Mock
what's for dinner? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (https://mockforums.net/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: what's for dinner? (/thread-8012.html)

RE: what's for dinner? - Maggot - 08-12-2017

It never occurred to me what googling Chinese sausage would do, dirty girl.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-12-2017

I had to google Chinese sausage. It seems that you would have to buy them at a specialty oriental market. What's on tonight's plate, grilled puffin and Peruvian guinea pig?

Well my poignant piranha they sell it right next to all the other sausages in sausageville.

RE: what's for dinner? - Love Child - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 12:16 PM)sally Wrote: I had to google Chinese sausage. It seems that you would have to buy them at a specialty oriental market. What's on tonight's plate, grilled puffin and Peruvian guinea pig?

I finally googled it, can't say I have ever had chinese sausage. Tonight is pizza.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 01:36 AM)Love Child Wrote: I am not clicking on those links! LOL Get it, see what i did there? Also I don't think I should just google "Chinese sausage" either.

Oh my!hah

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-12-2017

Stuffed peppers, garlic bread & a garden salad. Garlic bread, NomNomNom.

Stuffed peppers can be stuffed with just about any stuff right?

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 05:34 PM)Maggot Wrote: Stuffed peppers can be stuffed with just about any stuff right?

Oh yeah. These are a mixture of rice, beef and tomatoes. She even made me some with no beef. Yowzers.

I might use sausage, stuffing,onions and mushrooms.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-12-2017

Here's a tip for stuffed peppers, use a finely grated carrot in the meat mixture. It's not really for flavor, it's more to keep the meat mixture from becoming dry. Whatever the hell that carrot does, it makes a difference.

RE: what's for dinner? - Love Child - 08-13-2017

I love stuffed peppers! So good.

RE: what's for dinner? - Clang McFly - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 01:28 AM)Love Child Wrote: I love stuffed peppers! So good.

Yeah me too. Especially the chile relleno.

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 08-13-2017

Now I'm hungry for stuffed peppers and anxious to try Sal's grated carrot tip.

This is what's cooking for dinner tonight. Peppers stuffed with ground beef, a little grated carrot, onions, diced tomatoes, garlic and covered in Monterrey Jack.

[Image: 6f7165077796a7b15bef185335f1c35cc2f6d20b...x&cs=strip]

This recipe says to bake the peppers by themselves for 10 minutes first, after cleaning them out -- should have known to do that already, but didn't. Now I know why the peppers are usually too uncooked or the filling is too dry.

RE: what's for dinner? - sally - 08-13-2017

You can also clean them out and par-boil them first until they're a little tender, but not mushy soft. That's what I do and then I stuff and bake them.

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 08-13-2017

That stuffing would work good in empanadas.

RE: what's for dinner? - HairOfTheDog - 08-13-2017

The stuffed peppers are off the menu tonight. I broke down and ordered sashimi instead, been craving it lately. The Japanese delivery place also has 'green stems' -- spicy tuna sashimi wrapped inside avocado slices. So freakin good.

Tomorrow I'll go to the store and make stuffed peppers, for sure.

I will par-boil the peppers instead of cook them solo first Sal...less likely to overcook them that way. Thanks for the tip.

RE: what's for dinner? - SIXFOOTERsez - 08-14-2017

Room Mate made chicken and wild rice soup last night, Way good stuff

RE: what's for dinner? - Duchess - 08-14-2017

Do you take turns cooking, Six?

RE: what's for dinner? - SIXFOOTERsez - 08-14-2017

Yes we do. I like to cook, them not so much. Mickey likes doing Sunday breakfast, so I let her. Kevin Grills now and then, but has been out of town a Lot last few months. Mouse came in yesterday, so I am sure she will be cooking quite a bit for the next 2 weeks.
I have been eating out way too much last month or two, put about 8 lbs back on so I got to get that shit under control, better food, less of it and more workouts.
I test for my Black Belt this wed

RE: what's for dinner? - BigMark - 08-14-2017

Break a leg!