Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A note to make you queasy.
Im sure you havent had a proper english breakfast, im sure you cant get one over there.  It consists of pork sausages, poached eggs, fried tomatoes and mushrooms, fried bread, bacon, and beans.  Thats beans in tomato sauce which i think is an english thing.  I buy chilli beans from heinz, which are wondrous.

The standard of food is dropping in the uk, a decent pork sausage cant be bought, its now packed with rusk and herbs to fill it out.  There is one further ingredient, its black pudding.  This is a pudding made from freshly slaughtered pigs cows and sheep blood , a bit of fat is added, and oats i think to thicken it.

Its a west midlands thing, brummie, and up north in places. I first had it in my mid twenties, and had the courage to eat it.   And its absolutely wonderful.  I buy it as a staple, and have it in a fry up.  Fry ups are a weekend thing in england.   And apart from a weekend roast, a curry, and crusty bread, salami cheese and a glass of red,  this is it, it keeps you going till tea time. 

Black pudding sounds bad, but it isnt.  It will give you a decent shot of iron and is tasty.
i got your black pudding.
Fuck black pudding. Head cheese and pickled pigs feet is better.
Fucking hell.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
2 gays, one crap.
Man. I'm often surprised by the things people will willingly eat.

I couldn't audition for Survivor because I knew their food challenges would be the one thing I couldn't get past. The show was new then and all their food challenges were fuckin' revolting.
(12-02-2022, 09:07 AM)Duchess Wrote: Fucking hell.

Chocolate covered tarantula is delicious also.
Live ones tickle on the way down.
You put the ick in tickle.
(12-02-2022, 12:09 PM)BigMark Wrote: Live ones tickle on the way down.

I know. The Old Lady who swallowed a Fly told me. She's a beast when it comes to eating weird things. She swallowed a horse for fucks sake!
Of all places they have a restaurant in Disney World that does a good English breakfast. I ordered it and figured since it was Disney World that it would come with regular sausage rather than the traditional black pudding. Nope, it was as authentic as you can get and served with black pudding. I don't like it so I gave it to my husband. He likes blood pudding, and organs and all of that disgusting stuff.
Christ on a cracker. That fucking pudding makes me want to hurl.
Christ is not a cracker, he a brother.
Where the hell did I get the cracker? I think he's on a crutch.
Actually black pudding is not as bad as Boudin sausage. It's a Louisiana sausage where they put liver and God knows what other parts into the sausage along with rice. I guess people like it, but to me it's enough to make a maggot puke.
Over the years I would go to a posh hotel for a full english breakfast before work. Always lovely. You get up and chose what you want, they always have a smorgasbord as an "englishman serves himself at breakfast" - Gosford Park

Those hotels have everything you could imagine for breakfast, all kinds of juices, eggs benedict, and every other food. They have all the teas, my favourite earl grey, and the best coffee.
My hot air balloon fronds would have the most amazing brunch after we flew.
My father was a butcher and we always had a fridge full of meat, so much in fact it used to go off.   One of the things we ate was brawn, its meat left over, and suspended in a jelly i have no idea of what it was made of.

In brawn was pigs head meat, trotters, brains, maybe even a tail.   I didnt like it and avoided it if i could.   The offal i did like was pigs liver, absolutely delicious, i eat it today, and feed the dogs with it.   Lambs liver is of poor quality and taste, it breaks up easily in the pan.  I cant eat kidneys.   A pigs diet is rich and varied, and the liver reflects that.   Having been weaned off milk as a baby, im sure i and my brother went straight onto roast beef, and it showed.

Playing football my brother was like a fucking tank, me less so but i was never wanting on the field even against bigger and stronger players, even though both of us were smaller.  My bro had an offer to go on trial with Brighton, and i trained with the Cambridge youth team, unfortunately being half blind in one eye that didnt work out.  Oh well.   As for food, get pigs liver, its wonderful.

With onions.
(12-02-2022, 08:39 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: Fuck black pudding. Head cheese and pickled pigs feet is better.

I see you still lust after Roo, huh?
(12-05-2022, 08:48 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(12-02-2022, 08:39 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: Fuck black pudding. Head cheese and pickled pigs feet is better.

I see you still lust after Roo, huh?

She doesn't look half bad sans makeup.

She doesn't look half good either though.