(09-11-2015, 06:19 PM)crash Wrote: [Image: 5TmPDnY.jpg]

Ramsey and FU leave for their honeymoon in 2043

hah
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies

Looks like the foot healed! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Hot D, have you seen this house? I don't have a reason for asking other than curiosity. It's gorgeous with a fantastic view. I know it's sorta kinda in your general area.

[Image: 2C3FD72400000578-3232479-image-a-30_1442118747994.jpg]
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

Oh Hell no, I am the rider, not the passenger.
(09-13-2015, 11:32 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Hot D, have you seen this house? I don't have a reason for asking other than curiosity. It's gorgeous with a fantastic view. I know it's sorta kinda in your general area.

[Image: 2C3FD72400000578-3232479-image-a-30_1442118747994.jpg]

That's one of my vacation homes.
(09-13-2015, 11:48 AM)sally Wrote: That's one of my vacation homes.

The cost of living there is the highest I've ever seen and the property values blow my mind. They are getting a million plus for property that wouldn't sell for $300,000 on the East Coast.
Property values across the nation always blow my mind Duch. We have a two story , 4 bedroom , 2 bathroom, w/ full basement , and a two and 12 car garage. Sitting on 5.5 acres of yard, that we rent out for $550.00 a month. We rent the other 90 acres out to a farmer for crop grounds that surround that farm. Closest neighbor is about a mile away. Put that same setup by Chicago and I bet it would double the price.
(09-13-2015, 12:31 PM)F.U. Wrote: We have a two story , 4 bedroom , 2 bathroom, w/ full basement , and a two and 12 car garage. Sitting on 5.5 acres of yard, that we rent out for $550.00 a month.

Wow! My jaw dropped when I read that. Someone is getting a hell of a deal.
It sounds like it, but out here in nowhere IA that's premium price. In town where everything is section 8, now that's where the $ is.
(09-13-2015, 12:31 PM)F.U. Wrote: Property values across the nation always blow my mind Duch. We have a two story , 4 bedroom , 2 bathroom, w/ full basement , and a two and 12 car garage. Sitting on 5.5 acres of yard, that we rent out for $550.00 a month. We rent the other 90 acres out to a farmer for crop grounds that surround that farm. Closest neighbor is about a mile away. Put that same setup by Chicago and I bet it would double the price.

That is a damn good deal. I have a 2 bdrm 2 bath house on a small lot that I rent out for $850.00 a month. And when the lease is up the property management I use suggested to increase it to $950.00.

But if I sold that house I'd be lucky to get $70,000 for it so it's better to just rent it out.
Location location location. We are 30 miles from a decent town and surrounded by cows and corn so few want to live this far out .
I cant remember where you Ladies are , but that will have a lot to do with this.
It's in a nice neighborhood, but if you cross the street a few blocks down you'll be in the ghetto. I inherited it from my grandparents along with a few other properties, but unfortunately my grandpa liked to buy real estate on Vermont and Oriental Ave. instead of Marvin Gardens and Park Place. But hey, I'm not bitching.
Sal, if you lived in my neighbourhood I would hang out at your joint all the time. Not because of your house, because I think you would be the coolest, funniest person to hang with. I think Duch would be there too.

Addit: Duch, that house that you posted reminded me of how LC would find all this cool stuff and post amazing pictures.
You lucky girl Sally!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Jfc, I'm not investing in any property in the U.S. Probably the worst of my rental properties is a shitbox 3br weatherboard place in a rural town of <10000 people and it rents for $1400 a month at a 6% return after outgoings.
Come on Crash, be honest, it's a mining town and overpriced rentals. He is not telling you guys the full truth about the rental properties here in Oz.

We have some great places here, you should check it out. The prices are going up but no way as high as some of the others.
Nope. I don't buy in mining towns. I don't like the peaks and troughs. And to be honest, if you were only getting those numbers in a mining town, you wouldn't be broadcasting it.
You are hardly broadcasting it in here. Some of those places up in Darwin are dirt cheap.....and with good reason. You wouldn't catch me up there.
Darwin would be a great place if it didn't have such a drinking culture. But there's bugger all work up there at the moment. Real Estate has always been stupid in Darwin and the list of people who have done their arse in property in that town is long and growing.