Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Huh. Boehner is resigning as Speaker of the House. Crying-into-tissue
Commando Cunt Queen
Buh-bye Boehner..don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out! hah

I just now saw that headline. Whenever I think of him my first thought is always, man that dude cries like a lil' bitch. Seriously. He's a very emotional man.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(09-25-2015, 09:49 AM)IroningBroad Wrote: Buh-bye Boehner..don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out! hah
Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes the devil you know...
No matter who gets his job they will be vilified, and the beat goes on......
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Different suit, similar result.
The Donald's "Steam" is starting to fizzle out! hah (No big surprise.)

While Fiorina's steam is starting to heat up!

And "they" say, the longer Biden procrastinates, signals he's likely to not throw his hat in the ring.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

He's a fool if he does. He can kiss his respected, elder statesman title goodbye.
(10-05-2015, 08:02 AM)Carsman Wrote: The Donald's "Steam" is starting to fizzle out! hah (No big surprise.)

While Fiorina's steam is starting to heat up!

And "they" say, the longer Biden procrastinates, signals he's likely to not throw his hat in the ring.
Her history at HP will leak it's way into the mainstream sooner or later and I predict she'll get a VP nod at the very most.
Bush and Clinton -- Family Ties

It's interesting to me that before the candidates formerly threw their hats in the ring, Hillary Clinton's campaign wanted Bill Clinton to stay in the background and not defend her when she's criticized.

Jeb Bush's campaign felt that his family's presidential history was something from which he needed to separate himself; a challenge to be overcome.

Since then, we've seen both Hillary and Jeb lose a lot of points in the polls.

Today, political pundits revealed that Jeb Bush's campaign is considering having George W actively jump in to help his brother's campaign. W's popularity is 52%, according to polls.
And........ recently Bill Clinton did a round of interviews contending that the attacks on Hillary were essentially Republican hit jobs aimed at giving others a shot in the race.

Then, Speaker of the House hopeful Kevin McCarthy screwed up by telling an interviewer that while everyone was predicting that Hillary would be a top 2016 contender for many years, the Republicans caused her numbers to decline due to their never-ending Benghazi inquisitions (he's since walked that back and Boehner jumped in to proclaim that the Benghazi investigations were never about targeting/hurting Hillary Clinton).

McCarthy's remarks, regardless of what he really meant, gave Hillary Clinton an opportunity to defend herself against what she's long viewed as a political hit job. She did just that at a Town Hall today in New Hampshire (at the 6:00 minute mark in video below).

She HAS to say that.

I wonder how many millions of dollars, man hours and other resources have been spent trying to wipe the Clintons off the map. It's a great deal.
Democratic Presidential Candidates -- First Debate

The debate will take place in Wynn, Las Vegas on Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015.

Sponsored by CNN and the Nevada Democratic Party, the Anderson Cooper-moderated event will include:

Hillary Clinton,
Bernie Sanders,
Martin O'Malley,
Jim Webb,
and Lincoln Chafee.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Hillary and Bernie discuss their platforms, and getting a feel for the three long-shots.

Joe Biden announced last month that he won't have decided whether or not to run until after the first debate. But the Draft Biden superPAC will make sure his presence is felt with this just-released national TV ad; the emotional ad will air on cable during the time of the debate.

I really like Joe Biden, I always have, he's huge in my little state, his home is in my boss' 'hood and I can always tell when he's at home, there's a massive Fed presence. I don't want him to run.

I know I'm a broken record in that regard. Smiley_emoticons_slash
I heard on CNN yesterday that the Biden family is having a pow-wow this weekend to discuss (yet again, apparently) his entering the race. Purportedly, he's getting a lot of pressure to make a decision now from those that want to support him but feel like his dragging his feet are making his election possibilities even more remote. The talking head said Biden would make a decision before the CNN debate.

I don't know...maybe he has a shot at it but because he's likable, I hate to see him throw his hat in the ring for the 3rd time and lose given all he's been through. I don't feel that way about any of the other candidates but Joe tugs at my heart strings. Smiley_emoticons_slash
Commando Cunt Queen
Maybe he announces right after the debate, stealing any wind any candidate might get... instead of talking about any of the debate responses, the coverage will be all about Biden jumping into the race.

That said, I'm not sure he's got the fire to run. Doesn't seem like it to me from what I've seen.
I might think about voting for Barney just so in the next cycle someone like Putin will run. He is kicking ISIS ass now and it is good.
Not directly related to the presidential race, but perhaps collateral damage given the whole "Benghazi" slip-up: McCarthy has pulled himself out of the running for speaker of the house. The GOP is so fucked up right now. Nobody wants to be in charge.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(10-08-2015, 09:19 AM)Maggot Wrote: I might think about voting for Barney just so in the next cycle someone like Putin will run. He is kicking ISIS ass now and it is good.

From what I've heard he's directing most of his efforts towards the rebels that want Assad gone. I haven't read much about an ISIL whooping.
Commando Cunt Queen