Mock
NFL 2012 SEASON - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: SPORTS CORNER (https://mockforums.net/forum-34.html)
+--- Thread: NFL 2012 SEASON (/thread-8120.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - nrkerr - 10-11-2012

(10-11-2012, 06:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 10:50 PM)nrkerr Wrote: I am from Kansas City, and a faithful Chiefs fan.

I just looked at your stats. Ouch.

It's embarrassing...but I'm not going anywhere. They need to get rid of Scott Pioli, and spend some money. I think we are like 30 million dollars under the cap, it's ridiculous!!!

I was born in Wisconsin, and deep down...I secretly root for the Packers.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 10-11-2012

First 5 weeks are in the books. A couple of surprises this season (Vikings and Cardinals), and some disappointments (Titans, Lions and Jets).

Some really good games this week. So far my season record ATS is 38-35-4 (a 52% clip). You need to pick at about 60% to make any money.

Carolina, Chicago, Jacksonville and New Orleans get the week off.

Tonight:
Pittsburgh (-5.5) Titans are just plain old bad, and they don't look like they care. A bad combination.

Sunday:
WASHINGTON (-1) Vikes come into this one riding high, but it won't be easy to win at RFK. I think Wash wins on a late score.
CLEVELAND (+1) The Browns won't have many opportunities to win this year, so I see them capitalizing on this chance. They lost a close one to Cincy earlier in week 2.
Indianapolis (+3.5) FQ2 may actually be on to something with Andrew Luck. That was a helluva finish last week against the Packers. I see them winning fairly easily against a lost Jets club.
Kansas City (+3.5) The Chiefs aren't very good, but I think they'll keep this close, and lose by less than 3.5 to Tampa.
ATLANTA (-9) Oakland scores early, and then the Falcons pour on about 30 consecutive and blow 'em out.
BALTIMORE (-3.5) It's all Tony Romo for the 'Boys. I think he plays well, but a late turnover will doom Big D.
PHILADELPHIA (-4) Eagles rebound and play their best game of the year here. Lions are close for the 1st quarter, but it's all Philly after that.
St.Louis (+3.5) The Rams take their 'D' on the road. Miami is a tough team to figure out. I think the Rams win a close one.
SEATTLE (+3.5) The Patriots head to the northwest, seemingly having put things back together. However, the Seahawks have played very well at home. Their defense will smack Brady around. UPSET OF THE WEEK.
ARIZONA (-4.5) The Bills are bad, very bad. Arizona is not as good as their record would indicate, however, any team that holds Brady to 18 points at Foxboro is worth taking here.
SAN FRANCISCO (-5) Rematch of last year's NFC title game. Two fumbled punt returns cost the 49ers last year. Watch out GMen, you get pounded into submission here. I'm thinking something along the lines of 37-13.
Green Bay (+3.5) I'm struggling with this one. The Packers have got to protect Rodgers better. Houston could have a field day and crush GB, but I expect the green and gold to bounce back and find a way to win what should be a highly entertaining Sunday Night matchup.

Monday:
Denver (+1.5) Broncos head to San Diego and win a shootout with the Chargers.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 10-11-2012

Pounded into submission. heh heh heh

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - FAHQTOO - 10-11-2012

Indianapolis (+3.5) FQ2 may actually be on to something with Andrew Luck. That was a helluva finish last week against the Packers. I see them winning fairly easily against a lost Jets club.

Well I was going to say "I TOLD YOU SO"...but that is beneath me and my good manners, so I'll just keep it to myself.

I already had it in my mind they were going to lose. I walked away from the tv and had to go running back in the room when everybody started hollering. Had to watch the replay. Kinda like 2 weeks before when I thought they had it won and then lost it in the last few seconds.

I bet ya thought about me after that last play, didn't you? Go ahead, you can admit it, I won't tell anyone.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 10-11-2012

(10-11-2012, 03:41 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote: Indianapolis (+3.5) FQ2 may actually be on to something with Andrew Luck. That was a helluva finish last week against the Packers. I see them winning fairly easily against a lost Jets club.

Well I was going to say "I TOLD YOU SO"...but that is beneath me and my good manners, so I'll just keep it to myself.

I already had it in my mind they were going to lose. I walked away from the tv and had to go running back in the room when everybody started hollering. Had to watch the replay. Kinda like 2 weeks before when I thought they had it won and then lost it in the last few seconds.

I bet ya thought about me after that last play, didn't you? Go ahead, you can admit it, I won't tell anyone.

We were all sitting around waiting for the Vikings to start and the Packers/Colts were on Fox. Honestly, I was with you after GB scored their TD. I thought there was no way Indy could come back.

I haven't seen a lot of Colts games over the years, but Reggie Wayne looked as good as any receiver I've ever seen on that last drive.

Amazing.

And, as long as you promise not to tell anyone, I'll admit that I thought of you.

Smiley_emoticons_smile

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 10-11-2012

I like your picks, MS. I hope to go into our bye week still sittin' on top of the NFC East.

Good luck, everyone...unless you're in my division.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 10-12-2012

Suh, the most dirty player in all of the NFL plays for Detroit. I sure hope my guys can keep that muthafucka contained.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 10-13-2012

User & MS, you're both playing teams in my division tomorrow. Kick some ass!

User, I want you to wipe the turf with those fuckin' Giants. Fold some laundry or organize your cabinets while they are playing, DON'T focus on the game, just check the score or run into the room when you hear cheering. Thanks!

hah

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 10-15-2012

[Image: 1hissyfit.gif]

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 10-15-2012

Tough day for our squads here at Mock.

Duchess, remember when you asked me about RGIII? That dude is the real deal. Serious talent, and very poised for a young player.

And, of course, our bitter rivals both go on the road and put a beat down on the top 2 teams in the league.

Shitty day.

Shitty day would be an understatement. I haven't watched one single game this year that was a joy to watch. It's not fun for me when the games are so tight and by the time it ends I am close to having a seizure. Ugh.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 10-15-2012

I was surprised by the resilience of the Lions.

Down 10 with less than 6 minutes left. The league seems so competitive these days. Anybody can beat anybody on any given Sunday.

The Redskins go to NY next week to face the Giants. RGIII will probably look terrible.

Looks like the Eagles get the week off. Vick was saying that it was much needed.

Michael walked around with the ball all last week, literally everywhere and everyone took a shot at trying to get him to lose it. I knew this game would not be the slam dunk the commentators were saying it would be. I knew it would be war because the Lions are fighting for their season. They needed to go into their bye 4/2, so much for that.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - nrkerr - 10-15-2012

The Chiefs got their asses handed to them...again. I just can't believe we got stomped by a team that was just as bad as us. Oh well...what can you do?

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - krystalshores - 10-15-2012

The Falcons beat the Raiders. This is the first time in history we have been 6-0.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 10-16-2012

Our defensive coordinator has just been fired. We have a top ten defense. WTF.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 10-16-2012

(10-16-2012, 10:18 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Our defensive coordinator has just been fired. We have a top ten defense. WTF.

Scapegoat.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Duchess - 10-16-2012

Who da hell is Todd Bowles? I don't know this guy, I'm not familiar with his work. Our offense sucks so why didn't they get rid of Marty? I have a lot of questions & Andy won't take my calls.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - Midwest Spy - 10-16-2012

Tough week selecting games. Went 6-8-0 last week, to bring season mark to 44-43-4.

I have to make picks early this week as I'm traveling to Ocean Springs, MS early Thurs with my wife and I'll be occupied for many days. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Six clubs get the week off: ATL, DEN, KC, MIA, PHIL & SAN DIEGO.

Thursday:
SAN FRAN (-7) Can Niners bounce back from shellacking they took? Can the Seahawks bring the same defensive intensity on the road that they show at home? I'm going with SF.

Sunday:
Arizona (+6) Hate to say it, but I think the clock has struck midnight on my Vikes. A terrible Cardinals club goes into Minny and finds a way to beat 'em.
BUFFALO (-3) The Bills and Titans are difficult to figure out. I'm going with the home team here.
INDY (-3) Indy's run defense has to get better. Cleve got their first win. I'm sensing the Colts regain some magic this week.
Wash (+6.5) The Skins and RGIII head to NY to face the Giants. Wash beat them twice last year. I think they'll have them on the ropes again late, before Eli pulls out a win.
TAMPA (+3) How is New Orleans, at 1-4, favored at Tampa? Bucs win this one in a nailbiter.
CAROLINA (+1.5) Dallas' woes continue this week. Cam Newton tires of hearing about RGIII and decides to turn in a stellar perfomance.
Balt (+6) The Ravens just lost Ray Lewis and a key defensive back. No matter. The Texans are on the way from the penthouse to the outhouse (not really), but they're about to absorb their second straight loss.
Green Bay (-5.5) Feels like the Packers are about to go on a little run. The Rams will offer little resistance.
N.Y.Jets (+10) I'm taking Rex Ryan at his word when he says the Patriots KNOW his Jets are going to go into Foxboro and beat them. UPSET OF THE WEEK.
Jacksonville (+4) The Raiders are showing up once every 3 weeks. Since they almost beat the Falcons in the ATL last week, I'm banking on them laying an egg here.
Pittsburgh (-1.5) The Steelers don't seem to have that same swagger to them anymore. However, the Bengals always feel like their little brother. Pitt pulls out a close one.

Monday:
Detroit (+5.5) Da Bears have beaten up on the Lions in recent years, but I think last weeks dramatic win in Philly has Detroit feeling much better about themselves. Chicago's getting a little cocky. Detroit in a thriller.

RE: NFL 2012 SEASON - HairOfTheDog - 10-16-2012

(10-16-2012, 03:13 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Tough week selecting games. Went 6-8-0 last week, to bring season mark to 44-43-4.

I have to make picks early this week as I'm traveling to Ocean Springs, MS early Thurs with my wife and I'll be occupied for many days. Smiley_emoticons_smile

Six clubs get the week off: ATL, DEN, KC, MIA, PHIL & SAN DIEGO.

Thursday:
SAN FRAN (-7) Can Niners bounce back from shellacking they took? Can the Seahawks bring the same defensive intensity on the road that they show at home? I'm going with SF.

Yes, they can bounce back and will trounce the Seahawks (I hope)!

Have a good trip MS.