Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
(03-04-2016, 12:04 AM)sally Wrote: I don't believe any of them have any plans to change shit other than nigger rigging this and that to make it appear they actually did something without changing anything. It's all guided which is why I don't much care. My life and your life will remain the same whether Trump or Cruz or Hillary or Bernie or whoever is elected president.

I don't think Hillary, Rubio or Kasich's term(s) would affect huge changes in our lives, even if they worked hard. You're probably right about that. Cruz is so conservative, I think he'd try to reverse some of what Obama has pushed through and do what he could to ban abortion and same sex marriage, repeal ObamaCare, etc. However, Congressional Republicans like him about as much or less than they like Obama and Congressional Democrats can't stand him either -- I don't think he'd be able to affect much change.

I have no doubt that Bernie would push hard to make the significant changes he's advocating in his platform become realities if he's elected. Those changes would have significant impacts on our lives (truly universal health care, higher taxes, low cost or free post high-school education for our kids, non-interventionist foreign policy...).

I don't know about Trump. He's been completely inconsistent on most all major social and foreign policy issues, and there's so little meat on the bone in terms of his policies. Just "we're gonna win and make America great again". His team finally put together a health care reform outline ahead of tonight's debate (which I missed); it includes basically all the stump points from Republicans over the last couple of years. Maybe it would work. Anyway, If he's elected, I don't know if he'll make major bad or good changes or instead just get a bunch of experienced established politicians to whom he can delegate behind the scenes while he works on branding himself in the foreground. He's a wild card for me.

If either Hillary or Bernie gets elected, they would certainly appoint a more center or liberal Supreme Court Justice than Scalia, which would tilt the court to the left. That could affect our lives and our kids' lives more significantly than the person who next occupies the White House, in my opinion.

I fell asleep and missed the debate. Did Donald really brag about the size of his hands & dick? My God.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-04-2016, 07:01 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I fell asleep and missed the debate. Did Donald really brag about the size of his hands & dick? My God.

He sure did. He also said yesterday that Romney would have got down on his knees for the Dons endorsment in 2012.
hah "The Donald" punching political correctness in the nose. Now I'm gonna have to watch it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-04-2016, 07:05 AM)FAHQTOO Wrote: He also said yesterday that Romney would have got down on his knees for the Dons endorsment in 2012.

In 2012, Romney did a presser, at Trump Towers, to accept Trumps endorsement.

In fact, he praised Trump for his complete and comprehensive understanding about economics and trade (specifically China).

Romney also praised his "superior" business acumen.

I find it amusing that Cruz and Rubio keep invoking the Ghost of Reagan to push their legitimacy.

Reagan had no Washington experience before taking the Oval Office . . . just like Trump.

Look what he accomplished.

Bill Clinton, too.

The Fox Network is gunning for Trump.

Again, another anti-endorsement, for me, that screams he's the right guy.

America allegedly wants a candidate that will bring both sides together.

What other candidate, in the race, is unifying opposing ideologies . . . to join for his complete and utter demise?

Donald is a unifier!
I like that Trump uses their own words against them jogging their memories one kick at a time.

All these people moving to Canada if Trump wins makes me laugh. WTF is wrong with Mexico or Greece or Italy? I see Baldwin and Streisand is still here after a Bush win. hah
Ronald Reagan was the governor of CA. And the president of the SAG before running for POTUS. Trump has no political experience. Reagan did.
(03-04-2016, 12:21 PM)Adub Wrote: Ronald Reagan was the governor of CA. And the president of the SAG before running for POTUS. Trump has no political experience. Reagan did.

And Clinton was the governor of Arkansas.

I specifically stated "Washington" experience.

My point . . . I do not believe Washington experience guarantees competence or is requisite for the highest political office.

However, every candidate, still standing, holds their respective Washington experience as an endorsement for their legitimacy.

California didn't have a military, yet Reagan was able to successfully revamp our nation's defense infrastructure.

Maybe his military roles provided the experience?

Additionally, now that Mexico has "banned" Trump from their country, will they be firing the workers manufacturing his goods?

Samuel L. Jackson will move to Canada?

Great.

Looking forward to his movies with him wearing flannel shirts while screaming at and beating a moose.

Or clubbing a seal.
(03-04-2016, 12:46 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 12:21 PM)Adub Wrote: Ronald Reagan was the governor of CA. And the president of the SAG before running for POTUS. Trump has no political experience. Reagan did.

And Clinton was the governor of Arkansas.

I specifically stated "Washington" experience.

My point . . . I do not believe Washington experience guarantees competence or is requisite for the highest political office.

However, every candidate, still standing, holds their respective Washington experience as an endorsement for their legitimacy.

California didn't have a military, yet Reagan was able to successfully revamp our nation's defense infrastructure.

Maybe his military roles provided the experience?

Additionally, now that Mexico has "banned" Trump from their country, will they be firing the workers manufacturing his goods?

Samuel L. Jackson will move to Canada?

Great.

Looking forward to his movies with him wearing flannel shirts while screaming at and beating a moose.
A lot of people are "threatening" to move to Canada. I know someone who recently did it. His mother is Canadian. It took him 5 years to get his citizenship. It's not as easy as most seem to think and not nearly as fast as the good ole US. And BTW... He had to carry his papers with him everywhere he went for that 5 years.
(03-04-2016, 07:01 AM)Duchess Wrote:

That's after Rubio commented about Trump's small hands and how everyone knows what that means. Then Trump got mad and called Rubio "Little Marco" hah. Funny stuff.
He does have little fingers. I wonder if he put olives on them when he was a kid.

So, I was bitchin' about Donald earlier, per usual, and I expressed concern that he would be President and someone told me not worry about it, that he has handed Hillary the Presidency and that Donald has done more to fuck up the Republican's credibility than they could have done to themselves had they been caught in their Klan robes burning a crosses. I've laughed about that since he said it. Now, every time Donald gets on my last nerve I hope to recall that.
You know . . . the same thing was said about Truman when Dewey challenged him.

Hillary is Dewey.
My take was not a liberal one it was historical. When would-be despots rise to power it is generally in a climate of long frustration by the people, fear of foreigners or other outside attack, an authoritarian worldview (that means people who like to be ordered around because it makes them feel safe), and a disbelief or dismissal by those who are educated and intelligent enough to recognize the despot as a fool but don't take him seriously. I can point to a half dozen recent examples and never even come close to Godwin's law.

Your boy just stated on national tv that he was fine with torture even of the families of his enemies. Any of you who think that isn't dangerous is a fool.

And @Blindgreed: history also shows us that when a despot rises to power the first people targeted are those with the education, intelligence and willingness to speak against him. Pol pot, Kim Il Sun, the purges in Cambodia and Indonesia and Haiti and Rwanda and Bosnia and Croatia and Iraq and of Course Germany and Russia...same pattern every time. Laughingstock takes power on the backs of the weakminded, and consolidates power by killing or removing all voice of dissent. Not deep-end conspiracy: historical precedent.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Donovan, you are officially a whack job.

Comparing Trump to any of those monsters and the countries where they committed their atrocities, makes you look incredibly stupid or paranoid.

This is the United States of America. Trump isn't taking over in some sort of coup, he'd be freely elected by the people.

I understand reasonable people not liking Trump.

But to compare him to Pol Pot?

Come on.
(03-04-2016, 06:02 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: But to compare him to Pol Pot?

Come on.

I loved it! hah

Awhile ago I read about a national poll conducted under the auspices of the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, sampling 1,800 registered voters across the country and the political spectrum.

It was said that most (if not all) Trump supporters appear to have one thing in common, they all have authoritarian inclinations.
(03-04-2016, 04:10 PM)Donovan Wrote: Your boy just stated on national tv that he was fine with torture even of the families of his enemies. Any of you who think that isn't dangerous is a fool.

Why . . . because "We're better than that."?

Their game; their rules.

They don't play by the rules, yet expect us to honor conventional conduct.

Let's play by their rules and make it abhorrent.

If you're going to play stickball in Canarsie you better learn Brooklyn rules.

Time to break out the Brooklyn rule book.

Besides, you've stated many times that the US isn't respected.

Let's give them something to really talk about.
Well, guess I would expect this discussion on Mock, but think it will be a moot point.

I have strong feeling, Trump, will not win the Republican nomination....something is going to happen that will stop this guy in his tracks... he won't get enough delegates to win or something is going to happen....just not going to happen.

This man is dangerous and I don't think he will be running against Hillary....just my opinion!
(03-04-2016, 04:10 PM)Donovan Wrote: Your boy just stated on national tv that he was fine with torture even of the families of his enemies. Any of you who think that isn't dangerous is a fool.

I agree that it's dangerous for a high-profile political leader or hopeful to advocate such an idiotic and barbaric policy; a policy which would violate international laws & treaties, and force our military to disobey orders from the Commander and Chief in order to adhere to their oaths.

Making such proclamations also sends the wrong message to our allies in the fight against terror, as if the U.S. makes, changes, or breaks the international partnership rules as we see fit.

Such an ill-conceived policy, if put into action, would make whoever carried out the torture/murder of terrorist family members war criminals. I think it would also likely discourage informants from reporting suspected terrorists for fear that their innocent family members would be tortured and/or killed.

The level of ignorance associated with Trump's proposition and repeated public statements in the matter is beyond deep.

I think his advisers might have just told him the same thing. I just heard he completely reversed course and retracted his previous statements in regards to torture and terrorists' family members. I'll try to catch the full segment later.

ETA: Here's a link to Trump's retraction statements: http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/04/politics/d...index.html
He speaks like a real person, not like a PC politician worried about votes. To me it sounded like he was talking tongue-in-cheek, not actually advocating a barbaric torture policy. He never said anything about that or forcing military to violate laws so of course when everyone freaked out he defended himself, I don't see where he retracted his statements on how he feels personally though. Which I think more people find that admirable than dangerous. That's why Trump is going to be your boy, suckers!