Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The truth about racism
(02-15-2011, 12:58 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: the "waste of time" comment implies one is bored here. or perhaps merely offended. in any case, Mock is a young forum with much to offer. and does not deserve to be summarily dismissed as a waste of time.

it's insulting to use Duchess' site as it suits you and yet deem it a waste of time.

Racists are a waste of my time. I am interested in the criminal case discussion and don't feel discussing THAT is a waste of my time, which is why I continue.
(02-15-2011, 01:15 PM)netsleuth Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 12:58 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: the "waste of time" comment implies one is bored here. or perhaps merely offended. in any case, Mock is a young forum with much to offer. and does not deserve to be summarily dismissed as a waste of time.

it's insulting to use Duchess' site as it suits you and yet deem it a waste of time.

Racists are a waste of my time. I am interested in the criminal case discussion and don't feel discussing THAT is a waste of my time, which is why I continue.

you don't get it do you? insulting Duchess' site while you in fact use it, is tacky for a guest here to do. do you go to others' houses for dinner, enjoy the food, but tell the host the rest of the house is ugly?

(02-15-2011, 01:20 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: you don't get it do you? insulting Duchess' site while you in fact use it, is tacky for a guest here to do.

Thank you but, it's okay. It's more important to me that everyone be able to say what they want with no repercussions. Smiley_emoticons_slash

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-15-2011, 01:25 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 01:20 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: you don't get it do you? insulting Duchess' site while you in fact use it, is tacky for a guest here to do.

Thank you but, it's okay. It's more important to me that everyone be able to say what they want with no repercussions. Smiley_emoticons_slash

i didn't imply any repercussions at all. merely voiced my opinion about rude guests.
as she is free to voice hers about Mock while she enjoys it.

I was going to make a wise crack about your gun but I think I better refrain from doing so. hah
(02-15-2011, 01:20 PM)Lady Cop Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 01:15 PM)netsleuth Wrote:

you don't get it do you? insulting Duchess' site while you in fact use it, is tacky for a guest here to do. do you go to others' houses for dinner, enjoy the food, but tell the host the rest of the house is ugly?

If the people of the house in question, allowed verbal abuse directed at me, along with blatant racism, I might say ... "as long as these people are welcome here, I don't feel inclined to want to visit again," yes. That's not an insult to the welcoming homeowner. It's a personal choice regarding who I choose to associate with, which differs from the people the homeowner befriends.

I like Dutchess. I like you for that matter. I realize it's popular to shit on me here, so that may change. But for now, that's where I stand.
'Dutchess'

DUCHESS.

it's right in front of you.

(02-15-2011, 01:33 PM)netsleuth Wrote: I realize it's popular to shit on me here, so that may change.

I march to the beat of my own drummer. Awink

(02-15-2011, 01:37 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: 'Dutchess'

DUCHESS.

Ah. I confused her with the new Fergie album apparently. Smiley_emoticons_wink
(02-15-2011, 01:41 PM)netsleuth Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 01:37 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: 'Dutchess'

DUCHESS.

Ah. I confused her with the new Fergie album apparently. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Fergie, the DUCHESS of York?

(02-15-2011, 01:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(02-15-2011, 01:33 PM)netsleuth Wrote: I realize it's popular to shit on me here, so that may change.

I march to the beat of my own drummer. Awink

Glad to hear it.
(02-15-2011, 01:44 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Ah. I confused her with the new Fergie album apparently. Smiley_emoticons_wink

Fergie, the DUCHESS of York?

[/quote]

No. Fergie the DUTCHESS of the Black Eyed Peas.

[Image: 515VX1V9EQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

(02-15-2011, 01:44 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: Fergie, the DUCHESS of York?

Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas.

oh, she can't spell either. hah

(02-15-2011, 01:48 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: oh, she can't spell either. hah

Dutchess was the common spelling, prior to the late 1800's, which may explain why it's still used from time to time. Shakespeare spelled it "Dutchesse." Dutchess, also refers to various towns/cities. So, in various context Dutchess, Duchesse, Dutchesse etc. may all be correct hah Perhaps someone here has a thing for Fergie? Or Shakespeare? Or both? Smiley_emoticons_wink

Regardless, I don't pride myself on spelling. Especially while typing quick replies in heated conversations. I do take to correcting people who like to correct me, however.

The fewer letters the better I say, Duchess it is!
blah blah blah. the correct name was right in front of you. the end. instead of arguing all day like with 'basque', just let it ride. you made a boo-boo that anyone else would laugh at instead of trying to justify it with a historical treatise.
spelling is my fetish, i have a thread about it. but for 2011 i gave up torturing my friends around here. hahaha

(02-15-2011, 03:15 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: blah blah blah. the correct name was right in front of you. the end. instead of arguing all day like with 'basque', just let it ride. you made a boo-boo that anyone else would laugh at instead of trying to justify it with a historical treatise.
spelling is my fetish, i have a thread about it. but for 2011 i gave up torturing my friends around here. hahaha

History is my fetish. Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

True, the correct spelling (in this case) was in front of me, but I'm responding quickly, vs. carefully. Much like those who claim to be "lauging" at me. Smiley_emoticons_wink Like I said, the word Duchess has varied spellings, depending upon the context. I'm not wrong to point that out. In fact, even a spelling stickler like yourself, can learn from this insight. Smiley_emoticons_wink Speaking of, I don't recall your correcting others spelling here? Then again, I've not combed the threads looking, either.

My sincere apologies to Duchess for misspelling her anonymous internet pseudonym. All better now?
as i stated, i stopped torturing my friends with their spelling. but in your case i made an exception since you insulted MOCK, in which i am quite invested.

spelling is my fetish, history is my passion. along with criminology.

(02-15-2011, 03:40 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: as i stated, i stopped torturing my friends with their spelling. but in your case i made an exception since you insulted MOCK, in which i am quite invested.

Once again, I've explained the context of my comments using your at my place for dinner scenario. I've indicated that it was your rude guests, that I have an issue with. I think Duchess gets it? However, if you're planning to continue badgering me for a perceived insult, let me know now and I'll leave immediately. Then again, you could just ban me and get it over with in an instant.

i don't ban people unless they break the cardinal rules. i've only had to do it once.