Mock
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander (/thread-7085.html)

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 03-14-2013

(03-13-2013, 08:34 PM)username Wrote: The gun story keeps changing (I thought she originally said she shot him from the hallway but somehow that's changed to the bathroom now?). Holster, no holster, box, no box. The time discrepancies, the shelving. I can not imagine anything less than premeditated murder. No way.

And now enter Dr. Richard Samuels . . . PhD in Bio-Psychology.

Grab a copy of the Jan. 28, 2013 Time magazine and read "Your Brain Under Fire."

It will explain EVERYTHING!

(Including why Travis would still advance knowing he is facing a weapon he loaded. hah)

Article Here

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 03-14-2013

The defense...we're not going to talk about premeditation because we can't, it's just that messy crime scenes often mean ummm, sudden, unplanned, self defense. But our lips are sealed otherwise.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 03-14-2013

That's all for today.

PTSD!

Jodi done gots the PTSD (Psychotic Twat Slasher Disorder)!

Monday, the 18th, at 10:00AM for the jury.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 03-14-2013

The psychologist is saying she lied because of PTSD/denial but I don't recall Jodi giving that as a reason. She said she didn't want the " truth" about Travis coming out. She didn't study her lines, me thinks.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 03-14-2013

(03-14-2013, 07:02 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: That's all for today.

PTSD!

Jodi done gots the PTSD (Psychotic Twat Slasher Disorder)!

Monday, the 18th, at 10:00AM for the jury.

PTSD - what a shocker! I'm catching some of his testimony on Nancy Grace. He makes good points. Jodi's situation and behavior is quite similar to symptoms suffered by soldiers in combat and police officers in the field. Jodi's like a hero. I'm sure it will make even more sense when the abuse expert categorizes her as a battered woman.

I was kinda hoping Jodi's lying and grinding and such right after murdering the man she supposedly loved could be attributed to grief. Would have loved to see a real expert witness, Dr. Sally Karioth, make another appearance.

(03-14-2013, 07:33 PM)username Wrote: The psychologist is saying she lied because of PTSD/denial but I don't recall Jodi giving that as a reason. She said she didn't want the " truth" about Travis coming out. She didn't study her lines, me thinks.

You're right. I remember Jodi explaining many times during testimony that her past lies were intentional and designed primarily to protect Travis's reputation. Sounds like the expert here might have missed that testimony. Or, maybe Jodi was lying during that testimony because she was still in denial. The expert knows where it's really at; he researched Time Magazine and administered a multi-choice test to Jodi Arias. Foolproof.

Expert witnesses have become a total joke. I think the "lying psycho bitch" diagnosis covers all the bases and fits best.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 03-14-2013

"Look, there is proof someone was fighting for their life. looking at both victims, I say it was HER, she was fighting for her life and now they want to kill her for surviving. No way!" Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

Team Jodi. Unique perspectives...

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 03-15-2013

(03-14-2013, 10:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Team Jodi. Unique perspectives...

"Women who are being sexually abused by men don’t even know that it is abuse……..until they do."

I did not edit that quote.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Duchess - 03-15-2013

(03-15-2013, 10:05 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: "Women who are being sexually abused by men don’t even know that it is abuse……..until they do."

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 03-15-2013

(03-15-2013, 10:05 AM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(03-14-2013, 10:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Team Jodi. Unique perspectives...

"Women who are being sexually abused by men don’t even know that it is abuse……..until they do."

I did not edit that quote.

Team Jodi members have some incredible insight. I find myself skimming over there every couple of days for a reality check and to increase my knowledge of psychology and medical conditions. Why just yesterday, I learned why some women don't say "no" to men who ask for sex.

JA Supporter 1:
I missed a lot of the testimony today but did the Dr. talk about the ‘freeze’ response? I believe Jodi was having that response a few times during sexual encounters. She was unable to say “no” to Travis at least a couple times.

Reply: JA Supporter 2:
Possibly. But it is also likely she wanted to say no, but she also really really loved him, and so she didn’t want to disappoint him, and she may have also partially been okay with it because it felt good (physically) even if it did not mentally. Like more of a bittersweet type reaction to it?

Reply: JA Supporter 3:
I think that would describe the freeze response, actually. Wanting to say “no” but not being able to. She did say she was eventually able to say no during the first anal raping because it started to become too painful.

The freeze response is very common and highly misunderstood. It is common when neither the fight or flight response will work, or when both fire at the same time and in a sense, cancel each other out. A person will act much like a deer in the headlights.

Learn something new every day. The "freeze" response. So many victims.

Another victim of sexual abuse, Casey Anthony, actually introduced me to Team Jodi. Her page on Encyclopedia Dramatica (some of it's pretty funny) https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Casey_Anthony linked to Jodi's Dramatica page which linked to Jodi's innocence/support page. I was expecting more satire there and instead got a highly informative and educational site.

Seriously, Jodi and her team do a real injustice to true survivors of domestic and sexual abuse. Still, some of their theories and perspectives are just plain funny.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 03-15-2013

"Anal raping" my ass.

Smiley_emoticons_slash

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 03-15-2013

(03-15-2013, 04:20 PM)username Wrote: "Anal raping" my ass.

Smiley_emoticons_slash

If you get a chance, turn on HLN.

They keep showing a video of Jodi Arias in an interrogation room when she's by herself; never seen it before.

Very weird and very unvictim-like.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 03-15-2013

(03-15-2013, 04:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: If you get a chance, turn on HLN.

They keep showing a video of Jodi Arias in an interrogation room when she's by herself; never seen it before.

Very weird and very unvictim-like.

The first thing I would do in an interrogation room is stand on my head.

Bizarre.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Jimbone - 03-15-2013

(03-15-2013, 04:20 PM)username Wrote: "Anal raping" my ass.

This is awesome.

Because really, what else would anal raping be talking about?

(03-15-2013, 05:14 PM)username Wrote: The first thing I would do in an interrogation room is stand on my head.

Bizarre.

She's crafty; she knew that interrogation rooms have audio/video. I think she was probably performing. Maybe she considered claiming multiple personality disorder at the time of her arrest? Now, that would have made for some interesting testimony.

The headstand and rifling through the garbage was bizarre. But, talking to herself and singing a song about changing memories was even more over the top.

"Goodness, you should have at least done your make up Jodi, gosh."

Malingering murderess...

Video at link:
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/15/jodi-arias-humming-singing-handstand-police-custody?clusterId=167#videoplayer

Wow. Somehow I missed this in the last day or so but Nancy Grace (blurg) just said the defense is submitting over 200 crime scene photos in to evidence? Just now? And the judge ruled them admissible (although that would never fly if the prosecution did the same under evidence discovery rules)?

Whoa.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 03-18-2013

The psychologist is testifying Arias suffers from Dissociative Amnesia and it's usually associated with criminal activity during extreme emotional circumstances.

During this stressful event, chemicals released by the body prevent memories from being formed and recorded.

As the stress subsides and the release of chemicals diminishes, memories begin to be (re)formed and are considered "foggy" or "hazy".

Foggy and hazy memories also occur as the traumatic event begins as the chemicals are beginning to be released into the bloodstream.

Intrusive Memories are the events occurring before the dissociative amnesia and after coming out of the traumatic event: "I remember being chased . . . nothing . . . nothing . . . then being at the side of the road washing my hands."

This is NOT to be confused with Global Transient Amnesia which one might get from immersion in either hot or cold water.

What a tool.

When asked if he still does custody evaluations he says "No" because they don't bring in the money!

Way to go, whore!

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - ramseycat - 03-18-2013

I saw the headstand video today. She IS crazy. But she is also a murderer.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 03-18-2013

(03-18-2013, 03:26 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I saw the headstand video today. She IS crazy. But she is also a murderer.

Dr. Samuels can explain it, rams.

I just turned on HLN and heard him say that Jodi suffers from low self esteem. He says that low self esteem can lead to all kinds of psychological problems. Good thing so few people suffer from low esteem.

Oh, and the expert also doesn't say that Jodi was lying when she told investigators that she wasn't in Arizona when Travis was killed, nor when she claimed to have witnessed a couple dressed as ninjas killing him. Rather, Jodi was simply in acute stress-induced denial and unable to accept reality at the time. Smiley_emoticons_razz

Luckily, Jodi's self esteem has greatly increased over the years. Surely, her improved confidence means that she's telling the truth now.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 03-18-2013

OMG! Martinez is tearing the psychologist in to itty bitty pieces!

This is better than watching Jodi on the stand. Pass the popcorn.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 03-18-2013

Wendy Murphy, just said "bullshit!" on national television. It's okay, Jane Velez-Mitchell apologized. Whew...

I think that Crazy Wendy was actually right this time; she was referring to Dr. Samuels's testimony.

Martinez is definitely pounding Samuels. Good. What kind of expert has the defendant take a test on a blank piece of paper because he forgets to bring an answer sheet when he administers the test? Then, fills out the answer sheet (the one which will be scored) on the defendant's behalf? Then, forgets to bring the scored answer sheet to court when he's testifying. Quack, quack...

I did learn one thing from Dr. Samuels, however. Murder is very stressful business...