Mock
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander (/thread-7085.html)

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-03-2013

(05-03-2013, 07:46 AM)Duchess Wrote:

It's in the back of my mind what the jury did with that slut in Florida.

Me too.

I keep reassuring myself that, as JsMom pointed out, there's no doubt in Arias's case that she is the person who stabbed, slashed, and shot Travis Alexander. So, the chances of Arias being acquitted are much lower.

Still, if some of the jury believes that the killing was done in self defense, Arias could walk or the jury could hang. Very disturbing and scary thought.

Almost as disturbing to me is the possibility that Arias could be found guilty of a lesser murder or manslaughter charge and get sentenced to anything less than life without parole. She should never walk free again. She's a danger to society, imo.

Okay, Nurmi's ready to start his closing arguments.

P.s. Just saw dismissed Juror 8, the man recently arrested for extreme DUI, in the courtroom gallery.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-03-2013

I can't even listen to that fat train wreck.

"Why would Jodi stage a burglary when she could have just taken the gun"?

Puhleeze.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 05-03-2013

As my tax dollars are being used to pay Nurmi's billable hours, I want goddamned eloquence, poise and a closing screen writers would die for.

He started off strong and after four minutes . . . sleepy time!

I believe all Martinez need do is say that Arias believed she is smarter than everyone and NEVER thought she'd be caught.

And this is the reason we have a partial paper trail and a whole bunch o' lies!

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-03-2013

Nurmi is failing big time, in my opinion. Good.

"Jodi submitted to sex with Travis reluctantly because it was a better alternative than Travis's wrath".

What an unbelievable crock; every time the defense slings it, it sounds more ridiculous knowing all that's been confirmed about Jodi Arias via her sexy messages to Travis and her enthusiasm in the phone sex conversation she recorded.

And, yep, even when he's talking about sex, Nurmi's a snoozefest.

Aww, now Nurmi is explaining that Jodi went to Travis's house on June 4th 2008 because, even though he was such a monster, she loved him. "She just loved the guy!".

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - BlueTiki - 05-03-2013

Now Nurmi is calling Travis "sick" after stating that he hopes Travis never knew what a 12 year old sounded like having sex.

He also saying there was no doubt that Travis would have been a repeat offender.

And now he's talking about LaViolette's "character assassination" behavior of Alexander after he describes Travis as a pedo!

FFS!

I'm tired of the classic defense claim: "Since she's smart, she'd never do it the way the prosecution states she did. That's stupid."

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-03-2013

I seriously can't watch him. He's boring as hell.

One thing that I don't recall Martinez addressing is the Cancun issue. I imagine Numbing will say if she intended to kill him, she could have done it more easily while he was sleeping or something. I think she planned to kill Travis IF he didn't somehow come around and profess to love her or something.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - JsMom - 05-03-2013

:Yawn: Snooze Fest........I'm ready for this to be over.

(05-03-2013, 02:31 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I'm tired of the classic defense claim: "Since she's smart, she'd never do it the way the prosecution states she did. That's stupid."

"This trial is unveiling the truth", says Nurmi. Umm, yeah, the truth is that Arias's lies have been unveiled and exposed.

"Jodi Arias is way too smart to make up the fog. The fog is an inconvenient truth", says Nurmi. I think it's crystal clear that the fog is a very convenient truth diversion.

This closing is just plain insulting to the jury's intelligence (I sure hope).

I'm tired of Nurmi saying that all of Jodi's previous lies were to protect the man that she's accusing publicly of being a pedo batterer rapist. Idiotic.

Nurmi drives me to drink, lunch time!

And just because HotD turned us on to the "Free Jodi" folks (thus providing me with hours of laughter) I wanted to post a wonderful and spot-on recapitulation of this trial:

JUDALON HARRIS says:

May 2, 2013 at 12:50 am

i dont think she’d engage intimately w/him then kill him. i wonder if he was being abusive after the intimacy. something about his persona really set her off.

i have a pet i bought as a 5-6 month old pup. he’d been abused so much he snapped on everyone including toddlers and myself & my household. he didnt care that i fed him, he just didnt want to be hit/abused anymore. when i realized why he was so aggressive i decided to keep him. i was on the verge of returning him. he’s a wolf shepherd & is the best dog i’ve ever owned & the smartest too. he’s still somewhat aggressive but he’s naturally calming down more & more. he still has what i believe is a nervous stomach from the abuse b/c initially he spat up multiple times during the month. now it’s every once in a while.

good luck jodi/ms arias. i doubt you killed him just b/c. men should not use women. we are people/humans. amen.

Where does one begin?

(05-03-2013, 03:13 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: And just because HotD turned us on to the "Free Jodi" folks (thus providing me with hours of laughter) I wanted to post a wonderful and spot-on recapitulation of this trial:

JUDALON HARRIS says:

i dont think she’d engage intimately w/him then kill him. i wonder if he was being abusive after the intimacy.

Where does one begin?

hah At the beginning.

Ahh, the talking heads are suggesting Martinez is saving Cancun for closing rebuttal.

*snort* Numbing said he doesn't like Jodi 9 out of 10 days.

Nurmi is going through great lengths describing how it was impossible for Arias to perform the killing as described by the prosecution.

However . . . he hasn't described how and where Jodi stabbed him 27 times and slit his throat.

Nurmi did emphasize some of the stab wounds were shallow. Awww . . . that's sweet!

"Snapping" and "sudden heat of passion" is now the reason for her losing control and thus ending this chaotic relationship.

He's pushed for crime of manslaughter if guilty of a crime.

Weak. Thin. But she just might avoid the needle.

Martinez is nailing the cross rebuttal.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Duchess - 05-03-2013

I'm listening, this is only the second time I have. I was frustrated the first time and I haven't returned for more until now.

Kinda wild how the woman sitting next to Jodi looks so much like her. Is Jodi always so calm, she looks almost serene, what the hell is up with that?

"When you have the facts, pound the facts. When you have the truth, pound the truth. When you have nothing . . . pound the table."

Martinez is back to being his pissed and agitated self. He needs to get back to an objective and NOT personal mindset - IMO.

He's "questioning" the jurors if they were witnesses with phrases like: "You remember, don't you?" "You weren't asleep, were you?"

Okay . . . calmer and less spastic.

Now he's melding LaViolette and Arias . . . "white lie" from LaViolette's school of truth and the pristine white register receipt from WalMart. "Both are white!" Hahahaha!

Defense's "Voice of Reason" = Arias' version of events. Unfortunately, Arias offers more than one version of events.

"Defendant is not a reasonable person. The defendant is a liar and a killer!"

Emphasized the stabbing, gunshot and throat killing went beyond self defense and indicated she intended to kill.

I'm so glad he keeps emphasizing the fact Arias has lied to EVERYONE including the jury.

Again . . . going back to the absence of evidence of domestic violence and the absence of evidence to a sudden quarrel or heat of passion (required for manslaughter).

Now he's going to hammer premeditation . . .

1.) She did it.

2.) She knew her actions would kill.

3.) She planned it.

"A naked guy yelling from the shower, is not a threat."

I'm glad he focused on her lies, lack of evidence and that she is a killer.

He wants both 1st degree and Felony Murder!

^ Thanks for the recap, Tiki! Missed some of this afternoon's testimony, but feel caught up now.

For some reason, we cried a little bit here after Martinez finished up.

Travis has been dead for 5 long years; he and his family deserve justice so badly.

Please let this jury get it right.

(05-03-2013, 03:13 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: JUDALON HARRIS says:

Where does one begin?

I suspect that Judalon was blown away the first time she heard the brilliant metaphor, "all men are dogs" and has since applied it literally wherever possible. 'Effin genius, no doubt.

(05-03-2013, 03:36 PM)username Wrote: *snort* Numbing said he doesn't like Jodi 9 out of 10 days.

Anything less than 10 out of 10 days proves that he's a gullible fool. Smiley_emoticons_wink

(05-03-2013, 07:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Please let this jury get it right.

Something to think about . . .

If Arias is found guilty of manslaughter and gets the minimum, with time served (to date) she could be having cocktails with Tot Mom in two years.

Unlike Florida, if these jurors don't do the right thing, they'll need witness protection.

(05-03-2013, 07:15 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(05-03-2013, 07:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Please let this jury get it right.

Something to think about . . .

If Arias is found guilty of manslaughter and gets the minimum, with time served (to date) she could be having cocktails with Tot Mom in two years.

You're making me nervous!

My mom and sister both think the jury will deliver the verdict that Martinez seeks by Wednesday. I'm not so confident about the specific guilty verdict, but hope it includes felony premeditation and don't think it will be delivered that quickly, maybe by next Friday.

Think I'll just start practicing the law of attraction and harbor only positive thoughts about the verdict and sentence: guilty, guilty --> DP or LWOP.

I don't like the jury stack. 8 men and 4 women. Still, I think they'll convict murder 1st degree. *fingers crossed*

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - thekid65 - 05-04-2013

Can you imagine how bad it would have sucked to have your # pulled as one of the three alternates? Sitting through 4 months of testimony and not help to bring it to conclusion? And, to add insult to injury...you have to sit in the fucking courthouse the entire time the rest of the jurors deliberate? Fuck that.