Mock
BBQ'S - Printable Version

+- Mock (http://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Funny Shit & Good Shit (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SOUP CHICKEN KITCHEN (/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: BBQ'S (/showthread.php?tid=12507)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

BBQ'S - Duchess - 06-16-2016 01:46 PM

Have you had one yet this season? I know some of you grill year 'round but have you had a traditional BBQ with hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, stuff like that?

Gas or charcoal?

Would you drink a Long Island iced tea if I offered one?

RE: BBQ'S - sally - 06-16-2016 02:09 PM

I grill year round, but haven't done hamburgers and hotdogs in a while since we're on a health kick. Mostly chicken and seafood.

If possible I like my Long Island iced tea more sour than sweet. Extra lemon and instead of adding all cola could you do half cola/ half club soda?

If I was a guest at your house I'd just drink it however you made it, but if you were a bartender who wasn't very busy I'd ask for it that way ^^^.

RE: BBQ'S - Duchess - 06-16-2016 02:24 PM

(06-16-2016 02:09 PM)sally Wrote:  If possible I like my Long Island iced tea more sour than sweet. Extra lemon and instead of adding all cola could you do half cola/ half club soda?

Absolutely! I like serving booze waaaay better than hanging out in the kitchen or at the grill.

RE: BBQ'S - Midwest Spy - 06-16-2016 02:25 PM

We've had several so far.

I'll take a Long Island for sure.

RE: BBQ'S - Blindgreed1 - 06-16-2016 02:37 PM

I grill year round as well. Had a beautiful brisket last night.

I'll just have a Citradelic IPA if you don't mind?

RE: BBQ'S - SIXFOOTERsez - 06-16-2016 10:51 PM

I grill year too, did Burgers a week or so ago. My grill gets a workout at least 3x/week. SS Gas grill

RE: BBQ'S - Love Child - 06-16-2016 11:09 PM

I'll just have a san peligrino or something similar and I love bbq'ing! Veggies, salmon on those cool seasoned bark things.
Propane or campfire.

The kitchen here served a traditional bbQ on memorial day weekend and in fact they grill every Tue and Sat. Food here isn't that bad.

RE: BBQ'S - Maggot - 06-17-2016 05:56 AM

Propane is OK for quick cooking but if there's time charcoal is my preference. Not the charcoal that has the starting fluid in it that stuff ruins the food. Nobody uses lava rocks anymore.

RE: BBQ'S - sally - 06-17-2016 11:10 AM

I prefer charcoal or wood too, to me it makes a difference in taste over propane. My husband got a free electric charcoal starter wand with his Sears card points and I thought it would be a piece of crap, but it works pretty good. It takes about 10 mins to get the charcoal going, but it eliminates the need for lighter fluid.

RE: BBQ'S - QueenBee - 06-17-2016 11:12 AM

Well..I did cook steaks last night. But inside. But we do use charcoal when outdoors. Tater salad or mac salad are pretty much year round things for us.
Can I have a frozen strawberry dacari
instead??

RE: BBQ'S - Donovan - 06-17-2016 11:46 AM

I haven't grilled in years. Never seem to get a round to it.

RE: BBQ'S - Blindgreed1 - 06-17-2016 03:31 PM

For most meats, I prefer charcoal/hardwood, but for some reason NY strip tastes better to me off a gas grill. Cook it hot and fast and season it well with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.

RE: BBQ'S - thekid65 - 06-18-2016 07:49 AM

I knew I liked you guys for a reason, so far everyone seems to prefer charcoal. Grew up with a Weber, and that will be my only grill till I'm too old to BBQ.

RE: BBQ'S - Duchess - 06-18-2016 08:00 AM

Didn't I once see someone mention that there are grills now being made that are gas AND charcoal?