Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Now, Trump is agreeing with Carson that while invading Iraq was a terrible and devastating mistake, going into Afghanistan was the right thing to do.

The problem with Trump's claim: he's on record as insisting that both invasions were mistakes and the U.S. never should have gone into Afghanistan.

Still, Trump insisted to CNN that he never said that, even when the CNN host read back to him the exact transcript of his strong opposition to the Afghan invasion in a previous interview. That's just Donald...

One of his old interviews opposing America in Afghanistan.

I'm tired of that clown and his circus.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I hope he stays around for the long haul. I like hearing about his circus.
Would love to hear him and Putin. Putin, Donald your a idiot. Trump, I know you are but what am I? LMAO !
[Image: 151020113853-jim-webb-october-13-2015-large-169.jpg]

Jim Webb ended his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination at a press conference Tuesday, telling reporters he will consider an independent bid.

Speaking at the National Press Club in Washington, Webb argued the Democratic Party has moved away from "millions of dedicated, hard-working Americans."

"For this reason, I am withdrawing from any consideration of being the Democratic Party's nominee for the presidency," he said.

"The very nature of our democracy is under siege due to the power structure and the money that finances both political parities," Webb said, adding later that it is "time for a new Declaration of Independence -- not from an outside power but from the paralysis of a federal system that no longer serves the interests of the vast majority of the American people."

Webb, who said he couldn't see himself endorsing any other candidate, said he is considering an independent run and will spend the "next couple of weeks talking to people, people I have not felt comfortable talking with as a Democratic Party candidate."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/20/politics/j...drops-out/
-------------------------------------

So far, Perry and Walker have exited the race for the Republican nomination and now Webb has dropped out of the Democratic race. Chafee should be next to cut his losses on the Democratic side, but the man doesn't seem too in touch with reality, to me.

We're supposed to find out today whether Biden will join the race for the Democratic nomination. I hope he doesn't hold off on making a decision/announcement past today, I think the long tease is a put off.
(10-21-2015, 11:58 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: [Image: 151020113853-jim-webb-october-13-2015-large-169.jpg]

Jim Webb ended his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination at a press conference Tuesday, telling reporters he will consider an independent bid.

Speaking at the National Press Club in Washington, Webb argued the Democratic Party has moved away from "millions of dedicated, hard-working Americans."

"For this reason, I am withdrawing from any consideration of being the Democratic Party's nominee for the presidency," he said.

"The very nature of our democracy is under siege due to the power structure and the money that finances both political parities," Webb said, adding later that it is "time for a new Declaration of Independence -- not from an outside power but from the paralysis of a federal system that no longer serves the interests of the vast majority of the American people."

Webb, who said he couldn't see himself endorsing any other candidate, said he is considering an independent run and will spend the "next couple of weeks talking to people, people I have not felt comfortable talking with as a Democratic Party candidate."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/20/politics/j...drops-out/
-------------------------------------

So far, Perry and Walker have exited the race for the Republican nomination and now Webb has dropped out of the Democratic race. Chafee should be next to cut his losses on the Democratic side, but the man doesn't seem too in touch with reality, to me.

We're supposed to find out today whether Biden will join the race for the Democratic nomination. I hope he doesn't hold off on making a decision/announcement past today, I think the long tease is a put off.
Webb again impresses me with this decision and the rationale behind it.
Joe Says No

[Image: 103097427-GettyImages-493591496.530x298....1445444984]

Speaking in the Rose Garden alongside his wife Jill and President Obama, Biden said the window of opportunity to mount a viable campaign "has closed." He has been weighing a decision since summer, but cautioned all along that he and his family were grieving over the loss of his son Beau Biden -- and said Wednesday he knew that process could outlast the window for making a decision.

"Unfortunately, I believe we're out of time, the time necessary to mount a winning campaign for the nomination," Biden said.

He added, "While I will not be a candidate, I will not be silent." Biden went on to urge Democrats to run on Obama's record, while decrying the current partisanship in Washington.

"I don't think we should look at Republicans as our enemy. They're the opposition," Biden said, urging lawmakers to find "consensus."

"Four more years of this kind of pitched battle may be more than this country can take," he said. "We have to change it."

Story: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/...se-garden/
(10-21-2015, 01:21 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: "Unfortunately, I believe we're out of time, the time necessary to mount a winning campaign for the nomination," Biden said.

I'm not calling him a liar because I couldn't possibly know the truth -

I don't exactly believe that statement. He's a lifetime politician and knows his way around in the dark. I don't think his son's death had anything to do with his decision. I think 2 things, Joe Biden would never be POTUS even if he had run and I think there was a discussion to dissuade him from running. He'll play a role in the next Administration. Just my opinion of course.
This is a headline on CNN right now - Conservative Super-Pac Forming To Stop Trump.
Biden may have been the only thing stopping a true Obama hate campaign. Obama is shifty and self centered where Biden is like a deer in the headlights. What could be worse?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-21-2015, 09:26 PM)Maggot Wrote: What could be worse?

A Republican.
I'm happy to hold the door open for you. Blowing-kisses

You so cute & funny. 99
Glad Biden dropped out only because I can't seem to hate him as much as the those that are actually running.

I hate Super Pacs but Trump has got to go. 105

Did they vote on Paul Ryan for speaker? I think he'd be a helluva lot better than Boner.
Commando Cunt Queen
Boehner announced today that the Speaker vote will take place next Wednesday, the 28th. He wants to be out of the position by the 30th.

It seems the vast majority of House reps are willing to meet Ryan's conditions, but the Freedom Caucus (40 Tea Party conservatives) refuses to "endorse" him, which was one of his stated requirements. The "super majority" of them reportedly "support" him though.

They're a powerful group in the House and they'd surely rather have an ultra-conservative in the position. But, if they oppose Ryan and don't have a candidate that has support outside their faction, I think they'll come across as being divisive and working against the Republican party (which they're already accused of doing by some in the GOP).

I think the Freedom Caucus will give a little and Ryan will give a little and he'll end up as Speaker. But, I wouldn't bet money on it.
[Image: 12107777_10154271819975558_4231099630131...q3jcqj.jpg]

Just seen this and wondered if anyone else has seen this and if its true.
I seriously doubt it's true, F.U.

FOX News wasn't even a major news source back in 1998.
So long Chafee...

His terrible debate performance made me laugh and feel bad for him at the same time.

This bit had me shaking my head.

Chafee was a Republican up until 2013.

He was the only Republican who voted against the Iraq War.

He formally dropped out of the race for the 2016 Democratic nomination yesterday.
Republican Debate 3 - Wednesday, 10/28, 8PM EST

The debate will air on CNBC and will focus on economic issues, including taxes, retirement spending, and job growth. CNBC also says tech policy will come up in the questioning.

On the prime time debate stage / national poll averages:
Trump 27.2
Carson 21.4
Rubio 9.2
Cruz 7.8
Bush 7.2
Fiorina 5.4
Huckabee 4.0
Paul 3.2
Christie 2.4
Kasich 2.0

Will participate in early debate only:
Graham 0.6
Jindal 0.4
Pataki 0.4
Santorum 0.4
I watched Carson the other day and just shook my head. I think it may be a Donald and Bernie show soon. Hillary will just cackle every once in a while.
I see Carson is now at the top of the national Republican polls. I don't think he'll stay there, but I don't really understand how he got there at all.

Anyway, now that Carson's in the lead, Trump is jabbing him about his low energy, his religion (Seventh Day Adventist), his lack of management experience... Trump and Carson were pretty chummy last debate. It'll be interesting to see if they're pitted against each other at the debate tomorrow night. I definitely think Trump will take major jabs at Rubio, in any case. So far, neither Carson nor Rubio is really jabbing back.

Hillary Clinton isn't going anywhere, in my opinion. With the Benghazi hearing successfully behind her, uncle Joe a non-factor now, and Bernie having slipped a little after the last debate, I think she's in better shape than she has been in a long time. The only way she's going down early is if the FBI investigation finds some illegal activity or breach of security in its email/server investigation (I don't think that's gonna happen, but it's possible).