Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eat your veggies
So there is an online produce delivery called Misfits Market, all their organic fruits and veggies are from farmers who would otherwise throw it out because it doesn't look pretty enough for the grocery stores to buy. This is my first delivery and it cost me 40 bucks which includes the shipping. They also have smaller boxes. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it or not, remember it's all organic. If anything it's forcing me to cook more healthy as I have to figure out what to do with all this shit now.

[Image: 8cWYI3dl.jpg]
The oranges look beautiful. Are those purple potatoes? That doesn't seem like very much for $40. Do you have Amish markets down there? Their veggies are grown organically & their beef is not injected with the crap often found in supermarket beef.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
No Amish markets unfortunately,  just high priced whole foods organic markets.
The oranges were delicious as were the tomatoes. You can't find good tasting tomatoes here unless you grow them yourself.
I was wondering what you would think about the taste. I used to order from Full Circle farms and it was amazing! I found it hard to keep up also-so I just ordered a smaller box and got it every other week.
I couldn't believe how much tastier items were and it really made me question what the fuck I eat from the stores.
Now I live in a place with local farms so I just buy right from them in the spring and summer.

What I tasted so far is excellent. My daughter takes her lunch to school so tomorrow is celery sticks with peanut butter, a cut up orange and apple, fresh romesco brocolli with ranch, garbanzo beans and lime water. She likes healthy stuff, not picky at all.
She also eats junk food with the best of them, but would prefer grilled shrimp and a caesar salad over chicken nuggets and fries.
That's a lot of produce for $40 and it looks like good stuff.   I always use extra vegetables with a short shelf life for stews and soups and freeze what we won't eat right away.
Artichokes make me want to barf, just sayin'.
Really? I love them. What dont you like about them?
The texture. *shudders* My favorite place to get an antipasto puts them in it and I pick them out. 
(02-09-2020, 04:29 PM)Duchess Wrote: The texture. *shudders* My favorite place to get an antipasto puts them in it and I pick them out. 
Artichokes have an amazing mouth feel. I like to roll them around in my mouth before I chew and swallow them.

-Clangfoodmunch
Terri Schiavo appreciates your post.
I'm glad you are eating organic. I have been for 6 months and I feel pretty damn good. You really have to research it though. Organic is a broad term.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-09-2020, 02:26 PM)Duchess Wrote: Artichokes make me want to barf, just sayin'.

I love artichokes, any old way (alone, in salad, on pizza...).

Don't you hate avocados, the best vegetable/fruit ever, too?

I'm starting to think you might have a prejudice against 'A' vegetables, Duchess.  I bet you hate harmless old asparagus too!  Smiley_emoticons_smile

Yaaas.

I love asparagus! Aha! I enjoy salads and I like spinach too, in a salad, not cooked. I just don't like avocado and artichokes. I really like corn on the cob, I eat that like a savage too. Corn, beans, carrots, all lettuce, squash, cukes, etc., I like them all.
Sonofabitch. My fuckin' quote again.  Taz
(02-10-2020, 01:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:
Yaaas.

I love asparagus! Aha! I enjoy salads and I like spinach too, in a salad, not cooked. I just don't like avocado and artichokes. I really like corn on the cob, I eat that like a savage too. Corn, beans, carrots, all lettuce, squash, cukes, etc., I like them all.

Asparagus is good stuff.  But, seems like asparagus is the lone exception to your 'A' vegetable discrimination.

I bet alfalfa and arugula make your stomach turn.

Right?!  Just admit your veggie bigotry already; you're not fooling anyone.  ')
hah  I might be a certain veggie bigot.

I like alfalfa sprouts & arugula too thankyouverymuch.
I often wake up in the middle of the night so my latest tactic for falling back to sleep is thinking of vegetables from A to Z.