Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
(10-28-2015, 10:10 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Rand kinda reminds me of Woody Woodpecker.

He's a bit of a dramatic bitch at times too.

But, sometimes I think he's the only one who's right and most people don't even know it. He's still my love/hate candidate.

I find him to be the most rational, but he is a bitch. Nothing about him spells tough.
(10-28-2015, 10:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Carson honestly seems sedated and somehow off to me.

He definitely seems sedated and off, sometimes he even talks with his eyes closed. I know I said he seems like a nice guy, but that didn't mean I want him to be the president. Normally I don't care much about the candidates and I've never said if so and so is elected I'm moving out of the country like you here a bunch of idiots say, but if this guy were elected president I might actually be a little worried.
Carson reminds me of the guy that does the voice of Elmo.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(10-29-2015, 12:52 PM)sally Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 10:30 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Carson honestly seems sedated and somehow off to me.

He definitely seems sedated and off, sometimes he even talks with his eyes closed. I know I said he seems like a nice guy, but that didn't mean I want him to be the president. Normally I don't care much about the candidates and I've never said if so and so is elected I'm moving out of the country like you here a bunch of idiots say, but if this guy were elected president I might actually be a little worried.

Yeah, I'd vote for Trump before I'd vote for Carson for the same reasons.

I might vote for Trump over Cruz and Huckabee too, if those were my only choices.

That's not to say that I think Trump is a reasonable candidate, at all. I just think there are a few even worse ones in the running at this time.

Cruz and Huckabee are both good at articulating their points and seem passionate in their views, but their views are so conservative and religion-based that I don't believe either has the ability to work towards the good of all the people. They both rub me way wrong.
(10-28-2015, 10:28 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: I gotta tell you, Trump's closing relating the "new" debate was due to his negotiation skills was slick.

One thing I noticed . . . the candidates defended each other . . . except for a few select moments . . .and remained united.

I wonder if what Trump said about him negotiating a shorter debate last minute was true? I'll have to check. Either way, it probably played well with much of the audience.

The candidates went after each other much less last night than in the first two debates, for sure. Jeb really can't throw a verbal punch. He's tried to hit both Trump and Rubio and ended up looking like the loser each time.

The candidates were definitely united against the media - they all took turns kicking it. The media kinda took Hillary's place in that regard; I only noticed Fiorina and Huckabee using their time to bash Clinton this time out.
It looks like Trump wasn't lying about the debate time negotiation, but neither was the moderator who challenged him on it.

How to break this disagreement? By going to the fossil record. Here’s a Sept. 30 press release from CNBC announcing the terms of the debate. The money line comes in the middle of the release: “Those candidates will take the stage at 8PM ET for two hours of debate.”

Bold text added for a reason: Cable news press releases are careful with their language. “Two hours of debate” was CNBC’s way of saying that the actual debate time — that is, the time that the candidates spent chatting onstage — was to be two hours, meaning that commercial breaks and other nonsense would be in addition to that allotment. Pressure from Trump and fellow candidate Dr. Ben Carson reportedly succeeded in pushing CNBC back on that plan. But they were arguing over about 10-15 minutes, in all. An CNBC spokesperson confirmed the initial plan was for 2 hours of debate time plus 14 minutes of commercial time. Republican National Committee Communications Director Sean Spicer confirmed in mid-October that the discussion centered on “[t]wo hours of debate time versus two hours total.”
Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/eri...bc-debate/

Some of the bold claims, allegations, and denials tossed out by the candidates last night were fact checked. Rubio was the only one whose reviewed claims were rated 'truth'. Source: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/...bc-debate/
I would have to admit Rubio seems to be the Einstein of the group, but I like Trumps non politically correct discussions. He's right when he says "We all like to talk the talk" hah
I like some of what Rubio says, but when he talks he reminds me of a little, hot headed dictator. Maybe that's why HotD wants to bump uglies with him.
hah

I don't really want to have sex with Rubio.

But, I do think he's a smart, attractive man -- I'd pick him in a heartbeat if I had to choose one of presidential candidates to bump uglies with.

He doesn't strike me as dictatorial, but he does seem very driven and hungry.
You can admit it, it's ok.

Duchess still wants to bump uglies with Bill Clinton even though he looks like the crypt keeper.
(10-29-2015, 07:18 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: It looks like Trump wasn't lying about the debate time negotiation, but neither was the moderator who challenged him on it.

Cable news press releases are careful with their language. “Two hours of debate” was CNBC’s way of saying that the actual debate time — that is, the time that the candidates spent chatting onstage — was to be two hours, meaning that commercial breaks and other nonsense would be in addition to that allotment. Pressure from Trump and fellow candidate Dr. Ben Carson reportedly succeeded in pushing CNBC back on that plan. But they were arguing over about 10-15 minutes, in all.

True on the time . . . however, CNBC was also eliminating opening and closing statements. This, too, was a sticking point for Carson and Trump.

From NBC news . . .

"They take issue with CNBC's plans for a debate that doesn't include opening and closing statements, and runs two hours plus up to another 16 minutes in commercial breaks. According to Politico, CNBC distributed a memo outlining these plans that indicated all candidates had agreed to them.

In the letter, the candidates write that "neither of our campaigns agreed to either the length you propose or your ban on opening or closing statements. In fact, neither of our campaigns were even consulted."

According to the New York Times, aides to a number of candidates expressed concerns with the debate parameters during a Wednesday conference call with the RNC and CNBC. In an interview with the Times, Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski threatened to skip the debate if the criteria aren't changed.

But the letter, addressed to CNBC Washington Bureau Chief Matthew Cuddy, puts that threat to paper. In it, the campaign says that "neither" the refusal to include opening and closing statements, nor the potentially extended time frame, "are acceptable."

"Both our campaigns hope that you will agree with these very reasonable format changes so that CNBC may present all the Republican candidates to your audience," the candidates write.

In response, Brian Steel, a spokesman for CNBC, suggested the network may budge on its criteria, promising to "take the candidates' views on the format into consideration" going forward. "

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-ele...te-n445371

Seems kinda funny a "fact checking" source didn't include BOTH sticking points that were negotiated.

Media bias?

I like the old Yiddish saying: A half-truth is a whole lie.
The Washington Post writer was only checking whether or not what was claimed in the debate was true, Tiki. The issue of opening and closing statements was not part of Trump's debate claim.

Trump said he'd just negotiated the 2 hour debate time. The moderator responded that the debate time had long been set for 2 hours.

The Post writer is right. It's true, Trump (and other candidates' campaigns) pushed to limit the CNBC televised debate time to 2 hours total. It's also true that the debate time, without televised commercials, was long scheduled for 2 hours - as the moderator claimed.

Anyway, I like the uninterrupted opening and closing statements for each candidate, especially with so many candidates in the mix.

I see that the GOP candidates are presenting a united organized front against the media (and the RNC) and lobbying for more control over future debate structure and content. A united GOP against a common foe, a foe that is oft-criticized by the public/voters. "See, see, the GOP really isn't so divided after all, and notice how they'll stand up to even their own establishment!" Smiley_emoticons_smile
I think Paul Ryan is helping the GOP's image already.

[Image: b99605894z.1_20151029180646_000_gmpd4t19.1-1.jpg]

Snipped:
Ryan was sworn in as Speaker of the House yesterday, appealing for unity and "understanding" as he embarks on the tough task of trying to heal deep divisions in the party and the chamber itself.

As he took the gavel after easily winning election on the floor, the Wisconsin congressman declared "the House is broken" and called for a fresh start.

"We're not solving problems, we're adding to them," Ryan said, declaring that going forward: "We are not settling scores. We are wiping the slate clean."

Ryan vowed to do his best to take "the tough issues ... head on." Lamenting that Americans see "chaos" in Washington, he rattled off a to-do list that includes fixing the tax code, growing the economy and paying down the debt. He also called for a more transparent legislative process.

Full story: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/...s-speaker/

Gawd, I hope he's not a crier like Boner is.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I'm gonna miss watching and listening to Boehner a little.

He has one hell of an expressive face.

[Image: boehner_expressions_grid.jpg?w=700]
[Image: boehnersobbing_550w.jpeg?1343763893]

So long John.....may your future tears be ones of joy.
Some of those expressions remind me of Deniro
I would have thought the liberals would love him for crying and showing his feelings like he does, bunch of touchy feely fucks. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(10-30-2015, 09:27 AM)crash Wrote: Some of those expressions remind me of Deniro

Ha. I can see it.

[Image: goodfellas_robert_deniro.jpg][Image: boehner-frown-485x369.jpg?cdn=no]

I never noticed the similarity before.
(10-30-2015, 10:03 AM)Maggot Wrote: I would have thought the liberals would love him for crying and showing his feelings like he does, bunch of touchy feely fucks. Smiley_emoticons_smile

He cries like a lil' bitch at the drop of a hat. He's a very emotional man and there's nothing remotely likable about THAT! I don't even like weepy women and on occasion I'm one of 'em. Ugh.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I loathe Boehner.

Allegedly, he's a notorious drunk.

After 7 PM . . . forget it.

With or without Daylight Savings.