-11-2015, 08:17 PM)crash Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 08:12 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Not a big desk but I used ground turkey this time.

Sally?

I got nuthin'..

hah Even if she changed desk to task it still doesn't make any fucking sense.

(02-11-2015, 08:17 PM)sally Wrote: The only thing I don't recommend is to boil the chicken like some recipes tell you to do. DO NOT BOIL CHICKEN! That is so gross and the smell that comes from it is puke inducing. It has to be roasted first and if you don't feel like doing that then pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.

I intend to roast it first. I'm going to follow the recipe, I'm just going to try to limit all that butter, heavy cream and salt. There must be a way around all that, right? I'm going to add corn too. I really like that it's for individual servings, I'd eat that without the chicken.

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 08:22 PM)sally Wrote:

Sally?

I got nuthin'..

I had to look at the keyboard on my phone for a minute.

Not a big deal, dopey was trying to type not a big deal. I bet she was typing on her phone again. You need to get your ass off the couch and stop eating oreos and cookie dough butter, Lori, even your fingers are getting too fat for the keys on your phone.

Ha! I don't have my glasses on but very good Crash. I'm not giving up my Oreos. I'll cut you if you try to take them.

Definitely limit the salt, I've noticed some of her recipes are heavy with it. Just add a little bit of this and that and taste as you go. That's what I do.

(02-11-2015, 08:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 08:17 PM)sally Wrote: The only thing I don't recommend is to boil the chicken like some recipes tell you to do. DO NOT BOIL CHICKEN! That is so gross and the smell that comes from it is puke inducing. It has to be roasted first and if you don't feel like doing that then pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.

I intend to roast it first. I'm going to follow the recipe, I'm just going to try to limit all that butter, heavy cream and salt. There must be a way around all that, right? I'm going to add corn too. I really like that it's for individual servings, I'd eat that without the chicken.

My sister makes the individual pies in a muffin tin using Grands biscuits for the crust. I think she uses cream of chicken soup and milk for the gravy. Roasted chicken. I think the recipe is on the Pillsbury website. It's easy and her family loves them.

(02-11-2015, 08:33 PM)crash Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 08:22 PM)sally Wrote:

Sally?

I got nuthin'..

I had to look at the keyboard on my phone for a minute.

Not a big deal, dopey was trying to type not a big deal. I bet she was typing on her phone again. You need to get your ass off the couch and stop eating oreos and cookie dough butter, Lori, even your fingers are getting to fat for the keys on your phone.

"Not a big deal, but I used ground turkey this time".

It's still a retarded sentence. Ground turkey, ground beef, what's the difference? One is a bird and one is a mammal, but they're both ground and cook up the same way in the pan. Why even say "not a big deal"? Of course it's not a fucking big deal.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 02-11-2015

Sally?

I got nuthin'..

I think she meant "deal."

(02-11-2015, 08:38 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 08:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:

My sister makes the individual pies in a muffin tin using Grands biscuits for the crust. I think she uses cream of chicken soup and milk for the gravy. Roasted chicken. I think the recipe is on the Pillsbury website. It's easy and her family loves them.

I fix chicken for my dog and sometimes I boil it and sometimes I roast it. When I boil it, I don't actually boil it for long..You let water/chicken come to rolling boil for approx 20 minutes, then add lid and let sit for 1 hour. This method results in a moister chicken for use in tacos, pot pies, where chicken is added to something else...I used to buy MC pot pies, but i think it was her brand that had undercooked beans or something I didn't like..
Shepherd pie is much easier. Roast favorite vegs with olive oil and fav seasonings, oregano, basil, etc. place in casserole dish and add mashed potatoes. Brown (mashed potatoes) in oven. Or just look up Shepherd Pie on internet....

(02-11-2015, 08:12 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I love the MC turkey pot pies.

I made burritos tonight. Not a big desk but I used ground turkey this time. It was really good surprisingly.

a few years ago, i made tacos for the grand kids as the only healthy thing they ever ate was the lettuce on their hamburger from McDonalds. I didn't dare tell them it was turkey, but by the time i put taco seasoning in it, you couldn't tell it wasn't hamburger....and they ate it....I will try the big desk next time i use ground turkey....

RE: what's for dinner? - username - 02-12-2015

Marinated chicken (and Crash, you asshole, I have yet to find the marinade injection package around here yet), a salad with every possible fat additive in it (for my son)...croutons, avocados, almonds, dried cranberries a tiny bit of lettuce, cabbage and carrots) with ranch dressing on it and biscuits on the side.

If we're lucky, we'll feed my son back to health before my husband or I die from a freaking heart attack. I already feel like a damn short order cook these days...fuck if I'm cooking separate meals for my husband and me (besides, my son's illness would immediately kick in..."I want the lower fat food too!). PITA. He's still out of school and I'm having to cook him 3 BIG meals a day and provide 3 snacks. He's not allowed to be involved in his food prep at all.

And I have to watch to make sure he eats it all.

FML.

Russian

Other than that...I'm really craving a home made spaghetti with meat sauce tomorrow night with some garlic bread and some greens. That's my plan for now.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 04:12 AM)username Wrote: Marinated chicken (and Crash, you asshole, I have yet to find the marinade injection package around here yet), a salad with every possible fat additive in it (for my son)...croutons, avocados, almonds, dried cranberries a tiny bit of lettuce, cabbage and carrots) with ranch dressing on it and biscuits on the side.

You can order the marinade package on Amazon; it comes in packs of 4 (12 oz.. each) ....around $23.00....

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 04:12 AM)username Wrote: and Crash, you asshole

Ahhhh..

Let me count the ways.

This reconciliation thing is going good, no? 1010 would recommend

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 02-12-2015

(02-11-2015, 11:04 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:

Sally?

I got nuthin'..

I think she meant "deal."

Is it a done deal? If not, I'll cast a vote for "not a big dif".