Mock
The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Good Shit (https://mockforums.net/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread (/thread-3903.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Carsman - 11-27-2010

Well Holy Shit, today I just received notice for Jury Duty in mid January!!! :O

I will be down South then, I asked for a postponement, hope they approve it! If they don't, ????

Over the years, I have been called for jury duty at least 12 or 13 times already, (loosing count) and 2 times for pitit jury. They call me every "3" years like clockwork! I served on all but 2 juries. Leave me the fuck alone already, I did my share. hah

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Duchess - 11-27-2010

I won't ask how old you are but, over a certain age, you are excused. Many people are scofflaws & ditch the notice. I'm not telling you to do that, that's just an irrelevant comment.

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Cracker - 11-27-2010

I'm a little jealous. I never make the final cut. I sit there all day with a book, make the first cut, but NEVER make the final cut.

Of course, it may be because I mention jury nullification as one of our most basic rights. hahahaha

(11-27-2010, 03:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I won't ask how old you are but, over a certain age, you are excused. Many people are scofflaws & ditch the notice. I'm not telling you to do that, that's just an irrelevant comment.

Yes the age on the form for being excused was 70. I have a long long way to go to get to use that excuse.

And to scoff at the notice will get you arrested in many states. My BIL (in NY) got a Jury duty notice and was scheduled to go on vac at that time, so he said frigit, and went on vac. When he returned home, he said he found a warrent for his arrest pinned to the front door. And his name was even printed in the local news paper as having an arrest warrent out against him. He called the court to find out how he could make the problem go away, he was told to mail in a check for $5000, which he did and heard no more of it. (Expensive scoff)

It was bound to happen, well it's started, body scan calendars, here's miss January!

http://www.calendarhome.com/cgi-bin/photocal.pl?cat=custom&photo=%2Fcustom%2F105832102662242.jpg&format=01-2011&done=1&ps=&js=1&borderl=3&daystart=0&lang=0&tgline=Created+by

Cars, I think you're having a senior moment, maybe you need that waiver after all...You just posted that same comment in your "body scanner" thread.

Well yeah, but it seemd like it got buried in there, so I thought it was also pointless! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

(11-27-2010, 04:39 PM)Carsman Wrote: it seemd like it got buried in there

There is a reason. Smiley_emoticons_fies

(11-27-2010, 04:48 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-27-2010, 04:39 PM)Carsman Wrote: it seemd like it got buried in there

There is a reason. Smiley_emoticons_fies

OH! Oops

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Cracker - 11-27-2010

My xrays. I take a cold coke and my cell phone everywhere I go.

[Image: x-ray09.jpg]

[Image: x-ray16.jpg]

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - aussiefriend - 11-28-2010

Cracker, can i just ask, who? what? HOW? ......why? where did you get those?

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Carsman - 11-28-2010

(11-27-2010, 07:08 PM)Cracker Wrote: My xrays. I take a cold coke and my cell phone everywhere I go.

[Image: x-ray09.jpg]

[Image: x-ray16.jpg]

Remind me never to borrow money from you, it may be shocking to find out where it's been! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Lady Cop - 11-29-2010

RIP

(CNN) -- Leslie Nielsen, whose longtime career as a square-jawed dramatic actor took a sudden turn into comedy with gut-busting spoofs like "Airplane!" and "The Naked Gun," has died at age 84, his family said Sunday.

The Canadian-born Nielsen's career reached back into the early days of television, when he made frequent appearances on live drama series like "Goodyear Playhouse."

He played the earnest starship captain in the 1956 science-fiction classic "Forbidden Planet" and made regular appearances on a wide range of TV dramas into the 1970s, including "Hawaii Five-O."

He also played the captain of an overturned ocean liner in the 1972 disaster movie, "The Poseidon Adventure."

Much of that changed in 1980, when he was cast as a doctor aboard an endangered jetliner in the gag-a-minute disaster-movie parody "Airplane!"
Remembering Leslie Nielsen

Nielsen's deadpan response to the question "Surely, you can't be serious?" with "I am serious -- and don't call me Shirley" helped launch a second career.

The film's producers went on to cast him in their short-lived television series "Police Squad!"

He reprised that show's bumbling lead character, Lt. Frank Drebin, a decade later in three "Naked Gun" movies, in which he shared the screen with O.J. Simpson and Priscilla Presley.

Nielsen appeared in several similar but less-acclaimed spoofs following those films.

Nielsen was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 2003. The medal is awarded to "Canadian citizens for outstanding achievement and service to the country or to humanity at large."

Nielsen died of complications of pneumonia in a hospital near his home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, surrounded by family and friends, a family statement said.

Doug Nielsen called his uncle's death a "great loss."

"He was extremely funny," the younger Nielsen said in an interview with CNN affiliate Global Network News in Vancouver.

"At all of our family get-togethers, he was always the life of the party and a great-natured guy," Nielsen said. "He was a very good friend to me."

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Maggot - 11-29-2010

I can still hear that squeaky giant condom, that sound bugs the shit outta me.

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Duchess - 11-29-2010

Holy Moly!

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Carsman - 11-29-2010

Wow, that poor baby looks like something I once saw on Star Trek many years ago!

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Maggot - 11-29-2010

It looks like he was sucking on his thumb real hard then sneezed. Poor lil guy. ;-(

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Cracker - 11-29-2010

Those parents should have their asses beat. So what if the doctor by your house won't operate? Take him to another doctor. There is such a thing as the Internet. The idiot parents could have looked it up. They should have their asses beat. Their fault it got it this bad. They were just secretly wanting him to die but he didn't. Fucking assholes.

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Lady Cop - 11-30-2010

he was untreated for 10 months! his head weighed 30 lbs. at one point. there's a malpractice suit waiting to happen. i do think they thought he was going to die, so no extreme measures. however, a shunt is not an extreme measure, it is routine and standard protocol.

i should have made this a thread.

the parents.
Dr. Jimenez.

RE: The Newest Utterly Fucking Pointless Thread - Lady Cop - 11-30-2010

sorry, i tried to split thread and i didn't do it right. 22

here is original post #335 again.

the poor baby!! they waited so long...maybe too long, to do shunts. he may be blind and deaf at the very least. or profoundly retarded. if he lives.

Neurosurgeons at a hospital in San Antonio are fighting to save the life of an 11-month old baby born with a rare condition that caused his head to swell to more than twice the normal size.

"Baby Klaus," as his parents and local media are calling him, was born with hydrocephalus, a build-up of excess fluid in the brain that has caused his head to swell to more than 130% larger than a typical newborn's head.

After several doctors near their home in west Texas refused to operate or told them that their baby would die soon, the stricken baby's parents, who identified themselves as Klaus Sr. and Beatrice, found a hopeful savior in Dr. David Jimenez, the chairmen of the department of neurosurgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio.

Jimenez and his staff inserted a tube in the baby's head to drain the fluid and relieve the pressure, and the child's head is already about a foot smaller than it was when his parents brought him in about two weeks ago, San Antonio's KENS5-TV reported.

Still, doctors and hydrocephalus experts said Baby Klaus's had a particular severe case and that progress would be slow.

"It's like nothing that I've seen before," Jimenez said.

Known to doctors as "water on the brain," hydrocephalus occurs in about 1 out of 500 babies born and can cause brain damage, according to the Mayo Clinic's website. If left untreated, the condition can be fatal.

Baby Klaus's parents told local media in a news conference that they are praying for their son every day and hopeful that the fact that he has managed to live almost a year is a sign that he will survive. It is likely, though, that he faces extensive reconstructive surgery in the future, Jimenez said.