Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The 2015 trivial drivel thread

I have a pillow top mattress and I really love that big bitch.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I've always had pillow tops too. This is the 3rd mattress I've bought in the past 10 years because they don't seem to hold up to my 280 lb. husband. He eventually ends up in a hole and I'm raised up on the other side on a slant. That's why I didn't buy a soft pillow top this time.

When I bought my first mattress as an adult I couldn't get over how pricey they are. Given how much time one spends in bed I don't think a mattress is something you can do on the cheap.

[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I've never bought my own mattress. The mattress I currently use is at least 15-20 years old. Even my oldest brother said I need to a full size mattress instead of the twin size mattress I use now.
What kind of 40 year old man still sleeps on a twin mattress?
Wait, never mind. Stupid question.
I'm surprised he didn't say 'cot from the shelter'.
(07-01-2015, 02:56 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I'm surprised he didn't say 'cot from the shelter'.
that would've been my future if my mom wasn't such a good Catholic woman.
(06-30-2015, 06:46 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(06-30-2015, 09:58 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Yesterday I called the club manager and complained. I said lets at least identify the offenders and kick them and their kids out.

hah

You should do some PI work on this one, Rockfish.

You could get a hold of the sign-in sheet for the day in question.

Then, stakeout those menacing little 3 and 4 year olds and interrogate them when their guards are down -- at the playground or the toy store or something.

Just in case you can't get any of them to crack, take some zip lock baggies and demand a stool sample from each of the suspects.

Next time it happens, scoop the poop from the pool and ask CSI to extract DNA and run it against your samples. Gotchya!

Then you can have the book thrown at the little asshole. Case closed.

Well, HotD, with this post you have now removed yourself from the list of Mock's smart, sharp-witted good-looking women and moved onto Mock's list of good-looking, dumbass women.
Sorry, MS, but I'm way more interested in being amused than being included on anyone's list or in anyone's club.

It still makes me laugh imagining you making that call to the manager.

MS:
"Hello, Suburban Cul-de-sac Pool Club manager, this is member #574 and I have a matter of grave importance to discuss."

Pool Manager:
"Shoot."

MS:
"A toddler pooped in the pool today. It was gross, inconvenient, and dare I say quite disturbing for MY daughter."

Pool Manager:
"Yeah, shit sometimes happens."

MS:
"It's happened not once, but twice!!! I demand that surveillance be established so the dirty little bastard and his family can be identified, publicly shamed in the SCPC email newsletter, and kicked out of the club!!!!

Pool Manager:
"I'll get right on that as soon as I finish investigating several complaints about a leering middle-aged pervert with piercing blue eyes who's been creeping-out all the hot moms, sir. You have yourself a nice day now."

MS:
"Shit."..........Click.
(06-30-2015, 09:06 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Took my daughter to our LifeTime outdoor pool yesterday. It's a big reason we keep our membership; to enjoy the pool during summer.

Well, for the second time in three weeks some toddler shit in the pool 5 minutes after we sat down. It then takes an hour or so to clean and sterilize the water (while everyone is kicked out).

Very frustrating.
No way that water was safe to swim in after an hour MS. It takes at least 24 hours to cycle all of the water through the filter and if it was my pool, I'd do a 24 hour shock as well to eliminate the bacteria in the filter. You and your family swam in a cess pool.
(07-01-2015, 05:52 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(06-30-2015, 09:06 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Took my daughter to our LifeTime outdoor pool yesterday. It's a big reason we keep our membership; to enjoy the pool during summer.

Well, for the second time in three weeks some toddler shit in the pool 5 minutes after we sat down. It then takes an hour or so to clean and sterilize the water (while everyone is kicked out).

Very frustrating.
No way that water was safe to swim in after an hour MS. It takes at least 24 hours to cycle all of the water through the filter and if it was my pool, I'd do a 24 hour shock as well to eliminate the bacteria in the filter. You and your family swam in a cess pool.

Thanks BG for your concern but we left.
(07-01-2015, 06:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Thanks BG for your concern but we left.

I would imagine the pool was an empty place after the floater was found.
(07-01-2015, 06:19 PM)Jimbone Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 06:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Thanks BG for your concern but we left.

I would imagine the pool was an empty place after the floater was found.

It appeared as though many people were going to hang around.

We only get a handful of nice summer days a year so that adds to the frustration with the parents of these kids.

Regardless of HotD's condescension, these idiots affect 100+ people every time it happens.
(07-01-2015, 05:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Sorry, MS, but I'm way more interested in being amused than being included on anyone's list or in anyone's club.

It still makes me laugh imagining you making that call to the manager.

MS:
"Hello, Suburban Cul-de-sac Pool Club manager, this is member #574 and I have a matter of grave importance to discuss."

Pool Manager:
"Shoot."

MS:
"A toddler pooped in the pool today. It was gross, inconvenient, and dare I say quite disturbing for MY daughter."

Pool Manager:
"Yeah, shit sometimes happens."

MS:
"It's happened not once, but twice!!! I demand that surveillance be established so the dirty little bastard and his family can be identified, publicly shamed in the SPC email newsletter, and kicked out of the club!!!!

Pool Manager:
"I'll get right on that as soon as I finish investigating several complaints about a leering middle-aged pervert with piercing blue eyes who's been creeping-out all the hot moms, sir. You have yourself a nice day now."

MS:
"Shit."..........Click.
Lmao!
I'm just playing with you MS.

It's a hilarious first world problem to me, for whatever reason.

In all seriousness, I'm glad that you and the other sunbathers survived the traumatic situation and hope you don't have to deal with that shit again.
(07-01-2015, 06:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 05:52 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Very frustrating.

Thanks BG for your concern but we left.
Good call. That's especially dangerous because kids open their eyes under water and parents usually attribute the eye irritation to the chlorine when in fact the kid has a bacterial infection. I would't swim or let my kids swim in public pools. They're disgusting. Most people assume that the high level of chlorine makes it safe. It doesn't and it isn't...
(07-01-2015, 06:22 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: It appeared as though many people were going to hang around.

We only get a handful of nice summer days a year so that adds to the frustration with the parents of these kids.

Regardless of HotD's condescension, these idiots affect 100+ people every time it happens.

That's crazy.

When we had the kids at Disney, a kid threw up in the pool. That place cleared out like the pool was filled with ebola. We wouldn't let the kids in until the next evening.
Community/public pools are filled with shit; more than half of them.

Even when you don't see it, it's there.

http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/51...public.htm
(07-01-2015, 06:40 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Community/public pools are filled with shit; more than half of them.

Even when you don't see it, it's there.

http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/51...public.htm
Filthy.