Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SUPREME COURT: JUSTICE SCALIA DEATH AND SCOTUS CHANGES
(02-15-2016, 01:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 10:33 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: My first thought was...who the fuck declares someone dead over the phone?
Bizarre, isn't it. I've never heard of such thing. You would think it would be standard procedure to at least see the body FFS. I read he was declared dead and there was found to be no reason for an autopsy, yet it was reported that he didn't have a heart attack, simply that his heart stopped beating. How do they know this?

As I understand it, it's allowable to declare someone dead without seeing the body if all evidence points in the direction of natural causes; it sometimes happens in rural areas where it would take a justice of the peace some time to get to the location.

Scalia's family reportedly wanted his body removed from the rural hunting resort and returned to Washington asap. I don't blame them. So, the pronouncing judge called Scalia's doctor who confirmed that he had several chronic conditions, but was too weak for surgery. She also interviewed U.S. Marshals who'd arrived at the resort, by phone, and determined there was no sign of foul play. The family declined an autopsy.

I'm glad the news wasn't leaked and he was removed before a swarm of media arrived at the scene, though it did open the door for a lot of speculation.

I'm waiting for someone to suggest that a liberal gun-grabber sneaked into the resort and smothered staunch second amendment supporter Scalia, probably on orders from Barrack Obama or Hillary Clinton! Smiley_emoticons_wink

He riled people up in life, and he's riling people up in death. But, Scalia appears to have been a very loving and loved family man and friend. It's been interesting reading the tributes and stories from those closest to him. RIP.

Refs:
http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/texas-ra...ias-death/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...rgery.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: SUPREME COURT JUSTICE SCALIA -- FOUND DEAD - by HairOfTheDog - 02-16-2016, 10:18 AM