Mock
The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Serious Shit? (https://mockforums.net/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Lady Cop's Cell Block - Crime Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander (/thread-7085.html)

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - ramseycat - 05-22-2013

I imagine these people are having a hard time giving the death penalty to a woman.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-22-2013

I still want to know why she's being allowed to give these t.v. interviews especially since she's been convicted of murder. I don't recall that as being a constitutional right. Why are they (the jailers) allowing it???? Huh? She should go from the courthouse to her cell. Period.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-22-2013

Maybe the journalist (and I use that word lightly) interviews are counted against her allotted guest visits at the jail?

I've seen a lot of jailhouse and prison interviews. ESAD's probably seen more.

Most of these narcissistic killers who lack remorse love the attention.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-22-2013

She was even allowed to put on make-up, "style" her hair and she requested/demanded that they not show her striped, jailhouse pants. W.T.F.?

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-22-2013

There are some toiletries, cosmetics and such allowed in the jail.

All of those journalists were chomping at the bit to interview her, so she was the director and the star of the show (as she was with her attorneys). Her terms.

It's maddening and unsavory, but not surprising. The previous injunction against post-verdict interviews only came about as a result of the "death wish" stunt and resulting psychiatric hold, if I understand correctly.

Anyway, I don't think Sheriff Joe could have changed standard rules in Arias's case without fall-out, but do think that once she gets to maximum security prison, she'll have a whole lot more restrictions on what she gets to keep in her cell and in relation to guest visits.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - Maggot - 05-22-2013

I just wish more people would see the real ramifications of killing a person is. The trial is done the sentencing will happen but will people see the end product enough to double think before they murder? It's glorified in quite a few movies. I've always thought death sentences should be televised.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-23-2013

(05-22-2013, 08:41 PM)Maggot Wrote: I just wish more people would see the real ramifications of killing a person is. The trial is done the sentencing will happen but will people see the end product enough to double think before they murder? It's glorified in quite a few movies. I've always thought death sentences should be televised.

Hearing the victim impact statements, along with seeing the crime scene and autopsy photos, makes it difficult for me to ever lose sight of the long-lasting devastation caused by murderers like Jodi Arias. No matter how much circus activity is going on during the trial and/or in the media.

Killers, like Arias, who plan their crimes in advance and show no remorse after-the-fact are the scariest, to me. I don't know if anything could ever fix them; they seem to either like causing devastation or just don't care.

I understand what you're saying though and do think some good can come out of cases likes this playing out on the public stage. For example, someone who has severe anger management problems or fantasizes about violence might be influenced to seek help before they go too far. Likewise, a case like this might influence someone who is involved with a manipulator whose behavior is stalkerish or just "off" to remove themselves from the relationship completely (or take legal action) rather than trying to placate. That may be more of a hope than a belief on my part, though.

Hoping for a unanimous verdict before the long weekend begins.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-23-2013

Anybody know what the jury question was? I can't listen right now.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - HairOfTheDog - 05-23-2013

(05-23-2013, 02:56 PM)username Wrote: Anybody know what the jury question was? I can't listen right now.

Beth Karas just said that there were 3 juror questions.

2 were related to this penalty phase
1 was related to the guilt phase

The specific questions haven't been revealed; sealed.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - username - 05-23-2013

Something appears to be happening. Pass the popcorn.

So, media is reporting "activity in the courtroom!". Of course, they did that again today when four jurors went to get food from the cafeteria too.

Word is, if this is another juror question, it's different than the previous 3 because the Alexander family is being called in to courtroom this time.

Gosh, it would be great if it was a verdict, but don't think so.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - JsMom - 05-23-2013

57 Verdict Time, Maybe? 17

I'm fearful that the jury is gonna announce that they're deadlocked.

Me too.

ETA: Shit, Nancy just announced that they always "ring a bell" when there's a verdict. They haven't done that.

RE: The Jodi Arias Trial--Fatal Attraction – The Murder of Travis Alexander - JsMom - 05-23-2013

(05-23-2013, 07:13 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I'm fearful that the jury is gonna announce that they're deadlocked.

If the above, is the case, this is going to suck. :/ I feel for the Alexander family. I know this has got to be horribly stressful.

The bitch is upset....Boo-Fuckin'-Hoo

Jodi "appears upset". Boo-hoo, she might have to face another jury? Juan isn't caving on LWOP?

Only speculating.

JSmom and I both said boo-hoo. Smiley_emoticons_slash

IT'S A VERDICT!

Whoa! Verdict!

FUCK YAH....VERDICT!

Son Of A Bitch....No unanimous Agreement.