Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would your last meal request be on death row?
I struggle with this question.
(08-22-2022, 09:50 PM)sally Wrote: I struggle with this question.

Every one of my favorite meals, so I could take one last bite of each one of them!  hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Salmon
Asparagus with lemon

dessert would be vanilla ice cream with fresh mint leaves and shaved dark chocolate

I guess at this moment I'd go with a double espresso black, freshly squeezed lemonade lightly sweetened with extra ice, a dozen steamed little neck clams with saltine crackers, drawn butter, lemon, hotsauce, cocktail sauce and a dozen fried belly clams. No dessert.
(08-22-2022, 10:36 PM)MirahM Wrote: Salmon
Asparagus with lemon

dessert would be vanilla ice cream with fresh mint leaves and shaved dark chocolate

Boring much?  Sheesh.
That is all I would require.

Raw clams and oysters, sushi, scallops, snow crab legs, lobster, and bacon, brussel sprouts, broccoli, creamed spinach, asparagus, stuffing, cheesecake, Nestle Tollhouse pie, pecan pie, a Bloody Mary and coffee.
Black licorice, 7 oysters, chocolate milk.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I wouldn't be able to eat. I have no appetite when I'm anxiety ridden.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-23-2022, 08:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Oddly it's the one of the few times I wouldn't be anxiety ridden. It would be calming to know I'd finally be at peace. But with my luck, they'd probably botch it and I'd keep on living.
(08-23-2022, 10:21 AM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(08-23-2022, 08:33 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Oddly it's the one of the few times I wouldn't be anxiety ridden. It would be calming to know I'd finally be at peace. But with my luck, they'd probably botch it and I'd keep on living.

You are correct Chang, when you know something WILL happen you come to terms with it.  All of us are on death row, we just dont think about it.   The word death is wrong anyway, we are not granted dissolution, but eternal life.  Unless you live, you cannot be at peace.  The Universe is limitless, infinite,  and the Universe made us.   I take it that you havent had a calm existence.

My last meal here, would be crusty bread, Milano Salami, gouda cheese, and a glass of red.  Or two.  Or three.   p.s, eternal life is not all its cracked up to be, it means everything is pointless.  Forgetting is key.  You chang have probably been president of the United States a dozen times, and if you think of how unlikely that is, for everyone, then it is a measure of time, time that doesnt exist.
I went on a three week road trip and got sick of eating at restaurants (even the fine dining ones) so we started picking stuff up from markets along the way to keep in a cooler and eat at the hotels. I got some crusty French and Italian bread from an amazing bakery, fresh tomatoes, peppers and radishes from a farmers market, fresh churned butter from an Amish market, a really good aged gouda and triple cream from a cheese shop and some salami, proscuitto, Iberico ham, calabrian peppers and truffles in oil from a deli and butcher shop. Also got a couple bottles of wine, but forgot to put it in the picture. By far the best meal we had the entire time.

[Image: 9fz0btpl.jpg]
The white thing is a salt shaker I stole from the hotel restaurant and I forgot to get the damn pepper.
(08-29-2022, 02:04 PM)sally Wrote: The white thing is a salt shaker I stole from the hotel restaurant and I forgot to get the damn pepper.

Looks great.  Chianti is always best.  There is a red from where my mother comes from, north of Udine, cant remember its name, thats just as good.  Wine from that region is excellent, the white is thought to be better.
I'm not a big wine connoisseur, but Chianti is my go to red wine for both drinking and cooking. If I'm drinking white then I like a dry sparkling wine like prosecco. If I'm cooking with white then I'll usually go with a chardonnay. I use wine or beer depending on the dish in a lot of my cooking.
One Cougar juice coming up!
Lamb chops with homemade apple sauce, brussels sprouts, broccoli and carrots with bacon, and mashed potatos with grated cheese.
That totally sounds like comfort food.

Sally that looks wonderful!

(08-31-2022, 09:25 PM)rothschild Wrote: Lamb chops with homemade apple sauce, brussels sprouts, broccoli and carrots with bacon, and mashed potatos with grated cheese.

Im impressed with your response Rothschild, its the first evidence i have that your human.   Brussel sprouts are cracking, mash with butter and cheese in the mash.  Very English.    OOOPS, anti englishness coming up.

RULE BRITTANIA, BRITTANIA RULES THE WAVES, BRITONS WILL NEVER BE SLAVES.    Britain will retake America, eventually, cue evil laughter.