Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
President Sanders or President Trump..............I would have never guessed it at the beginning.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-17-2016, 08:08 PM)Adub Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 02:23 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(02-15-2016, 01:41 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Did Marco Rubio really blame Bill Clinton for 9/11? I will fuck him up. *flexes*
It goes back to an ops that was supposed to happen when Bill was in office. Bill called it off because there were swing sets in the compound. Turns out the bulk of Al Quaida admin including Bin Laden was there and had they followed through with the strike 911 couldn't have happened. Some say there were kids there, some say there weren't. Either way, woulda, coulda, shoulda, idiot speak if you ask me.

So it was because of swing sets? Really?
Yep.
(02-18-2016, 02:14 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: The best defense for libel is the truth. If the ads are true, Trump is SOL.

But . . . I'm now convinced that Trump is the perfect candidate for the White House.

Papa Frankie declared that Trump is NOT a Christian!

Liberals gotta be loving the fact that the Vicar of Christ has declared him a non-Christian candidate.

Atheists, too.

Pedophile priests . . . remain Christians.

Just like Cuba's Castro brothers.

Go figure.
They're masturbating the "evil" out of those young boys.
Trump is kickin' ass in South Carolina and by a wide margin. How can this be. Jesus. Carson is dead last and Jeb isn't far behind.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Jeb is gone. He quit, he gave up.
I've mentioned it before, and now again, I'm voting for Hillary! Smiley_emoticons_stumm

(For whom ever I have voted for in the past has never won!)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Who are these people that are supporting this clown and why can't I find any irl?
I do not like the clown personally, but do like many of his policies. (Guess I'm not alone)
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

I get a kick out of some endorsements that go out like the teachers union asking all the teachers to vote Hillary, from what I've heard most teachers vote for who they want and if anything they do the opposite of what they are "told" to do. I'm sure the same goes with every other endorsement.
Hillary is just an example, like when newspapers do it. The paper here was all screwed up when Christy quit after they endorsed him. Some of the editorials were down right funny after that,
(02-20-2016, 09:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: Trump is kickin' ass in South Carolina and by a wide margin. How can this be. Jesus. Carson is dead last and Jeb isn't far behind.

Trump trounced the other Republican candidates in almost every demographic. I don't understand his appeal, but it's undeniable that he's in a strong position to win the Republican nomination at this time. I can't imagine what he could do or say to lose support, which is even stronger outside of evangelical-heavy South Carolina. The man has already done and said so many things that would have sunk any other candidate (at least in past elections).

I don't think Carson cares about anything but self-promotion at this point. He's not investing much in the primaries and caucuses, his poll numbers are low, he's not getting a lot of votes... Staying in the race only hurts the Republican party, unless he wants Trump to win and thinks Trump has the best chances of beating Clinton.

I saw Cruz's interview with Jake Tapper this morning. Cruz said that he's the only one who could beat Hillary because Trump's positions on most issues are so close to her's, as is Rubio's position on immigration.

I think Cruz is right about Trump and Rubio being essentially more moderate than he -- who isn't? But, I think he's wrong about being stronger general election competition for Hillary than Trump or Rubio (or maybe even Kasich, if he can survive Super Tuesday). Tea Party politics is not what the country wants or needs, in my opinion. I'll be surprised if Cruz drops out and gives Rubio a chance to scoop up a lot of his base in order to compete with Trump though. He seems more likely to stay in the race until his money runs dry, despite the impacts to the Republican party.
Bernie seems to be popular but I don't think the delegates and super delegates will let that happen. Trump doesn't have that problem as popular votes gains the delegates. I don't think anyone has won S.C. and not gone on to the nomination. But I may be wrong.
The pledged delegates Sanders wins in the popular vote primaries and caucuses will support Sanders. The super delegates won't have the ability to decide the Democratic nominee unless the number of cumulative state delegates won by each candidate is closer than it's ever been.

Anyway, even though the RNC doesn't use super delegates, the Republican delegates aren't purely reflective of popular vote either. In each state, the Democratic candidates get delegates based on percentage of popular votes they earned. But, in some states, it's winner take all in the Republican primaries and caucuses. So, even if 48% of the state's Republican voters selected Candidate A, Candidate A would get no delegates If Candidate B got 49% of the Republican votes.

I think it would be most fair if there were no super delegates and both parties assigned delegates based on popular vote percentages for every state.
Its hard to find a decent schedule!

Tuesday, March 1:
Alabama
Alaska Republican caucuses
American Samoa Democratic caucuses
Arkansas
Colorado caucuses (both parties, no preference vote for Republicans)
Democrats Abroad party-run primary
Georgia
Massachusetts
Minnesota caucuses (both parties)
North Dakota Republican caucuses
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Wyoming Republican caucuses

Saturday, March 5:
Kansas caucuses (both parties)
Kentucky Republican caucuses
Louisiana
Maine Republican caucuses
Nebraska Democratic caucuses

Sunday, March 6:
Maine Democratic caucuses
Puerto Rico (Republicans only)

Tuesday, March 8:
Hawaii Republican caucuses

Idaho (Republicans only)
Michigan
Mississippi

Thursday, March 10:
Virgin Islands Republican caucuses

Saturday, March 12:
Guam Republican convention
Northern Mariana Islands Democratic caucuses
Washington, DC Republican convention

Tuesday, March 15:
Florida
Illinois
Missouri

North Carolina
Northern Mariana Islands Republican caucuses
Ohio

Tuesday, March 22:
American Samoa Republican convention
Arizona
Idaho Democratic caucuses
Utah caucuses (both parties)

Saturday, March 26:
Alaska Democratic caucuses
Hawaii Democratic caucuses
Washington Democratic caucuses

April
Friday-Sunday, April 1-3:
North Dakota Republican state convention

Tuesday, April 5:
Wisconsin

Saturday, April 9:
Colorado Republican state convention
Wyoming Democratic caucuses

Tuesday, April 19:

New York

Tuesday, April 26:
Connecticut
Delaware
Maryland
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island

May
Tuesday, May 3:
Indiana

Saturday, May 7:
Guam Democratic caucuses/convention

Tuesday, May 10:
Nebraska (Republicans only)
West Virginia

Tuesday, May 17:
Kentucky (Democrats only)
Oregon

Tuesday, May 24:
Washington (Republicans only, Democratic beauty contest)

June
Saturday, June 4:
Virgin Islands Democratic caucuses

Sunday, June 5:
Puerto Rico Democratic caucuses

Tuesday, June 7:
California
Montana
New Jersey
New Mexico
North Dakota Democratic caucuses
South Dakota

Tuesday, June 14:
Washington, DC (Democrats only)

So we have a person running for the highest office in the land and he expresses the desire to punch in the face those who protest him. He went on to say that back in the day protesters would have been carried out on a stretcher.

Story
(02-21-2016, 02:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(02-20-2016, 09:25 PM)Duchess Wrote: Trump is kickin' ass in South Carolina and by a wide margin. How can this be. Jesus. Carson is dead last and Jeb isn't far behind.

Trump trounced the other Republican candidates in almost every demographic. I don't understand his appeal, but it's undeniable that he's in a strong position to win the Republican nomination at this time. I can't imagine what he could do or say to lose support, which is even stronger outside of evangelical-heavy South Carolina. The man has already done and said so many things that would have sunk any other candidate (at least in past elections).

I don't think Carson cares about anything but self-promotion at this point. He's not investing much in the primaries and caucuses, his poll numbers are low, he's not getting a lot of votes... Staying in the race only hurts the Republican party, unless he wants Trump to win and thinks Trump has the best chances of beating Clinton.

I saw Cruz's interview with Jake Tapper this morning. Cruz said that he's the only one who could beat Hillary because Trump's positions on most issues are so close to her's, as is Rubio's position on immigration.

I think Cruz is right about Trump and Rubio being essentially more moderate than he -- who isn't? But, I think he's wrong about being stronger general election competition for Hillary than Trump or Rubio (or maybe even Kasich, if he can survive Super Tuesday). Tea Party politics is not what the country wants or needs, in my opinion. I'll be surprised if Cruz drops out and gives Rubio a chance to scoop up a lot of his base in order to compete with Trump though. He seems more likely to stay in the race until his money runs dry, despite the impacts to the Republican party.
It's been my assumption since the first debate that his sole purpose was to sell his next book.
(02-23-2016, 07:13 AM)Duchess Wrote:

So we have a person running for the highest office in the land and he expresses the desire to punch in the face those who protest him. He went on to say that back in the day protesters would have been carried out on a stretcher.

Story
hah What day? 17-1800's? hah

I can't answer that, I don't know. I only know I can't stand that fucking fuckface.
(02-23-2016, 01:46 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I can't answer that, I don't know. I only know I can't stand that fucking fuckface.
If Cruz and Trump were your only two candidates and you had to cast a vote, who would you vote for?

Trump

Russian
(02-23-2016, 03:11 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Trump

Russian
hah My son asked me that on Sunday. I told him to fuck off! hah