Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant beat this.
Crusty bread, Milano salami and a chuck of good cheese,  a glass of red wine.   And ive eaten a lot of good food in my time.   Ill put up a tomato sauce thats first class when ive time.
I'm so hungry right now that even salami sounds good.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I can tell a lot of thought went into that recipe.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'll eat the salami and cheese, hold the bread.

I will hold the buns.
I just picked up a bakers dz of cull lobsters,  getting ready to start the outside grill.    Gotta finish setting up the misting tent first, cause it's damn hot outside and the grill is going to make it hotter.   
Then there's cob corn, salads galore,  plastic kiddie pools filled with ice. Water soda, adults only (and probably a few teenagers who sneak em) drinks.  People have already started setting up their tents in the woods.  Bands should show up soon.

It's going to be a fun weekend,  but a hot one.
Yum!

We just had a neighborhood dinner. Food on the grill, salads, and someone set up a hose as a mister w/ the nozzle, I would have never thought of that.

It really sounds like a shit ton of fun. I just love being out in the woods partying! New Hampshire has some really great places to do that in.
Went to Artisanal Brewery up in Saratoga NY today with my brother Ed. Had a damn good spicy Bloody Mary with green olives, a medium spicy pepper and lemon and lime wedges. They were out of celery, beer brats with caramelized onions, mustard,sauerkraut, and hot sauce. Oh and a Hazy New England IPA. They had some live music there too. It was nice to just chill and listen to some music and eat good food and drink. Pics in my Flikr account link.
Half my guests are still awake and sitting around the bonfire right now.    The police showed up an hour ago,  because someone decided that it would be a brilliant idea to turn the amps back on and blast AC/DC.   I don't blame the neighbors tho, who the fuck would want to be blasted out of bed by hell's bells at 2 AM.  I'll probably bring some strawberry Jam and pickles over there later as a peace offering. 

We're doing a continental breakfast this morning.   Just fruits and a bunch of muffins and breads that I baked last week and froze.  There's a band coming in around 11, they play folk and soft rock, so it'll be good for winding down.    Probably take 2 weeks to clean my house after this shit, but so worth it.
Back in the day rainbow gatherings were a pretty big deal. Now they're having them in back yards. hah
We had the MDA carnivals.

Everyone was doing them.
(07-25-2022, 12:00 PM)rothschild Wrote: Back in the day rainbow gatherings were a pretty big deal. Now they're having them in back yards.  hah

Rainbow gatherings are still a big deal in the festival circuit.   My party was not a rainbow gathering.   Next weekend's party might be.
Although,  alcohol is allowed next weekend,   clothing is optional.     hah
(07-25-2022, 03:31 PM)cannongal Wrote: Although,  alcohol is allowed next weekend,   clothing is optional.     hah

The one I went to in '85 was weird. State forrest in Missouri, bikers getting drunk on the perimeter, aging hippies and stoners inside. Got offered some pretty good acid, then got buzzed by fighter jets and learned about sonic booms. High as a kite, I thought we were going to be gassed so I stuck my head in a creek for about a minute. Came up for air and felt refreshed, enjoyed the rest of my trip.
(07-25-2022, 05:20 PM)rothschild Wrote:  High as a kite, I thought we were going to be gassed so I stuck my head in a creek for about a minute. 

hah
(07-25-2022, 05:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 05:20 PM)rothschild Wrote:  High as a kite, I thought we were going to be gassed so I stuck my head in a clangs cheeks for about a minute. 

hah

You're lucky to be alive.
Just a mild nervous breakdown, but vitals and everything else are good.
(07-25-2022, 06:22 PM)BigMark Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 05:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 05:20 PM)rothschild Wrote:  High as a kite, I thought we were going to be gassed so I stuck my head in a clangs cheeks for about a minute. 

hah

You're lucky to be alive.

hah  My Gas Pass and Fart card are totally legal and would totally hold up in Trump's court.
(07-24-2022, 03:47 AM)cannongal Wrote: Half my guests are still awake and sitting around the bonfire right now.    The police showed up an hour ago,  because someone decided that it would be a brilliant idea to turn the amps back on and blast AC/DC.   I don't blame the neighbors tho, who the fuck would want to be blasted out of bed by hell's bells at 2 AM.  I'll probably bring some strawberry Jam and pickles over there later as a peace offering. 

We're doing a continental breakfast this morning.   Just fruits and a bunch of muffins and breads that I baked last week and froze.  There's a band coming in around 11, they play folk and soft rock, so it'll be good for winding down.    Probably take 2 weeks to clean my house after this shit, but so worth it.

I think a lot of this sounds like fun. I'd be happy as a clam with good music & bong hits, and food, don't forget food.