Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 11-16-2016

I've never eaten an enchilada. I don't even know what the heck they are, we only have black bears around here and Mexicans leave in the winter.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 11-16-2016

I had an enchilada the other day, The Three Amigos platter. Enchilada, taco and chili rellenos with a side of grilled jalapenos and a Michelada. For those who never heard of it ( Maggot) a Michelada is like a bloody mary with a beer added to it. An enchilada is a corn tortilla usually filled with seasoned ground beef, topped with cheese and a red sauce and baked.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 11-16-2016

(11-16-2016, 08:45 PM)sally Wrote:
(11-16-2016, 07:09 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: They aren't beets

Probably too much work for your sorry ass, but have you tried fresh beets roasted with a little olive oil, salt and pepper? It's a whole different animal than the canned or jarred ones.

I've tried to eat the fresh beets. I couldn't get past the weird smell and look. Green beans are worse. They set off my gag reflex unless I mix them with lots of onion and garlic.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 11-17-2016

(11-16-2016, 08:56 PM)Maggot Wrote: I've never eaten an enchilada. I don't even know what the heck they are, we only have black bears around here and Mexicans leave in the winter.

Winter must be divine there.

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 01-22-2017

I'm making Cornish game hens, which I haven't done in several years, with cranberry spinach salad and steamed broccoli w/ light cheese sauce on the side.

I only get a quarter portion of each. Haven't had a drink in a few weeks due to calorie restrictions; tonight I'm trading food calories for two glasses of Cabernet. Fuck the protein and nutrients (just for tonight), I wanna get buzzed.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-22-2017

I like those little birds better than chicken. Their carcasses make good stock too, don't throw them out.

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 01-23-2017

(01-22-2017, 11:55 PM)sally Wrote: I like those little birds better than chicken. Their carcasses make good stock too, don't throw them out.

Thanks for the tip, sal. I'll use the carcass, leftover meat, and some left over vegetables to make soup for tomorrow.

I like the little hens better than chicken too; they're juicier even when I turn the temp up to 400 for the last 10 minutes to crisp the skin. I ate almost all of my bird and still had the Cabernet. Relaxing night.

Today I need to make up for some of the excess with an extra lite menu; a couple of boiled eggs, a cup of cooked spinach with garlic chili, and some chilled shrimp with lemon (plus an extra 30 minutes of exercise). I'm seriously focused on dropping some pounds and eating healthier as a matter of routine, so far it's been pretty easy and enjoyable.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-24-2017

(01-23-2017, 11:33 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: a cup of cooked spinach with garlic chili

I crave that sometimes. I cook the crushed chili pepper and garlic in a little olive oil and put the spinach in just until it wilts and add a pinch of sea salt. I think I'll do that tomorrow along with broiled scallops and a squeeze of lemon. I like eating healthy, although it's no Popeyes fried chicken meal with Cajun rice, mashed potatoes and gravy and a biscuit.

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 01-25-2017

Your garlic chili spinach sounds awesome.

I usually just cook the fresh spinach in a little extra virgin olive oil and toss in a teaspoon of this sauce:

[Image: 35001.jpg]

I love the stuff -- put it in almost every meat, vegetable and soup I cook up and still one jar still lasts me about 6 weeks.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 01-25-2017

Rooster Sauce!

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 01:05 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Your garlic chili spinach sounds awesome.

I usually just cook the fresh spinach in a little extra virgin olive oil and toss in a teaspoon of this sauce:

[Image: 35001.jpg]

I love the stuff -- put it in almost every meat, vegetable and soup I cook up and still one jar still lasts me about 6 weeks.

Is it spicy? My friend I play poker with gave us a jar of Guyanese hot sauce, a quarter full. I tried some in my Wendy's chili and it wasn't too bad, but then I tried some by itself. BIG MISTAKE! My mouth was on fire.

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 01-25-2017

(01-25-2017, 01:16 AM)BigMark Wrote: Rooster Sauce!

When you eat a spoonful you start walking like a rooster? I do that with whiskey. (the first one anyways)

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 01-26-2017

(01-25-2017, 07:00 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Is it spicy? My friend I play poker with gave us a jar of Guyanese hot sauce, a quarter full. I tried some in my Wendy's chili and it wasn't too bad, but then I tried some by itself. BIG MISTAKE! My mouth was on fire.

It's hot alright, but you only need a bit to add a really good spicy kick to almost anything.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 01-26-2017

Huy Fong sauce is not hot you bunch of vaginas.

It's hot, Biggie. I like hot and spicy sauces, very hot sometimes. There are a lot of Huy Fong sauces, some hotter than others and none as hot as a few other brand sauces I've eaten.

But........boy do you look like a major effin' stud in that it's not hot to you.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 01-26-2017

Most sauces other people find hot are not that hot to me, but my son says I'm showing off. I don't find the Rooster chili sauces very hot at all, but according to my son I'm just trying to be a hot shot.

There is a place in Key West that sells different hot sauces and you have to sign a waiver to try the hottest one. I tried just a little dab on a tooth pick and not only did it burn my mouth, but it felt like my whole body was melting for a good 10 minutes. I don't know who the hell eats that shit, maybe satan.

I don't think you sound like a hot shot, unless you call your son a vagina for having a lower threshold for hot/chili sauces than you do.

That daves insanity sauce is some evil shit. At the Salton Sea there is a little dive bar slash diner where the locals watch for a tourist to try the bottle that is left on every table, it makes the food uneatable and they delight in watching the person sweat, suffer heart palpitations and have snot rushing out. Then they go outside and watch the tumble weed races. Oh, and this just happens to be nearby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvation_Mountain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slab_City,_California

Oh BTW, slab city is like a cross between mad max and the hills have eyes. Salton Sea is a toxic mush that has foam waves breaking on the "beach".

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 01-26-2017

(01-26-2017, 02:22 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't think you sound like a hot shot, unless you call your son a vagina for having a lower threshold for hot/chili sauces than you do.

I felt like a vagina after our waitress at the Rusty Nail told me a 14 year old girl ate a dozen insane sauce chicken wings without any effort and I could barely finish one.