Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
List of "clients" involved in college admission scandal
scandal

It goes like this: A man named William Singer, who is the founder of a college-prep business called The Key, accepted millions of dollars from individuals to get their children into elite colleges, such as Yale and The University of Southern California.
How did he do it, you might ask? Singer had an intricate network of accomplices and utilized strategies that ranged from paying standardized test administrators to fake students' test scores to falsely positioning students as competitive athletes. According to U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts Andrew Lelling, most clients paid between $250,000 and $450,000 per student. But some paid as much as $6.5 million.
So far, Singer has been charged with obstruction of justice, racketeering conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy, among other charges. But he’s not the only one being held accountable for this complex, decades-long scheme.
At the time of writing, federal authorities have charged 50 people for partaking in this scandal, and some of them might be people you know. Below is the full list of people charged:

I have heard that he has done this for over 800 people. 

Today is William Macy's birthday...........Happy birthday Bill!!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-13-2019, 10:09 AM)Maggot Wrote: scandal

It goes like this: A man named William Singer, who is the founder of a college-prep business called The Key, accepted millions of dollars from individuals to get their children into elite colleges, such as Yale and The University of Southern California.
How did he do it, you might ask? Singer had an intricate network of accomplices and utilized strategies that ranged from paying standardized test administrators to fake students' test scores to falsely positioning students as competitive athletes. According to U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts Andrew Lelling, most clients paid between $250,000 and $450,000 per student. But some paid as much as $6.5 million.
So far, Singer has been charged with obstruction of justice, racketeering conspiracy, money laundering conspiracy, among other charges. But he’s not the only one being held accountable for this complex, decades-long scheme.
At the time of writing, federal authorities have charged 50 people for partaking in this scandal, and some of them might be people you know. Below is the full list of people charged:

I have heard that he has done this for over 800 people. 

Today is William Macy's birthday...........Happy birthday Bill!!

How fucked up is that. Kids work HARD to get into those schools, they do it on their own merit. Fuckin' people. Jesus. Cheaters.

Back in the good ol' days they just built libraries & basketball courts.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
The guy says that he has done it for at least 800 people and I don't doubt plenty of big money dopes will be revealed. I wonder how many are scrambling especially politicians to try and squash this through some judge.
I think it's outrageous but it's been going on for a very long time, just not so damn blatantly. Things would be built, endowments would be made, things of that nature and it got family into very nice schools. I think I understand wanting the very best for those that you love, I get it but this is so crass with the straight up exchange of cash and of course it's illegal.

A lot of snark out there about this story.
I know! Tons of feedback and lots more to come. I can only imagine how many people are squirming right now. This will turn into a really big scandal. The schools, the coaches, the political ramifications are enormous.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3451986]
hah   And the first diversion to this story is...........wait for it............"What about Trumps kids" . The media is doing it's hack job again.
(03-14-2019, 10:29 AM)Maggot Wrote: hah   And the first diversion to this story is...........wait for it............"What about Trumps kids" . The media is doing it's hack job again.

I did see that. It was in response to Jr's snark. Glass houses and all that, ya know.
There are times when I cringe at what the Trumps say they really need to keep their traps shut at certain times. It's like their mouths work before the brain can say "STOP"!!!!
And those times when at first I agree, and then I say, "No, say more! Please....just keep on talking"

I do the same thing when Pelosi yaps but it's only because the words were incoherent.
...heh. She's got trump's number and knows how to handle him. I support her and I'm happy to do so.
That's because you have a she-woman man hating decoder ring and can decipher what she says.
I don't hate men. I lurve men. I like how they look and how they smell and how they feel. NomNomNom.
(03-15-2019, 11:09 AM)Duchess Wrote: ...heh. She's got trump's number and knows how to handle him. I support her and I'm happy to do so.

She sometimes trips over her tongue, but Pelosi is very sharp, strategic, and effective in my opinion too.  

I have no problem understanding her.

I find it kinda funny and extremely ironic when Trump-worshippers criticize Pelosi's communication and articulation skills.   Awink
(03-15-2019, 12:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: She sometimes trips over her tongue, but Pelosi is very sharp, strategic, and effective in my opinion too.  

I have no problem understanding her.

I find it kinda funny and extremely ironic when Trump-worshippers criticize Pelosi's communication and articulation skills.   Awink

I felt unsure about her at first but I was hopeful. I didn't want to hear any talk of impeachment, not right now anyway. I simply want for them all to do their jobs, to honor their oaths and no overreach.
Regarding the university cheating scam, I'm very glad that an unrelated investigation led to the discovery of this widespread academic criminal network.

Capitalism doesn't have to be rife with corruption, but when money and prestige allow people to buy themselves and their families a different set of rules and an ability to operate above the law, corruption and social inequities/injustices continue to expand and infect society.  It's antithetical to democracy.

Anyway, I'm not surprised that so many CEOs, celebrities, and other extremely wealthy parents were willing to bribe and cheat their kids' way in to good schools, thereby depriving harder working and less wealthy students of the opportunity.  I don't feel sorry for any of them and hope they're held legally accountable, just like the brokers, coaches, and administrators who took the bribes.

In my opinion, it's long overdue that U.S. law enforcement start shining the light and cracking down heavily on everyone involved in white collar political, academic, church, and all other corruption-ridden segments of our society.
Yeah, well I call her Nancy "OZZY" Pelosi. She's a rock Lobstah.  Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
She's a stupid shrew who spouts feces.
She should smoke a cigar and become a Madam. Yeah, I can picture it, with a Japanese dress and thong dressed Arabs fanning her with palm fronds.