Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 05:27 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't really eat bunny.
I don't think I've ever eaten an animal that tastes more like chicken than rabbit. Even the texture is the same as chicken.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-04-2015

I've never had it, I haven't had too many meats at all.

RE: what's for dinner? - FAHQTOO - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 04:34 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I was sorta fearful of posting something about eating rabbit.....
Again, going back to the dark ages, specifically, 60's, I could walk in the local grocery and buy fresh rabbit, fresh frog legs. This is what I was feeding my kid, along with the token roast beef on Sunday....I fixed a lot of Chinese (not PF Chang shit) and Japanese food, too. Today, you just can't find these products in your neighborhood grocery store. I couldn't be normal even in those days...Someone gave me a recipe for fried rabbit, using graham crackers as the crust. It was very good. I know I have posted this before...but I ate pheasant, chucker quail, etc. Now, today, and I see the mother quail marching around with her babies in tow, and I think, "How could I have done that?" I also could find fresh calf liver.....I used to fry it in bacon grease and then serve it with bacon on top....I still like veal and I do apologize for that....I have to be careful when dining (?) with friends as some get really upset with me so I have to be very covert and whisper my order to wait staff.....

Do your friends apologize to you and whisper their order to the waitress when ordering non-meat items? Don't they worry about offending you?

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-04-2015

BH, don't let anyone food shame you.

I say some shit in here about the meat people eat but I would never do that in real life. You're entitled to your food choices whatever they may be.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 06:03 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 04:34 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: I was sorta fearful of posting something about eating rabbit.....
Again, going back to the dark ages, specifically, 60's, I could walk in the local grocery and buy fresh rabbit, fresh frog legs. This is what I was feeding my kid, along with the token roast beef on Sunday....I fixed a lot of Chinese (not PF Chang shit) and Japanese food, too. Today, you just can't find these products in your neighborhood grocery store. I couldn't be normal even in those days...Someone gave me a recipe for fried rabbit, using graham crackers as the crust. It was very good. I know I have posted this before...but I ate pheasant, chucker quail, etc. Now, today, and I see the mother quail marching around with her babies in tow, and I think, "How could I have done that?" I also could find fresh calf liver.....I used to fry it in bacon grease and then serve it with bacon on top....I still like veal and I do apologize for that....I have to be careful when dining (?) with friends as some get really upset with me so I have to be very covert and whisper my order to wait staff.....

Do your friends apologize to you and whisper their order to the waitress when ordering non-meat items? Don't they worry about offending you?

No, sadly, I am always the giver, and sacrifice constantly so that my "friends" will be happy. You have heard of give and take, well, I am always the one who has to pacify, give in, sacrifice, etc. so that everyone else can be happy......I am such a martyr, it makes me sick.....I am going to quit being a doormat, so there World.....I am going to start speaking up for myself....I'm sick of my friend (and u know who u are) taking advantage of my giving, gentle, caring, compassionate, loving self.....I am sick of apologizing and cowering over every little thing. Thanks for the pep talk...Duchess and FQ2.....

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 05-04-2015

P.S. Thanks Mock for helping me to learn to speak up for myself....reminds me of that ad back in 1950's of this tiny, little guy sitting on the beach and this big, burly guy comes along and kicks sand in his face...until the little guy signs up for something (can't remember what they were selling back then), maybe Wheaties, and then he beats the shit out of the big guy the next time he kicks sand in his face. And FQ thanks for reminding me that I have even a shorter time to enjoy life....That made me realize that i need to make haste while the sun shines.....

RE: what's for dinner? - FAHQTOO - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 07:43 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: P.S. Thanks Mock for helping me to learn to speak up for myself....reminds me of that ad back in 1950's of this tiny, little guy sitting on the beach and this big, burly guy comes along and kicks sand in his face...until the little guy signs up for something (can't remember what they were selling back then), maybe Wheaties, and then he beats the shit out of the big guy the next time he kicks sand in his face. And FQ thanks for reminding me that I have even a shorter time to enjoy life....That made me realize that i need to make haste while the sun shines.....

It's true. I wasn't mocking when I said that. Everyone needs to chill out...the whole country is pissed off about something, including me. Anyone of us could be gone tomorrow.

RE: what's for dinner? - Love Child - 05-04-2015

(05-04-2015, 01:35 AM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(05-03-2015, 11:15 PM)Love Child Wrote: Is this still a dinner thread?
I made coconut curry for the first time tonight and it was fucking fantastic.

hahhahhah some of dinner thread getting off track was my fault. As Duchess noted, I have been corrupted by that mean girl, Sally.
I do miss all the good recipes....would u mind sharing curry recipe? i used to make one that was rather complicated and would like to see a more simple one.

You assume my recipe was not complicated?!?!!!!
Just kidding, it wasn't
Here it is:

http://minimalistbaker.com/30-minute-coconut-curry/

RE: what's for dinner? - Love Child - 05-05-2015

I don't think I've ever eaten an animal that tastes more like chicken than rabbit. Even the texture is the same as chicken.
[/quote]

Speaking of meat-
The other day I was at the health food store, where everything is organic and costs an arm and a leg-but I purchased some chicken for my curry dinner. It was the best chicken I have had ever! I don't think any of the chicken I have been eating is chicken.
Try it sometime, you will be amazed at the difference.

Have you ever heard about that soup story, where the guy thinks he is having bird soup-only to realize it wasn't? I had that kind of moment.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 05-05-2015

(04-30-2015, 03:40 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 03:17 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 01:12 PM)sally Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 12:51 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-30-2015, 12:19 PM)sally Wrote: Don't apologize to that old grumpy bitch, Clang.

Go eat a booger sammich, you fricken weirdo. You earned "weirdo" when I saw you talking about booger hors d'oeuvres and using toe nails as toothpicks.

I barf all over your flip flops. Dramaqueen

It was a fucking joke, big goddamn deal. I doubt Clang really eats his boogers and toe nails, however, I can't be 100% sure.

I'm 100% sure I do actually eat boogers and fingernails.
Dude... You're a mess.

True dat. :(

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 12:00 AM)Love Child Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 05:36 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Speaking of meat-
The other day I was at the health food store, where everything is organic and costs an arm and a leg-but I purchased some chicken for my curry dinner. It was the best chicken I have had ever! I don't think any of the chicken I have been eating is chicken.
Try it sometime, you will be amazed at the difference.

Have you ever heard about that soup story, where the guy thinks he is having bird soup-only to realize it wasn't? I had that kind of moment.
[/quote]

If I had a working arm and leg, I would gladly give it for a "real" chicken and yes, I know what u are talking about...As u probably know I am Mock's oldest member (even older than OTD) so I go back a bit. Back on my grandmother's farm in the 40's, I actually helped her dress chickens for Sunday dinner. She did the neck twirling and defeathered with boiling water, but I cut up, cleaned out entrails, even the gizzard, etc...and you would never know that today's chicken was related to those fryers of the past. Where did u find your prize. I have heard this before, but didn't know if it was truth. u don't have to list ingredients for your curry dish, but basically, what do you put in dish? As i said I have complicated recipe where u have to soak the coconut or some shit like that....I believe everyone should experience "real" Kobe beef and "real" chicken before they die.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 05-05-2015

Sorry Love Child (love the Supremes), just saw your recipe above.

Its okay blueberryhill! I grew up on a small hobby farm. I cannot remember the tastes of things-we had chickens, a cow, goats, pigs, geese, ducks, cats and dogs oh and rabbits. And our own garden with apple trees and raspberries.
The only thing I remember the taste of was goats milk and home made ice cream made from goats milk.
Unfortunately during that time even though we had all of this fresh food we covered everything in butter, gravy and cheese sauce!

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 05:32 PM)Love Child Wrote: I grew up on a small hobby farm.

Do you miss farm living? The peacefulness of the countryside? I don't know that you don't live on a farm right now, I'm just curious. I live on a farm and I love it. I don't have all the animals you had but I do have geese, swans and horses.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-05-2015

Yes, I've had the incredibly high priced "real chicken" and it was good. But not good enough to sleep at night if I had to pay that every time I serve chicken. The U of A has a poultry farm close to my home so I get my "real chicken" from there and pay about a 13 of the cost that Whole Foods charges. I usually pony up the cash for fish from Whole Foods though, or Trader Joe's (pssst... BB TJ's is cheaper).

(05-05-2015, 05:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 05:32 PM)Love Child Wrote: I grew up on a small hobby farm.

Do you miss farm living? The peacefulness of the countryside? I don't know that you don't live on a farm right now, I'm just curious. I live on a farm and I love it. I don't have all the animals you had but I do have geese, swans and horses.

I would love to live on a farm again. In fact, if I had kids, that is how I would raise them.

BBH I will get back to some of your questions!

Duchess do you have a garden?

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-05-2015

I've attempted veggie gardens in the past but the deer make it very difficult so I get my garden veggies from the Amish now. They massacre my fruit trees too, they all have an umbrella shape now.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-07-2015

I'd love an antipasto, no meat, lots of cheese and Italian dressing.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 05-07-2015

(05-05-2015, 07:49 PM)Duchess Wrote: I've attempted veggie gardens in the past but the deer make it very difficult so I get my garden veggies from the Amish now. They massacre my fruit trees too, they all have an umbrella shape now.
If I ever come to visit you, I will bring my moster truck that has the gun rack in the back window and run over all them baby deers for ya. We'll toss em in the bed of the truck and road trip up to Maggs so that he can pick the back straps out of the grill and cook em up propper for us! hah

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 05-07-2015

(05-07-2015, 06:26 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I will bring my moster truck that has the gun rack in the back window and run over all them baby deers for ya. We'll toss em in the bed of the truck and road trip up to Maggs so that he can pick the back straps out of the grill and cook em up propper for us! hah

*gasp* Are you insane! Stay away from my babies, mister.

I feed my wildlife, they don't feed me.

[Image: IMG_1464_zpsf1f96303.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2149_zps1b05d0a5.jpg]