Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
(03-08-2016, 12:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 09:56 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: He meets the legal requirements to be President.

I know this. It doesn't change the fact he is completely unsuitable to represent the United States of America.

I am sure that before Charlie Manson became a monster and he went off to jail, he would have met the legal requirements to be President, too. If not, I will apologize in advance.....but there are a lot of criminals and other evil human beings that meet the legal requirement to be President. Legal requirements to run for President and being qualified to run a country is very different.
(03-08-2016, 03:08 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 02:21 PM)Duchess Wrote:

He is a hate monger. His bullshit incites some of his followers. People are stupid and some will view his agreement as condoning and good.

Meh . . . I don't see him as a hate monger.

Just like I don't see registered Republicans and the GOP as racists . . . at least according to Hillary ( who sang praises for KKK Byrd ).

Question: Why aren't his supporters carrying out attacks on these "targeted" and "hated" groups, now . . . at this very moment?
If memory serves me correctly, wasn't Hilary in the Goldwater gang in 1964? A Young Republican? And wasn't she completely silent on segregation?
(03-08-2016, 03:56 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 09:56 AM)BlueTiki Wrote: He meets the legal requirements to be President.

I know this. It doesn't change the fact he is completely unsuitable to represent the United States of America.

I am sure that before Charlie Manson became a monster and he went off to jail, he would have met the legal requirements to be President, too. If not, I will apologize in advance.....but there are a lot of criminals and other evil human beings that meet the legal requirement to be President. Legal requirements to run for President and being qualified to run a country is very different.
Charlie didn't actually kill anyone so maybe you should pick a better example?
(03-08-2016, 03:59 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Mr. Greed, where did I state that he was a murderer? I said "become a monster." If you do not agree with that, it's O.K. I understand.......sigh!
(03-08-2016, 04:04 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 03:59 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:

Mr. Greed, where did I state that he was a murderer? I said "become a monster." If you do not agree with that, it's O.K. I understand.......sigh!
Charlie was in and out of jail his entire life, so when exactly do we think "he became a monster?" In my personal opinion I think Charlie is the product of our detention/reform system, so...

This is gut wrenching...
(03-08-2016, 03:50 PM)blueberryhill Wrote: He is a hate monger because he incites people to hate anyone who disagrees with him/them. Intolerance of other viewpoints comes to mind. His hate is not limited to ethnic groups, race, religion, gender, etc...again it is anything that conflicts with what he says.......

Honest to goodness, I've tried to find examples of Trump telling his supporters to hate and I can't find them.

Show me a candidate of any party who doesn't show intolerance to an opposing viewpoint.

Isn't that allegedly why we have gridlock?

Intolerance is within parties and on both sides of the aisle.

Right now, more is coming from his own party against him.

I'm not pushing Trump on anyone.

I just would like something more than fearful, emotional rants or "trumped-up" allegations.

And "Yes". He sounds like a longshoreman in a decent suit.

Jefferson entertained heads-of-state in his robe and slippers.

Just sayin' . . .
(03-08-2016, 04:18 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Jefferson entertained heads-of-state in his robe and slippers.

hah That sounds nuts to me. You can do it and I can do it but it's just so fricken wrong for the POTUS to do it.

I'd like to entertain in my pjs. I got some kickass Fair Isle jammies for Christmas.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-08-2016, 04:37 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 04:18 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Jefferson entertained heads-of-state in his robe and slippers.

hah That sounds nuts to me. You can do it and I can do it but it's just so fricken wrong for the POTUS to do it.

I'd like to entertain in my pjs. I got some kickass Fair Isle jammies for Christmas.
Teddy Roosevelt did some pretty hilarious things too.
(03-08-2016, 04:18 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Honest to goodness, I've tried to find examples of Trump telling his supporters to hate and I can't find them.

I haven't seen it either, although I'll admit I don't follow every debate so I certainly could have missed it. From what I've seen, however, is that he doesn't like ISIS or have any sympathy for their families (who fucking should), he doesn't like illegal immigrants and he would put a temporary ban on Syrian refugees entering the country until figuring out how to deal with that crisis. None of that sounded like hate towards normal peaceful folks who want to come here legally.
(03-08-2016, 03:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 03:07 PM)Maggot Wrote: hah The Donald denounced getting compared to hitler then had everyone hold up their right hands and swear an oath to vote for him.

He's a comedian! hah

Or the AntiChrist.

Better check him for a '666' tattoo.

Maybe YOU should check your bible Mr. Christwhisperer...then you would know the AntiChrist will come from Europe.

You people thinking big Don is the next Hitler (or the AC) crack me up. The only one in the game that could put the country in worse shape than it already is is Bernie. The fact that anyone is giving this clown a second thought is what stuns me. The middle class will be destroyed. Donavan probably wouldn't mind if that happened.
Trump said that the Mexican government was sending rapists, murderers and the "worst of its worst" over the border as a covert operation. That claim doesn't make any sense to me, Mexico's leaders deny it, there's no proof to be found that it's true, the per capita crime rate for undocumented immigrants (specifically from Mexico) is far below that of the general population, and Trump never backed up that outrageous allegation other than to say he talked to a couple of border guards.

Trump wasn't joking when he made that claim about Mexico, and it got him a lot of early support from people who believed him or just liked that Trump was mirroring their dislike and/or fear and energizing it.

The same is true of his claim to have personally seen thousands of New Jersey Muslims cheering on the terrorists after 9/11.

The same is true of Trump's years-long Obama birther conspiracy crusade.

It seems like people quickly forget some of the truly outrageous claims that he's seriously made because he makes so many of them and they find him entertaining.

I think Trump is a hell of a marketer and salesperson who very effectively makes false claims, many of them negative ones against entire classes of people, to get citizens to buy his brand and vote for him, earning their support even as some of them claim they don't believe he means it when he says things they don't like.

Anyway..........if Trump wins, I'm not moving to Mexico or Canada or anything, but I sure think this country can do better. I do think one thing would almost certainly improve for the better in Washington were Trump to become President though: Congress would likely work more effectively together. I think a fair number of representatives from both parties would probably work across the aisle to keeps things reigned in.
After Obama's first term, I was very disappointed with the state of the economy and lack of progress; I really didn't want to see him get a second term.

Looking at the state of the economy now as compared to when he got elected and considering that (in my opinion) he's affected change for the better in criminal justice reform, equal rights for gays, opening up communications with Cuba and Iran again, refusing to support Bibi's West Bank expansion policies(I know many here disagree with me that those are good things) ............I feel more positive than negative about his presidency overall.

And, I don't personally view America as a loser country in such dire straits that even someone who can't be relied upon or taken seriously in what he says from day to day (and says things like presumed-innocent family members of terrorists should be tortured or killed in attempt to get information) would be an improvement or a change for the better under any circumstances.
(03-08-2016, 05:23 PM)FAHQTOO Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 03:07 PM)Maggot Wrote: hah The Donald denounced getting compared to hitler then had everyone hold up their right hands and swear an oath to vote for him.

He's a comedian! hah

Or the AntiChrist.

Maybe YOU should check your bible Mr. Christwhisperer...then you would know the AntiChrist will come from Europe.
"A revived Roman Empire" is what nation the Antichrist will come from according to the religious book of fairy tales. Which could be Roman (they conquered most of the known world at that time so what exactly does that even mean?), Italian, Assyrian, Greek or Jewish???

I recently saw him laughing about having said he could shoot somebody on 5th avenue and not lose any supporters. Jesus.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

He's a comedian! hah

Or the AntiChrist.

You people thinking big Don is the next Hitler (or the AC) crack me up. The only one in the game that could put the country in worse shape than it already is is Bernie. The fact that anyone is giving this clown a second thought is what stuns me. The middle class will be destroyed. Donavan probably wouldn't mind if that happened.

My comment was said tongue-in-cheek.
(03-08-2016, 06:10 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote:

He's a comedian! hah

Or the AntiChrist.

My comment was said tongue-in-cheek.

I know that...and I gave a smart ass reply back. It's what I do......

Note to self....make sure the kids know I want something sarcastic on my headstone.
(03-08-2016, 06:01 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I recently saw him laughing about having said he could shoot somebody on 5th avenue and not lose any supporters. Jesus.

He may be right , depending on who it is. Race baters like Jackson and Sharpton would probably gain him some votes.
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
(03-08-2016, 03:58 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 03:08 PM)BlueTiki Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 02:21 PM)Duchess Wrote:

He is a hate monger. His bullshit incites some of his followers. People are stupid and some will view his agreement as condoning and good.

Meh . . . I don't see him as a hate monger.

Just like I don't see registered Republicans and the GOP as racists . . . at least according to Hillary ( who sang praises for KKK Byrd ).

Question: Why aren't his supporters carrying out attacks on these "targeted" and "hated" groups, now . . . at this very moment?
If memory serves me correctly, wasn't Hilary in the Goldwater gang in 1964? A Young Republican? And wasn't she completely silent on segregation?

You all like to refer to the past quite a bit of the time. Back in 1964, blah, blah, blah........I grew up in a very staunch Republican family in Kansas......that is all I heard the first 20 years of my life. My mother was especially intolerant of Blacks (she used term "colored"). I was programmed to hate also until I got out on my own and started thinking for myself....I can remember refusing to dance with someone just because of the color of his skin. I am so happy that I evolved into a better, caring, less judgmental, more compassionate human being who does not judge people according to their color, etc.

I cared about the Civil Rights Movement, Women's rights, etc. and believe strongly in equal rights, but I also believe that all pedophiles should be locked up forever or killed (depending on degree of crime). I am not a "bleeding heart" but I sure as hell, would rather be a liberal than someone who follows Donald Trump........

I am sure Hillary made a lot of mistakes, and because of those mistakes and her experience with adversity makes her qualified to run this country.
Where is your self righteous anger over George W. Bush starting a war in Iraq based on false intelligence. Have you ever talked to a mom, a wife, a sister, brother, etc? More lives were lost on Mid-east desert soil than 9/11. Most of the terrorists were from Saudi Arabia....and news of an impending attack on the WTC was received here by US intelligence but not acted upon. Where is your fucking anger about that? Since 1993 (first bombing of WTC), to 2001, there was information trickling through about an imminent attack......We got complacent, and didn't take any actions and thus, 911 happened......I don't understand this misplaced blame that some of you have toward the wrong target......
I think Obama brought the economy back from Bush's term. He did a tremendous job as far as I'm concerned. I have no complaints other than the Obamacare, but the health care was shit before that anyway.

My opinion on Trump is that he doesn't know a fucking thing about politics and would need to be kept in check, but I don't think he has any evil plans to send the muslims and Mexicans to concentration camps. Or Donovan. I think he is very sane even when he is talking about water boarding ISIS and taking out their families. It's like us saying that we'd like to do to pedophiles or child killers what they did to their victims, but knowing that it would be cruel and unusual punishment and there are laws in place for a reason. Nothing wrong with saying it though. That's what I meant when I said he talks like "a real person".