Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EQUAL PAY
Should employers be required to pay men and women the same salary for the same job?

Yes or No?

IMO:

Yes.

There should not be a glass ceiling for women. Pay should only be based on job performance, experience, reliability, education, and work ethic.

It doesn't matter if they are a man, or a woman, both deserve the same pay if
doing the same job.

Every person should be scrutinized under the same requirements.

Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Equal pay for equal performance? Sure, but is that really what we're talking about today? Does the WNBA perform at the same level as the NBA? No, not even close.

On the flip side of the equation, do biological women perform at the same level as trans women? No, not even close.

As robots increasingly become the norm, maybe then the lemmings will realize the folly of their mindless support of "equality". Maybe.
I don't know any business owners that based compensation on sex; they base it on performance and productivity. It is a simple game, the more profit you generate the more compensation you are worth.
(09-29-2021, 06:31 AM)rothschild Wrote: Equal pay for equal performance? Sure, but is that really what we're talking about today? Does the WNBA perform at the same level as the NBA? No, not even close.

WNBA & NBA are two different jobs. If women were able to perform in the NBA with men, then they would be doing the exact same job, and should receive equal pay.

On the flip side of the equation, do biological women perform at the same level as trans women? No, not even close.

Apples and oranges

As robots increasingly become the norm, maybe then the lemmings will realize the folly of their mindless support of "equality". Maybe.

(09-29-2021, 07:34 AM)pyropappy Wrote: I don't know any business owners that based compensation on sex; they base it on performance and productivity. It is a simple game, the more profit you generate the more compensation you are worth.

That doesn't mean UN-equal compensation doesn't exist.
When I was working (for a large defense co) and I became the engineering
Dept mgr I inherited 177 people, 34 were women. And I saw their salaries, every woman was paid 25 to 35% less then the men, and the women were doing the exact same job!
Over the years, I slowly tried to rectify that situation. I still had VP's to report
that were cost conscious.

women get what they deserve, yo.
(09-29-2021, 10:07 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 07:34 AM)pyropappy Wrote: I don't know any business owners that based compensation on sex; they base it on performance and productivity. It is a simple game, the more profit you generate the more compensation you are worth.

That doesn't mean UN-equal compensation doesn't exist.
When I was working (for a large defense co) and I became the engineering
Dept mgr I inherited 177 people, 34 were women. And I saw their salaries, every woman was paid 25 to 35% less then the men, and the women were doing the exact same job!
Over the years, I slowly tried to rectify that situation. I still had VP's to report
that were cost conscious.

Good job looking out.
Some people don't believe that this exists.
(09-29-2021, 09:44 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 06:31 AM)rothschild Wrote: Equal pay for equal performance? Sure, but is that really what we're talking about today? Does the WNBA perform at the same level as the NBA? No, not even close.

WNBA & NBA are two different jobs. If women were able to perform in the NBA with men, then they would be doing the exact same job, and should receive equal pay.

Apples and oranges

Apples and watermelons, is that a level playing field? Welcome to "equality".
Seriously, Cars, government can't fix it's own shit, so why do you think it should be entrusted to fix anyone else's?
(09-30-2021, 02:53 AM)rothschild Wrote: Seriously, Cars, government can't fix it's own shit, so why do you think it should be entrusted to fix anyone else's?

Defense companies have government contracts, but they are not run by the government.
Managing the company is run by by private individuals, not politicians.

(09-30-2021, 09:21 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 02:53 AM)rothschild Wrote: Seriously, Cars, government can't fix it's own shit, so why do you think it should be entrusted to fix anyone else's?

Defense companies have government contracts, but they are not run by the government.

Should employers be required to pay men and women the same salary for the same job?

Wasnme
(09-30-2021, 09:28 PM)rothschild Wrote:

Should employers be required to pay men and women the same salary for the same job?

Wasnme

See post 1

Who fucking cares? I'm not sitting around with my ass frosted over this shit. It doesn't affect me. When my daughter was born we nicknamed her the fat boss lady.
(09-30-2021, 11:12 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 09:28 PM)rothschild Wrote:

Wasnme

See post 1

[Image: f9ba6a90e752f1eab238a4f9cdc01c36--jackie-chan-lol.jpg]
(09-30-2021, 11:57 PM)sally Wrote: Who fucking cares? I'm not sitting around with my ass frosted over this shit. It doesn't affect me. When my daughter was born we nicknamed her the fat boss lady.

You would fucking care if your ass was working up on the roof with the guys, and you were doing the same job they were. But you were getting paid 35% less then them!

She's pretty self involved, she doesn't give a fuck about too much that doesn't involve her.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(10-01-2021, 11:51 PM)Carsman Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 11:57 PM)sally Wrote: Who fucking cares? I'm not sitting around with my ass frosted over this shit. It doesn't affect me. When my daughter was born we nicknamed her the fat boss lady.

You would fucking care if your ass was working up on the roof with the guys, and you were doing the same job they were. But you were getting paid 35% less then them!

Does the government pay women 35% less to stay home and do nothing? Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
Maybe everyone should just disclose their pay so they could see the glaring difference in pay. That should work out well. LOL.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Made me laugh too.   hah
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I feel terrible for those underpaid women roofers! All 3 of them. hah