Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
RE: the 2016 trivial drivel thread
This old world is sure going to the dogs
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I have no words.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

I put my car in reverse, gave it some gas and it was like I was in neutral. Fucking hell.
oh oh

I have a CVT and I'm concerned this isn't going to end well even though it worked fine a few minutes later.
I just don't know what to say. Does the radio still work?

Ha! I guess so. I never use it, I'm always listening to CD's. I'm not going to borrow trouble. It recently passed 50,000 miles and I'm within months of paying her off.

The Amish dropped off a box of fresh scallions. They are so strong I got a little teary just cleaning them. I ate one. C'mere, pucker up.
The ones I planted last year came up this spring again I eat one every once in a while. But I just spit on it to clean the dirt off.

In a nutshell, is a 1 yr. old capable of this - getting away from her parents (or caregiver) and wandering across the street into a neighbors back yard, make her way through two fences & two gates that are spring loaded & lock automatically and then finally get in the pool?

This is the story - Story
Sounds suspicious to me.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
I believe there is more to this story.

I had to google how old babies are when they walk and as you probably already know, it differs, but right around a year is average and I surely didn't know they were capable of opening gates. I'm really suspicious of this but it doesn't matter because we are the only people that are. The cops consider this a closed case and her death has been ruled an accident.
Yes, a baby can walk at 1. But to walk across the street and get TWO gates open? And climb up the stairs of the deck? Seems unlikely.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Someone tossed her in.

Just decided they didn't want her anymore.

Unreal.
After a few years gates don't close all the way, still horrible and my worst nightmare.
(04-24-2016, 10:23 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Just decided they didn't want her anymore.

That just breaks my heart when I hear of that happening. I have trouble even comprehending it many times.
I'ved seen some little babies who were frigging houdini when it came to escaping cribs etc, but this stretches credibility. That's a lot of ground to cover and a lot of gates to open. Either someone wasn't where they said they were, or someone wasn't watching for a very long time. Or that ugly third option.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
It looks like an ostrich took a dump on my windshield this morning, its like a full 12" round splat directly in the center. It's very annoying.

A group of middle school kids took a field trip to one of the 911 memorials and sang our national anthem. The kids thought they were showing respect to those who had died. In the middle of it they were stopped by security because they didn't have a permit to sing.

Story