Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-14-2015

(10-14-2015, 01:47 AM)Love Child Wrote: Tuesday is steak night
however I went with the salmon option tonight
brussel sprouts
squash
breaded shrimp
oh my gosh I ate too much!

Is this served where you work or do you just cook all that stuff for yourself?

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 10-16-2015

I'm so hungry. So, so hungry. What's for dinner? Lasagna? Calzone? Garlic bread? *drools*

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-16-2015

My husband and kids don't care for lasagna. They'll eat it, but it's not a meal they're ever exactly thrilled about. They don't like tacos either. Weirdos.

RE: what's for dinner? - Blindgreed1 - 10-16-2015

(10-16-2015, 03:37 PM)sally Wrote: My husband and kids don't care for lasagna. They'll eat it, but it's not a meal they're ever exactly thrilled about. They don't like tacos either. Weirdos.
Get out. You're surrounded by life forms from another planet. Come to Arizona and make lasagna for me? I love me some lasagna.

And it's a simple dinner to make. I think anyway. Assemble it, put it in the oven and you're done. If I don't feel like cooking and making a big mess I'd rather do that than cook a bunch of separate things in different pots and pans or have to start the grill.

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 10-16-2015

(10-16-2015, 03:37 PM)sally Wrote: My husband and kids don't care for lasagna.

What the hell is wrong with those people!

I want it so bad I can smell it. Fucking hell. Do I really want to change my clothes again to run into town for some. *sigh* Not really. I guess fish it is.

They'd actually rather have fish and steamed vegetables instead of lasagna. I'm not complaining because I've never had a problem getting my kids to eat healthy, but it's weird for a kid to prefer salmon and broccoli over lasagna.

Other than sugar, the baby's favorite foods are crab legs, oysters, black beans and cubanelle peppers. She'll pass all that up for a chocolate donut though.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 10-16-2015

My kids will eat raw broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, tin cans but steam them and they won't eat it.

[Image: bzePcsm.jpg]

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 10-25-2015

If meat is bad, would you know it immediately upon opening it? I thought I put the pork roast in the freezer but I didn't, I put it in the fridge and it got shoved to the back and I didn't see it for days! Ugh! 10 days. I unwrapped it and it smells fine, as in no funky smell. Can I cook it?

Jesus Christ.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 10-28-2015

Sauerbraten and hot German potato salad, tonight!

Mum and her friends are coming over (to play Mexican Train) and she suggested the menu.

Roast has marinated for five days and I'm not skimping on the bacon.

BTW - For those of you in St. Paul, Mexican Train is not a prolonged sex act with an illegal. This one has a tarjeta verde.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 03:18 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Sauerbraten and hot German potato salad, tonight!

Mum and her friends are coming over (to play Mexican Train) and she suggested the menu.

Roast has marinated for five days and I'm not skimping on the bacon.

BTW - For those of you in St. Paul, Mexican Train is not a prolonged sex act with an illegal. This one has a tarjeta verde.

Oh, that sounds so good. A former neighbor was a military wife from Germany and she made the best hot German potato salad and taught me how to fix the steak roll ups (can't spell it, but starts with r), mustard, dill pickles, bacon bits, onions sauteed with au jus.....i add beef broth, red wine, etc. and serve with mashed potatoes.
I used to make sauerbraten often back in the 60's.....
I absolutely love German food. My ancestors came from Prussia...I only have eaten at one German restaurant in Phoenix area. It was in a shopping mall and was not good IMO.....think I have mentioned before, that the owner/hostess chastised us (it was my birthday and had just had my dog euthanized that day) for ordering our drinks before we ordered dinner. She told us we should wait until dinner. What a bitch! Do you know a good German restaurant in Phoenix area, Ms. Tiki?
I better hurry, though, before I move.

RE: what's for dinner? - blueberryhill - 10-28-2015

P.S. One of my neighbors here where i live now has mentioned Mexican train or something similar to that so I know it is not sexual in nature.
She invited all of us to partake, but none of us were too interested, I guess, because I never did find out how you play it.

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 07:23 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: . . . taught me how to fix the steak roll ups (can't spell it, but starts with r), mustard, dill pickles, bacon bits, onions sauteed with au jus.....i add beef broth, red wine, etc. and serve with mashed potatoes.

Do you know a good German restaurant in Phoenix area, Ms. Tiki?
I better hurry, though, before I move.

Roulades . . . yummy rolls of odd bedfellows!

No good German restaurant in Phoenix.

Hofbrauhaus in Vegas is my go-to choice when my stomach goosesteps.

I used to get all my German deli delights from the German Sausage Company on 49th Street and Indian School.

Haven't been there in years.

ETA: Mum arrived with Strudel and Paulaner Bier!

Have a Ravens Wood Old Vine Zin (2013) open and breathing for the ladies.

Mex Train is an easy domino game . . . for kids and seniors. hah

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 10-29-2015

I made a crab and chicken salad. It was ok, but needs more chillis next time

RE: what's for dinner? - crash - 10-29-2015

There's a German place about 45 min from where I live called Oma's Kitchen. They do the best pork knuckle, sauerkraut and pretzels I've had outside of Germany

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 10-30-2015

This is a little hole in the wall German restaurant right around the corner from me. Everything they make is delicious, but the sauerkraut soup with ham and potatoes is the best. I'm getting ready to pick up take out from there right now.

[Image: o1_zpsk5ztq3fq.jpg]

RE: what's for dinner? - BlueTiki - 10-30-2015

Are those your honeymoon portraits on the wall? hah

This has been a German week for me . . .

Mum and brother are coming over with authentic brats, kraut, breads and a bunch of other goodies, from my favorite deli!

I was talking about the German place, after posting a response to Hill.

Since the sauerbraten was such a success with her lady friends, she's reciprocating.

You and Crash have me thinking Reubens . . . or Monte Cristos, this weekend.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 10-30-2015

Steak-ums and real deep fried potato puffs. After eating rabbit food all week I crave some juicy fat,fat,fat. Small portions but still tasty! Blowing-kisses

(10-30-2015, 08:41 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Are those your honeymoon portraits on the wall? hah

You should see the other wall, I couldn't find a picture of it. It is an odd little place, but sometimes restaurants like that have the best food. I've been going there for 20 years now and the same old lady is still doing the cooking.

(10-30-2015, 08:56 PM)Maggot Wrote: Steak-ums and real deep fried potato puffs. After eating rabbit food all week I crave some juicy fat,fat,fat. Small portions but still tasty! Blowing-kisses

I haven't had Steak-ums in years. I've made steak and cheese subs out of real steak, but you can't duplicate the taste of those frozen sheets of Steak-um meat. Then when you top it with cheese and mayo and peppers, mushrooms and onions and the grease and mayonnaise is dripping all down your face.... it's awesome. Steak-ums are on my next grocery list.