Mock
2012 ELECTION - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: POLITICS (https://mockforums.net/forum-36.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 ELECTION (/thread-5690.html)

2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 05-10-2011

If the Republicans don't want me voting Independent or for Obama they really need to get their shit together & having Newt Gingrich on the ticket isn't the way to accomplish that.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cynical Ninja - 05-10-2011

How about Donald Trump?

Here is Barack Obama making the Republicans and Trump look like complete fucking idiots at the Whitehouse correspondents dinner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMH9O8t_YG8

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 05-10-2011

Donald Trump is a joke. He's been amazingly quiet since that dinner. Heh

RE: 2012 ELECTION - username - 05-10-2011

There are still a lot of people exploring a run (I've seen lists of more than 10 people who are supposedly considering it) so I think it's still a wide open field.

The leading contender now (of those that have pretty much confirmed that they're running) is Mitt Romney. I wonder what the Republicans here think of Mitt...?

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Carsman - 05-10-2011

Considering to run for the presidency of the USA can not be taken lightly by anyone who may choose to do so. Since if they were to become president, their lives, including their families, will never be the same again.

I don't like Obama, and didn't vote for him, but I do give him credit for taking on the presidency, for good, bad, or indifferent, disrupting the rest if his life, as well as that of his families'. (Always living in a fishbowl)

RE: 2012 ELECTION - IMaDick - 05-10-2011

I would vote for a Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin ticket but only if Rush runs their campaign.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Maggot - 05-10-2011

Mitt is a RINO. But I'm an Independant. I may vote Ron Paul.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 05-10-2011

I hope we have several candidates to talk about & at least a couple who are capable. What a crappy job that must be, it's amazing that people would actually vie for that position. Ugh.

Running a country must be like running Mock. 39

Settle down, I'm only teasing.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Duchess - 05-13-2011

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) announced that he will run for president in 2012 during an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Friday.

I am officially announcing that I am a candidate for president in the Republican primary,” he said in announcing the launch of his campaign from the key early primary state of New Hampshire.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - ZEROSPHERES - 05-13-2011

I want someone who can deliver us from the mountain of debt that's eating us alive.

This cancerous growth could be fatal.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - sally - 05-13-2011

(05-13-2011, 08:12 AM)Duchess Wrote:

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) announced that he will run for president in 2012 during an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Friday.

I am officially announcing that I am a candidate for president in the Republican primary,” he said in announcing the launch of his campaign from the key early primary state of New Hampshire.

Ron Paul is the only one so far that I can say that I actually like, but unfortunately I don't think he has anymore of a chance than he did in 2008. I think he is the most principled, honest and capable candidate, but he's not very charismatic and the average voter will see him as too old and radical.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Luke Warmwater - 05-13-2011

he's a raisin with aspberger's...

RE: 2012 ELECTION - IMaDick - 05-13-2011

I don't really see what the problem is?

It's pretty obvious we can't stay on the same financial course that obama has the country on, not if you want to remain free.

It's obvious that we can't stay on the same course that the country is on with the current energy policy that obama has us on, not if you want to remain free.

It's obvious that we can't stay on the same globalist policies that obama has the country on, not if you want to remain free.

It's obvious that we cannot stay on the same course with the expanding government policy that obama has the country on, not if you want to remain free.

If you want to see your taxes go to more than 50% of your income just re elect the worst president, the most liberal president, the most social program president this country has ever seen.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cynical Ninja - 05-13-2011

(05-13-2011, 11:37 AM)IMaDick Wrote: I don't really see what the problem is?

It's pretty obvious we can't stay on the same financial course that obama has the country on, not if you want to remain free.

It's obvious that we can't stay on the same course that the country is on with the current energy policy that obama has us on, not if you want to remain free.

It's obvious that we can't stay on the same globalist policies that obama has the country on, not if you want to remain free.

It's obvious that we cannot stay on the same course with the expanding government policy that obama has the country on, not if you want to remain free.

If you want to see your taxes go to more than 50% of your income just re elect the worst president, the most liberal president, the most social program president this country has ever seen.

None of that is going to take my freedom away.

There is nothing that can happen to take my freedom away. I'll die with the very same freedoms I was born with...and don't even try giving me that bullshit about soldiers fighting for my freedom either. If you want to believe that's what is happening, knock yourself out but they ain't fighting for my freedom. I friggin' cringe every fuckin' time I hear someone say that. Jesus Christ.

I beg to differ Duchess.

Define what freedom is in your opinion.

(05-13-2011, 11:53 AM)IMaDick Wrote: Define what freedom is in your opinion.

To continue to live my life the way I always have with no boundaries. The ability to live my idea of the American dream. I do what I want, when I want, no one ever tells me what to do or how to do it.

RE: 2012 ELECTION - Cynical Ninja - 05-13-2011

Chances of this tete a tete turning into an interesting debate?, lets see who the participants are.

Duchess - Smiley_emoticons_smile

dick - :(

Abort!, abort!

I'll always be the first to say that everyone is entitled to their opinion & I value free speech but this freedom bullshit really has the ability to wind me the hell up. People talk about freedom like it's been lost. Well, tell me what you've lost? Are you being confined? Are you unable to live as you always have? Just what the fuck have you personally lost and want back?

will your life style continue as it is if the dollar continues to devalue?

will your life style and ability to do what you want when you want remain the same at a 50+ tax rate?

will your ability to do what you want when you want stay the same with 5 or 6.00 a gallon gasoline?

will your ability to do what you want when you want if food prices continue to rise?

you know each of those things are things we have no control over, but the government does, they limit food production, oil reserves, and our tax rate.

you already told us that you have generators and gold for when the shit hits the fan, why would you plan like that if you expected everything to remain the same?

you know duchess, I would like to think that our lives will remain as they are, our parents thought the same thing and their parents before them, talk to your dad about his childhood, and if you can ask about his parents life style and freedom, perhaps by contrast you will find what I'm taking about, with each enlargement of government comes regulation, regulation by definition is a limiting of your rights.

you do not live as free today as your parents did and they did not live as free as their parents did, and our kids won't live as free as we did.

History is plain and simple if a person takes the time to look.

the plans for health care, for taxes on mileage on your travel, the hikes in fuel prices are all designed to limit the people, to decrease our ability to move, and as a result our freedom will be quantified by government regulation.

just like it has been over the last 150 years.