Mock
Do you watch award shows? - Printable Version

+- Mock (https://mockforums.net)
+-- Forum: Whatever Junk (https://mockforums.net/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: We Don't Give A Fuck About This Forum (https://mockforums.net/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Do you watch award shows? (/thread-7402.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do you watch award shows? - Cracker - 02-13-2012

They have to be the stupidest shows on TV.

I understand watching movies or listening to music, but why the fuck do people watch shows about some retards' votes for best music and best movie? Who gives a shit? Either you like it or you don't. Those people made a shit ton of money. Why the fuck do they need an award? You don't even get to fucking vote.

Some companies give plaques instead of cash incentives. Fuck that. Don't give me a fucking award, give my ass a bonus. Then I might give a shit next time.

Anyway, those shows are mindless and boring. I don't know how you people can waste hours of your life watching them. (Same with televised parades, sorry LC, but those are stupid as shit, too, unless you are there to enjoy them.)

RE: Do you watch award shows? - Duchess - 02-13-2012

No, if there is something I'd like to see I'll watch a clip of it the following day...that's how I got to see Adele's performance this morning.

RE: Do you watch award shows? - Lady Cop - 02-13-2012

Cracker: (Same with televised parades, sorry LC, but those are stupid as shit, too, unless you are there to enjoy them.)

huh? i don't watch award shows, parades or any "reality" crap. in fact i rarely turn on network TV.

what do you mean about parades? the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade i had on the background TV? hah that's kind of traditional. i wanted to see santa. Santaani

RE: Do you watch award shows? - Midwest Spy - 02-13-2012

(02-13-2012, 07:37 PM)Cracker Wrote: They have to be the stupidest shows on TV.

I understand watching movies or listening to music, but why the fuck do people watch shows about some retards' votes for best music and best movie? Who gives a shit? Either you like it or you don't. Those people made a shit ton of money. Why the fuck do they need an award? You don't even get to fucking vote.

Some companies give plaques instead of cash incentives. Fuck that. Don't give me a fucking award, give my ass a bonus. Then I might give a shit next time.

Anyway, those shows are mindless and boring. I don't know how you people can waste hours of your life watching them. (Same with televised parades, sorry LC, but those are stupid as shit, too, unless you are there to enjoy them.)

Geez, what a bitch!

RE: Do you watch award shows? - HairOfTheDog - 02-13-2012

I don't watch entertainment award shows; boring, self-congratulatory showcases. Used to watch the MTV, VH1 and grammy awards when I was younger and more into new music, but don't listen to many new artists these days.

I do like the CNN Heroes awards and similar shows where they showcase folks who have dedicated themselves to helping others, typically with little to no financial incentive. They show mini-documentaries and recognize those who not only wish for better but go out and make it a reality. Respect.

RE: Do you watch award shows? - Cracker - 02-13-2012

(02-13-2012, 07:45 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Geez, what a bitch!

Did that hurt your feelings, superfan?

(02-13-2012, 08:11 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 07:45 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Geez, what a bitch!

Did that hurt your feelings, superfan?

I'm a little perturbed that by YOUR standards, if we're not talking about niggers on welfare, or how your son is getting fucked because the Prez is on vacation in Hawaii, that there's NOTHING else worthy of the almighty Crackjob.

I honestly could care less about today's pop music. I switched channels last night when Chris Brown and some sort of synthesizer shit came on. I did enjoy the Glen Campbell tribute. I was hoping to hang on long enough to see McCartney but couldn't do it.

It's okay, Cracker, at least I'll be here to disagree with you from time to time.

RE: Do you watch award shows? - username - 02-13-2012

MS is getting his panties in a bunch over award shows.

So, yes, that hurt your feelings? I can tell by the way you went for the jugular like any woman would.

Those shows are stupid as shit. They are advertisements. Big, long, boring advertisements. Most people don't realize that. Because they are retarded.

(02-13-2012, 08:31 PM)username Wrote: MS is getting his panties in a bunch over award shows.

Because I don't find them worthy.

It's okay. They are made for a certain shall we say...class of viewers. They are the same people you send to the store for a newspaper who come back with the National Enquirer.

RE: Do you watch award shows? - HairOfTheDog - 02-13-2012

MS, if I was more up to speed with new artistis, I'd probably tune in to see the performances. Now, had I known Tony Bennett was going to perform last night, I probably would have turned on the tv and kept a watch for it. But don't think I could have sat through the "awards" portions. I just don't like celebrity award stuff, personal taste, that's all. Millions of people obviously do and I don't think they're watching in attempt to piss off Cracker, anymore than my not liking/watching has anything to do with Cracker's opinion on the subject.

I used to listen to Glen Campbell with my folks. Wouldn't have minded seeing that tribute.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/19/showbiz/tv/awards-shows-still-watching/index.html

Why do people watch them?

Awards shows are among the few glamorous Hollywood events that are open to the public, said Mary McNamara, a TV critic at the Los Angeles Times.

But it's not just about the glitz, the couture and the celebrity.

"When even reality TV is scripted, there's something refreshing about seeing something that could be unpredictable," said Daniel Manu, the site director of Television Without Pity. "You don't know what (the winners) will say when they get up there. You might see a truly human moment from people who are usually ... on point."

Nobody expected lead actress in a drama winner Meryl Streep to curse upon realizing she left her glasses at her seat at Sunday's Globes. And nobody knew how presenters Rob Lowe and Julianne Moore would recover when the teleprompter malfunctioned (by joking about doing a cold read in front of Steven Spielberg.)

"Someone is going to make a mistake," McNamara said. "Somebody's dress is going to be terrible. It's a wonderful opportunity to vent about Hollywood and celebrity culture while also participating in it."

And some people are just gay.

(02-13-2012, 08:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: MS, if I was more up to speed with new artistis, I'd probably tune in to see the performances. Now, had I known Tony Bennett was going to perform last night, I probably would have turned on the tv and kept a watch for it. But don't think I could have sat through the "awards" portions. I just don't like celebrity award stuff, personal taste, that's all. Millions of people obviously do and I don't think they're watching in attempt to piss off Cracker, anymore than my not liking/watching has anything to do with Cracker's opinion on the subject.

I used to listen to Glen Campbell with my folks. Wouldn't have minded seeing that tribute.

I'm not up to speed with new artists. That's not even the point.

Cracker has deemed any award show, or parade (which I personally despise) as unworthy. Like only people like me and JsMom would watch them.

Oops.

I'm giving up now. I've had it.

Long live the Grammys!

(02-13-2012, 08:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Like only people like me and JsMom would watch them.

You should have left that part out...

RE: Do you watch award shows? - aussiefriend - 02-13-2012

I watched the Golden Globes for Ricky Gervais. I thought he was going to be controversial. But it was tame.

Award shows bore me. They do not reflect what the 'best' artistic creation was for the year. People politic and buy those awards. The showing of on the red carpet is as nauseating to me as one of Dick's posts.

RE: Do you watch award shows? - Maggot - 02-13-2012

I would stay up late for the Miss Hawaiian tropic award show. Only because of the time difference though.

RE: Do you watch award shows? - username - 02-13-2012

(02-13-2012, 09:03 PM)Cracker Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 08:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Like only people like me and JsMom would watch them.

You should have left that part out...

Self-deprecating humor isn't so bad. Try it sometime!

You're welcome jsmom.

RE: Do you watch award shows? - JsMom - 02-13-2012

(02-13-2012, 08:56 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(02-13-2012, 08:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: MS, if I was more up to speed with new artistis, I'd probably tune in to see the performances. Now, had I known Tony Bennett was going to perform last night, I probably would have turned on the tv and kept a watch for it. But don't think I could have sat through the "awards" portions. I just don't like celebrity award stuff, personal taste, that's all. Millions of people obviously do and I don't think they're watching in attempt to piss off Cracker, anymore than my not liking/watching has anything to do with Cracker's opinion on the subject.

I'm not up to speed with new artists. That's not even the point.

Cracker has deemed any award show, or parade (which I personally despise) as unworthy. Like only people like me and JsMom would watch them.

Oops.

I'm giving up now. I've had it.

Long live the Grammys!

Smiley_emoticons_biggrin Yep I like parades as well. I watched the awards to listen to the music mostly. I love Music. All kinds to be exact. I also watch for fuck ups and malfunctions as Krakker posted above.

RE: Do you watch award shows? - JsMom - 02-13-2012

Nothing better to talk about tonight ladies (than myself)?

Nope. Kinda tired. And some drunk bitch from work called my phone 8 fucking times in a row. When I finally called her back, just to fucking end it, she said she had a phone number for me because her neighbor is a mechanic. I pretended to write it down, but I didn't ask for the fucking number. I have a shop I use for my cars.

That bitch is still going to be drunk in the morning.