Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
I think a part of why he got there is because he has a very calm demeanor and he just seems like an overall nice guy. But I personally think he makes a better doctor than he would the president.
I don't put a lot of stock in polls. They are not worth the paper they are written on in my opinion.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-27-2015, 08:22 PM)sally Wrote: I think a part of why he got there is because he has a very calm demeanor and he just seems like an overall nice guy. But I personally think he makes a better doctor than he would the president.

He definitely has a calm demeanor and seems nice enough.

But, he confuses the federal budget with the debt ceiling, has very little knowledge of foreign policies and issues, doesn't seem to recognize the separation of church and state when he claims that a Muslim should be disqualified from the U.S. presidency, advises the public to rush armed assailants - contradicting LE expert advice, etc...

I agree with you that while he might be a nice and excellent doctor, he's not qualified for the presidency.

I think his support is coming mostly from evangelicals who want an outsider to support their conservative Christian-based views and see that Trump is not really a religious dude.

I'm most interested in what Kasich has to say tonight. I hope he makes his voice heard. He's religious, but I think he's too qualified (his experience makes him 'establishment'), too moderate, and too inclusive for the Republican base right now. But, I believe that over the next several months the appeal of some of the outsiders will wear off and established politicians will gain more support (hopefully having gained greater awareness of the public's intolerance for bullshit as usual).
I agree that Dr. Ben Carson has a cool, calm demeanor unlike many politicians today and I would go to him for shoulder surgery, but he does not have the experience to be President and think he should just stick to being a good surgeon.

He has the usual conservation views you would expect from someone who represents the Republicans.....nothing shocking there, however, his antiquated views on abortion really gets my dander up.....First of all, when will Government get their collective noses out of women's reproductive issues, etc. I hear people bitching about big Gov't getting involved too much in our lives, but sit still when the politicians start dictating and controlling circumstances under which you should be able to have a pregnancy terminated.

This is never an easy decision for anyone, and it is rarely done because a women or girl hates kids, it happens for a variety of reasons.....Very often, it is the male species who run off and leave the girl/woman alone with a unplanned pregnancy...Men have never IMO taken enough responsibility for birth control....Well, I am getting off track again, so back to Dr. Carson. He says if he is President, even a woman/girl who has been raped or a victim of incest will not be able to terminate her pregnancy.....say what?? Once again, we have a male politician telling one half of the population what they can do with their bodies. That is bull shit.

I did read recently that it is still legal and "on the books" that it is O.K. to have sex with a horse in 23 states, but that pot is only legal (for recreation) in 3 states, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado. Who knew? I know we are beating a lot of dead horses but there you are....Beat_deadhorse
(10-28-2015, 04:28 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: . . . I would go to him for shoulder surgery, but he does not have the experience to be President and think he should just stick to being a good surgeon.

Sweetie . . . he was a neurosurgeon . . . NOT an orthopedic surgeon.

However, I agree he'd be better at shoulder surgery than Hillary.
(10-28-2015, 04:44 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 04:28 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: . . . I would go to him for shoulder surgery, but he does not have the experience to be President and think he should just stick to being a good surgeon.

Sweetie . . . he was a neurosurgeon . . . NOT an orthopedic surgeon.

However, I agree he'd be better at shoulder surgery than Hillary.

hahhah
Thanks Tiki, I might have a real problem if I went to him for shoulder surgery, when in fact, I needed a brain scan or whatever......Blowing-kisses
Lindsay Graham is an entertaining mofo and I agree with a few of his platform points. I hope he breaks out and makes it to the next prime time debate.

He's detailed and not just taking the same position as the other Republican candidates and espousing it differently.

CNBC, on the other hand, sucked in its early moderation of the low tier debate, in my opinion. I hope the moderation for tonight's prime time debate is better.
(10-28-2015, 07:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Lindsay Graham is an entertaining mofo and I agree with a few of his platform points.

I believe you thought I was patronizing you when I stated I listened to the first debates instead of watching. I wasn't.

Tonight, I break my "listening only" rule and have the tube on so the ladies will have an opportunity to spout their positions and "drunken back-talk" the candidates.

So I intermittently was watching the Kid's Table debate and was horrified how effing short Lindsay is!

I swear . . . he looks like an old-school, gay, ventriloquist's dummy.

Creepy!
I don't remember thinking you were patronizing me. But, if you were, put up your dukes (and stand in line)!

Graham truly does look like an old-school gay, ventriloquist's dummy; right down to his eyes seemingly getting stuck sometimes.

I wouldn't hump the man, but I think he's a better, more qualified candidate than the current poll numbers reflect in the very crowded GOP race.

I'd kick oily, vampire, transvestite-looking Ted Cruz to the curb for that smart dummy Graham any old day.
I would totally hump Rubio though (if he were single, an more bi-partisan).
I don't like Fiorina very much, but she is a really kick-ass orator.
Ok, now I'm really liking those same CNBC moderators. We're hearing a lot more from the candidates than them in this debate.

I like Kasich, but he had the spotlight and even though he was passionate and articulate, he looked nervous and later a little rattled by Trump. Not a good look for a presidential hopeful.
The screaming male moderator is a real trip though.
(10-28-2015, 09:04 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: The screaming male moderator is a real trip though.

Hahahaha!

My Mum just asked is he angry, nervous or is this his normal style?

Added: I loved Rubio's exchange regarding his absence from the Senate during votes.

I want Bush out.
Looks like the screamer was just a guest questioner. Too bad. He was hilarious.
I think Trump is doing pretty well.

Not Huckabee. I think he's ready to have a fork stuck in him.

I could be biased though. I've come to really disrespect the man in the time since the first Republican debate.
Rand kinda reminds me of Woody Woodpecker.

He's a bit of a dramatic bitch at times too.

But, sometimes I think he's the only one who's right and most people don't even know it. He's still my love/hate candidate.
I gotta tell you, Trump's closing relating the "new" debate was due to his negotiation skills was slick.

One thing I noticed . . . the candidates defended each other . . . except for a few select moments . . .and remained united.
(10-28-2015, 09:08 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I want Bush out.

Bush was totally forgettable.

Kasich secured (elbowed in) a lot of time tonight; I was glad to see that. I like his qualifications and ability to work with both parties. Plus, he has good budget/fiscal management experience in his previous time in Congress and as governor of Ohio. I just wish he came across as more confident. I'm not giving up on him though.

Carson honestly seems sedated and somehow off to me.

I like parts of Chris Christie's platform, but I've kinda given up on him.

I don't like Trump or Fiorina, but I think they both did well addressing their questions.

Rubio was sharp and atriculate as usual, but somehow there's something missing so far (besides his ass in the Senate voting chair). I'd still hump him, with conditions, however.
(10-28-2015, 07:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Lindsay Graham is an entertaining mofo and I agree with a few of his platform points. I hope he breaks out and makes it to the next prime time debate.

He's detailed and not just taking the same position as the other Republican candidates and espousing it differently.

CNBC, on the other hand, sucked in its early moderation of the low tier debate, in my opinion. I hope the moderation for tonight's prime time debate is better.

I like him and agree with what he said in this article. Carson is likeable and Trump is funny, but they're both crazy bastards. I'd take Trump over Carson any day though, however. This is also the first I heard about Carson trying to kill one of his classmates hah.

Long-shot candidate Lindsey Graham is confused about why he’s trailing Donald Trump and Ben Carson in the Republican presidential race.

“How am I losing to these people?” Graham asked Monday on MSNBC’s Morning Joe.

Graham cited Trump’s bombastic style and Carson’s admission that he once tried to stab a classmate during his teenage years.

Or, as the South Carolina senator put it: “On our side, you’ve got the No. 2 guy tried to kill someone at 14, and the No. 1 is high energy and crazy as hell.”

Graham added: “Just look at Donald Trump’s foreign policy. What is it?”

As for Carson, who has overtaken Trump in Iowa polls, Graham praised the retired neurosurgeon as a person but said he lacks the experience to be commander-in-chief.

“Dr. Carson is a fine man,” Graham told MSNBC. “But his foreign policy is hard for me to follow.”

Graham, meanwhile, languishes at the bottom of most Republican polls.