Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
COOKWARE, BITCHES

This was almost titled, POTS & PANS. Jesus. Somehow I think calling y'all bitches makes it better.

I like nice cookware & I think some of you do too. Are there some that you couldn't live without? If you had to choose just one pot/pan that you couldn't live without, what would it be?

I have a question - would you say that this could fry AND simmer, sort of a multipurpose pan? I did a very soup chickeny thing in order to get it for free.

[Image: Cuisinart_4.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Frying and simmering are more of a function of temperature than what the pan looks like. I would use that pan to pan fry a fillet of fish, or to saute a nice veal marsala or simmer a sauce depending on the desired starting volume.
I like nice cookware too, I think of them as proper tools that just happen to be meant for food preparation.
I really like cast iron, very functional stuff that requires learning the "Feel" of what you are doing, Temp management is kind of critical.
Lighter ware such as you have there is good stuff too, works equally well on a gas flame or on a glass top like I have.
I am due for a new set, been looking for a while but have not decided where to drop the hammer. Turkey day is coming, I better get busy and get it figured out.
Since I don't wear jewelry my husband gets me kitchen shit for Christmas and birthdays. I have more All-Clad pots and pans and Wusthof knives that I know what to do with. I have a big, deep rimmed All-Clad pan that does everything from sautéing to roasting a chicken that I really like.

That pan you have there looks multipurpose and you can even put it in the oven. For frying stuff, however, I do prefer cast iron. Every kitchen should have at least one seasoned cast iron pot.
(10-22-2014, 06:18 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Frying and simmering are more of a function of temperature than what the pan looks like. I would use that pan to pan fry a fillet of fish, or to saute a nice veal marsala or simmer a sauce depending on the desired starting volume.
I like nice cookware too, I think of them as proper tools that just happen to be meant for food preparation.
I really like cast iron, very functional stuff that requires learning the "Feel" of what you are doing, Temp management is kind of critical.
Lighter ware such as you have there is good stuff too, works equally well on a gas flame or on a glass top like I have.
I am due for a new set, been looking for a while but have not decided where to drop the hammer. Turkey day is coming, I better get busy and get it figured out.
This...
Cast iron skillet. I rarely use stainless steel cookware as it always sticks cuz I am too impatient and everything sticks. Plus, I don't cook anymore so guess I use cast iron skillet and stove top grill most of the time. Plus cookie sheet to hold my frozen dinners. Sometimes I get lazy and if cast iron skillet isn't properly seasoned, it will stick like crazy....so I give up and have a glass of wine. Back in the day, I would only cook fried chicken in cast iron skillet (grandmother taught me this). I even helped her kill, de-feather, and clean/cut up fresh fryers on the farm. I would give anything to taste real chicken again. Must go heat my lobster bisque (from grocery store) in my microwave now....
Most of my cookware is cast iron, but I also use a crockpot & pressure cooker on occasion. I like cast iron because you can put it right on top of a campfire without fear of warping.
(10-22-2014, 05:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:
I did a very soup chickeny thing in order to get it for free.

Inquiring minds (mainly mine) want to know what was the soup chickeny thing that you did?

I collected stamps that were then pasted into a little booklet. Cluck Cluck Cluck 50

For our Continuity Program this year, we teamed up with Cuisinart to give you an opportunity to collect fantastic pieces of cookware from their Cookware Collection!

Shop at your local Acme Markets from September 3 through December 25.
Receive a bonus stamp for every $10 you spend, 2 for every $20, 3 for every $30 and so on.
When you fill your stamp booklet, you will receive a piece of Cuisinart Cookware for FREE! Turn in your full card to one of our helpful associates and they will give you a new card for the next level of Cuisinart Cookware!
We will accept stamp cards through January 6, 2015.
This is available at all of our stores
(10-23-2014, 07:44 AM)cannongal Wrote: Most of my cookware is cast iron, but I also use a crockpot & pressure cooker on occasion. I like cast iron because you can put it right on top of a campfire without fear of warping.

Cast iron is the shit for flexibility.
I have a lot of it and really like cooking with it.
Gas stove, open fire, coals no problem. Got to be a little careful with the glass cook top, but it works fine.
I have 4 Dutch Ovens, griddle and 6 or 7 skillets, some old, some new..
The old iron is really nice because its polished, no one makes it like that anymore, its all sand cast finish on the inside.
I have my moms cast iron skillet. It's probably older than I am.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(10-23-2014, 07:58 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I collected stamps that were then pasted into a little booklet. Cluck Cluck Cluck 50

I thought stamp books went out in the '60's

[Image: 20120305_110934_history3_4_12(1)_500.jpg]

Sheesh, collecting stamps, picking up cement urns off the side of the road....you're turning into a regular cheapskate. Next you'll be pilfering ketchup packets from Mc D's and and separating your 2 ply toilet paper.

I like to go antiquing in a beat up pickup and I love walking around bigass flea markets too.

...re-purposing turns me on.
That baggie you posted the other day turned me on. My guy is dry again, I've got to find someone more reliable.

I hope my person grows old with me but I might be left dry, she's even older than I am.
I need a cast iron skillet. I bought one a couple of years ago and promptly ruined it.
Commando Cunt Queen
Here is a good one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Griswold-Cast-Ir...1c47bb6496
(10-23-2014, 03:26 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Here is a good one

Hmmmm...but it says it has rust spots. That's how I ruined my last one. My mom has a great cast iron skillet and she pretty much only ever wipes it out as far as I know. I guess soap and cast iron don't go together well. I need to get a new one and keep it away from the Dawn dish soap I think.
Commando Cunt Queen
(10-23-2014, 05:04 PM)username Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 03:26 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: Here is a good one

Hmmmm...but it says it has rust spots. That's how I ruined my last one. My mom has a great cast iron skillet and she pretty much only ever wipes it out as far as I know. I guess soap and cast iron don't go together well. I need to get a new one and keep it away from the Dawn dish soap I think.

You have to season it with fat from the rump of a live buffalo.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-23-2014, 05:16 PM)Maggot Wrote: You have to season it with fat from the rump of a live buffalo.

hah

I haven't seen Clang lately.
Commando Cunt Queen