Mock
+your daily weather report+ - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Personal Member Bullshit (https://mockforums.net/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Daily Greeting BS (https://mockforums.net/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: +your daily weather report+ (/thread-4128.html)

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 10-29-2023

(10-29-2023, 02:20 AM)MirahM Wrote: ( Replenished the wood pile. )

Will that last all Winter or will you do this again & again? Are you comfortable using an axe? I'm not. If the choice is freeze or use the axe of course I'm going to use the axe, but they make me nervous much in the same way an electric saw does. There is no room for error and that makes me extremely uncomfortable.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 10-29-2023

I love coming home after work and chopping some wood. A healthy way to get stuff out from the day. This will last until next spring. I got some kindling chopped too. That is the one thing I will need to stay on top of. My friend visited over the weekend and helped set up the back porch too-and it made sense. got 2 rows stacked, which I will do weekly or as needed and got containers for kindling and extra wood. It looks really nice.

(10-29-2023, 04:31 AM)cannongal Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 09:49 AM)Duchess Wrote: It's 66 sunny degrees and it will be another 80 degree day here. The countryside is so pretty wearing all its gorgeous fall color.

You're lucky,    we didn't get much coloring this year.   The extreme northern part of the state did,  but the rest of the state went from green to brown.   The people who keep track of these things said that we had too much rain over the summer (although I can't understand why well watered maples wouldn't change colors).

My area hit 83 yesterday,  but we only supposed to get to the 40's today.   Ahh, gotta love New England weather.

I remember one fall where I thought, "I'll take pictures tomorrow" and then all the sudden the colors or the leaves were gone and I missed the opportunity. 
Last year leaves didn't fall off the trees and stayed on until spring. I have pictures of these trees with leaves and snow-it was so strange.
I am also aware of years where I don't get to see the colors as much. This year is definitly a colorful year where I am and it makes me smile.

(10-29-2023, 08:56 AM)BigMark Wrote: Si senora, mi go from Boston to El lay driving

Yeah, whats up with that?

OH! I forgot, the trumpeter swans arrived this week. SOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING EXCITED! I am going to carry my nice camera around, hoping to get some good pics of them.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - BigMark - 10-30-2023

it feels like my funeral, closing out my life in america.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 11-02-2023

That sounds sad.

It is raining here. Lots and lots of rain.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 11-02-2023

(10-29-2023, 06:25 PM)MirahM Wrote: OH! I forgot, the trumpeter swans arrived this week. SOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING EXCITED! I am going to carry my nice camera around, hoping to get some good pics of them.

I hear ya! They are so beautiful. I had 2 who would come to my pond every year and one year they bought their babies. It was so exciting to me too.

[Image: FGMZeBi.jpg?1]

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 11-02-2023

(10-30-2023, 02:00 AM)BigMark Wrote: it feels like my funeral, closing out my life in america.

Love Child is right. It does sound sad.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 11-02-2023

Those are beautiful pictures of the swans. : )

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 11-02-2023

(11-02-2023, 03:32 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 06:25 PM)MirahM Wrote: OH! I forgot, the trumpeter swans arrived this week. SOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING EXCITED! I am going to carry my nice camera around, hoping to get some good pics of them.

I hear ya! They are so beautiful. I had 2 who would come to my pond every year and one year they bought their babies. It was so exciting to me too.

[Image: FGMZeBi.jpg?1]

Nice swans. All I get is ugly geese and cute squirrels to look at on my walk through the park.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - cannongal - 11-09-2023

Coating to an inch, my ass.  3 inches already on the ground,  and this shit isn't supposed to stop until the afternoon. 

And in accordance with the first actual snow fall of the year,  dozens of accidents have been reported along the highways.   People,  just slow the fuck down until you get your snow feet on again.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 11-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 08:21 AM)cannongal Wrote:   3 inches already on the ground

Wow! There is snow in Canada too. Weeeeeeee.

I have such mixed feelings about snow these days. On one hand I would love to get hammered with it, and on the other, I pray I don't get any this winter.

It's a beautiful morning here, nearly 60 degrees, it's downright pleasant outdoors.

Aaand a school bus just took out my mailbox and gate post.  Since my town decided to cancel school at 7:45, after half the kids were already picked up,  the bus driver decided to back into my driveway to turn around,  not realizing there's a drainage ditch on one side because it's covered in snow.   Oh this is going to be fun.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Duchess - 11-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 09:04 AM)cannongal Wrote:  Since my town decided to cancel school at 7:45, after half the kids were already picked up

That's not the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, but it's pretty fucking dumb. What the heck were they thinking. Jeez Louise.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 11-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 09:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 09:04 AM)cannongal Wrote:  Since my town decided to cancel school at 7:45, after half the kids were already picked up

That's not the dumbest thing I've ever heard of, but it's pretty fucking dumb. What the heck were they thinking. Jeez Louise.
They did something like that at my school. Delayed school one hour and then after I was dropped off at school by the bus, they delayed it another hour. Probably so they could clear the roads and  pick up the more rural kids.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 11-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 09:04 AM)cannongal Wrote: Aaand a school bus just took out my mailbox and gate post.  Since my town decided to cancel school at 7:45, after half the kids were already picked up,  the bus driver decided to back into my driveway to turn around,  not realizing there's a drainage ditch on one side because it's covered in snow.   Oh this is going to be fun.

Holy shit. They better pay to replace that.

It is 32 here, will get up to 44 today. No snow, just rain later today and this weekend. 

And my sister decided she is visiting this weekend and drving over the passes where there will be snow, but not much. I still wish she wouldn't tho. I don't think she is as prepared for emergencies. Maybe this will be good for her.

RE: +your daily weather report+ - Clang McFly - 11-09-2023

(11-09-2023, 10:30 AM)MirahM Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 09:04 AM)cannongal Wrote: Aaand a school bus just took out my mailbox and gate post.  Since my town decided to cancel school at 7:45, after half the kids were already picked up,  the bus driver decided to back into my driveway to turn around,  not realizing there's a drainage ditch on one side because it's covered in snow.   Oh this is going to be fun.

It is 32 here, will get up to 44 today. No snow, just rain later today and this weekend. 

And my sister decided she is visiting this weekend and drving over the passes where there will be snow, but not much. I still wish she wouldn't tho. I don't think she is as prepared for emergencies. Maybe this will be good for her.

I'm never prepared for emergencies and I never learn. I usually wait until a minor issue becomes major. Same thing with my health. I was supposed to get my gallbladder removed and get a colonoscopy but I said fuck that I'll just wait until I get hospitalized and deal with it then.

(11-09-2023, 10:30 AM)MirahM Wrote:

Oh, they will, it just takes awhile.  It's not the first time that mailbox has been taken out.  Today makes either 6 or 7 in the 25 years that I've lived here.    I should put a sign with notches down there somewhere  hah

RE: +your daily weather report+ - MirahM - 11-10-2023

I finally looked up how to make a hot fire and make it last. Holy fuck balls. It worked!

I'm over here in a night gown sucking on popsicles