Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
(12-04-2015, 07:00 AM)Mohammed Wrote: On a totally unrelated note. I just came across an article on Thrillist about the 10 Wonders of San Francisco and to my surprise those obviously ignorant fuckers never even mentioned our HotD!! Preposterous!!

But one thing that surprised me, apparently you got an area named Tenderloin there. It's where you put your town hall in. Into the .... Tenderloin. How fucking cool is that?! I bet Seattle is soon gonna come up with calling one of their districts Rump!

The Tenderloin is probably the most diverse district in this most diverse city. I've heard several different explanations as to how it got its name.

It's home to the theater district, city hall, opera house.....all beautiful and world class.......and surrounded by dive bars, strip joints, massage parlors, liquor stores, drug dens...

Lots to do in the Tenderloin (legal and not), but you've really gotta stay alert and not come across as a target, especially after the sun goes down.

If you ever make that trip here, we'll have tenderloin in the Tenderloin, drink too much, and take our chances.
(12-03-2015, 04:54 PM)Donovan Wrote: I am stuck in Trumpethead hell.

I've never heard the "Trumpethead" reference, Donovan.

I take it there are a lot of fervent Trump supporters in your dad's neck of the woods?

It's an interesting phenomenon, to me. The more blatant lies Trump spews and gets called-out on, the more it seems his supporters rally around him. And, these are the folks who are presumably rebelling against the political establishment because of its deception and corruption.

I guess there's a sizable portion of the U.S. public (or maybe the human race?) that actually appreciates bullshit so long as it feeds and reinforces their own personal fears and biases.

With each passing day I like him less & less. I really can't stand the mutha. His tone and so much of what he says makes me crazy. I don't tune in for him anymore but there are times I can't avoid him and then I look like the village idiot for muttering obscenities at the television. 78
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It seems the ones running that are the most electable are the ones that are the most unfit to run the country.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I see Trump has gone full retard saying he'd ban Muslim tourists even.

Jesus wept.
(12-07-2015, 06:36 PM)Paulistano Wrote: I see Trump has gone full retard saying he'd ban Muslim tourists even.

Jesus wept.

He says what a lot of people are thinking.
(12-07-2015, 06:44 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: He says what a lot of people are thinking.

A lot of people are stupid.

Not a lot of people have business interests in UAE which has a 76% Muslim population.

Not a lot of people are presidential candidates.

He's a goddamn embarrassment. Fricken clown & his circus act.
(12-07-2015, 06:44 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 06:36 PM)Paulistano Wrote: I see Trump has gone full retard saying he'd ban Muslim tourists even.

Jesus wept.

He says what a lot of people are thinking.

He does, but he never backs it up with anything. He reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George talks a bunch of shit to get a job and then when they give him the Penske file he flips through it and has no idea what the fuck to do with it. It's comedic.
Nice analogy.
I like what Trump is doing to the party and I like what Sanders is doing. When the politicians are sitting on the edge of their seats it always makes me happy. I like watching them sweat and I like that they morph with the tide like chameleons under a rainbow.
Trump is an idiot made dangerous by the idiots who will vote for him. Morons love fascism and prejudice as long as it isn't them being targeted..
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Jesus wept.

Well, compared to his position on Mexicans, Donald Trump is downright tolerant when it comes to Muslims.

Trump only wants to block new Muslims from coming into the country.

When it comes to Mexicans (the vast majority of whom are ironically Catholic/Christian), Trump actually wants to uproot established American citizens born in the U.S. to undocumented Mexicans, strip them of their Constitutional citizenship, and kick their brown asses over the border.

In both cases, I think he's ignorant and shortsighted. And, in my opinion, his philosophies are very unAmerican and very unChristian -- which is surreal to me considering he has the majority support in a party which largely defines itself as "patriotic" and includes the country's "evangelicals".
^ I should have said that Trump has the "plurality" not "majority" of his party's support. He's not at 50%+.

He is polling at over 30% nationally among registered Republicans now, incredibly.

That's more than 10 points ahead of Cruz and Carson going into next Tuesday's GOP debate.
He certainly is in the news more than the others, he won't need any political adds that way. Free advertising.
(12-08-2015, 05:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: He certainly is in the news more than the others, he won't need any political adds that way. Free advertising.

That's true, he always generates a lot of coverage and headlines. That's worked in his favor, for the most part, thus far.

But, it could really hurt him as his rhetoric becomes more and more extreme, and I think yesterday's call for a ban on all Muslims entering the country is going to hurt him more than any of the other shit he's spewed thus far. His "ban the Muslims" spiel may help him maintain his core support group, but I'd be very surprised if the RNC delegates would remotely consider giving Trump the Republican nomination now.

He's getting slammed by both parties in the media over yesterday's comments, hard. I'm glad to see some of his fellow Republicans, including Paul Ryan, Ben Carson and Lindsey Graham, telling the public that bans based on religion are anti-American, unconstitutional, and would not garner Congressional approval.

I sometimes think all this bullshit is just a game for Donald. He's trolling America.
His statements get taken out of context a lot too. The white house is really pissed at his non PC rhetoric. He couldn't do what he says anyways, he may be able to slow the flow in though. I think there should be a moratorium on incomers, at least until the process is tuned up a bit. It sure is making people think.
(12-08-2015, 07:39 PM)Duchess Wrote:
I sometimes think all this bullshit is just a game for Donald. He's trolling America.

He's a rich kid entrepreneur. He literally thinks he can solve problems just by being in charge. He's wrong, but all the rest of the bravado is just to prove he's a big dog in the fight.

I like Carson. Everyone's always saying America needs a lobotomy.
Just like Schwarzenegger.