Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016
Donald's "get togethers" are getting a little scary. His campaign manager is being sued by a Reporter who says she was manhandled by him at a rally in NC (I think it was). She did have small bruise on her arm...

Then I saw the 78 yr old man who sucker punched a young black male in the face at a Trump rally. He is being charged with assault.....sigh!

Just a reminder, vote for Hillary, and don't use Faux News for your source of information, ever....................
Rallys today are like contact sports. He needs better security at these things. And you don't go into a shark pool dressed as blood dripping prime rib.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I don't think this is going to end well. I've seen a couple people say that the protesters feel like they shut him down, if that's the case it will likely feel empowering to them and future rally's can expect more of the same.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I feel the same way at a Yankees game with my Red Sox hat. You have to wonder who the agitators are at these things and charge them.
(03-11-2016, 12:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 09:42 PM)Cutz Wrote: Hillary is a bitch that left people to die and then lied to their families.

(03-11-2016, 12:18 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: This... Completely unforgivable and would NEVER be respected as CIC.

If that's the case, I'd be interested in knowing why she was cleared of any wrong doing. Do you both know something I don't? I'd like to hear it.

I'm not worried about proving Hillary wrong, or guilty of anything, like BG is or republicans were. I just care how she acts, speaks, and lives. The truth of the matter is that an escalating violent climate in Benghazi was ignored, and despite personnel's request for increased security, they were hung out to dry. Americans died because of it. Including the Ambassador - a man Hillary said she personally asked to be in his position because she trusted him. A friend, she considered him. At least that's how she referred to him after the attack in interviews.

In these same interviews, she claimed responsibility for the failure. She didn't want it to be a "political gotcha" for Obama. It was her department, and ultimately she's responsible for their failures, not Obama. I agree, it was her responsibility, and she failed, whether actively did anything wrong or not. She failed to act. (Although why you would need to qualify it with politics pertaining to the POTUS... I find cold and heartless.)

Fast forward to her hearing, because she fell down and got a concussion just before her first scheduled hearing... and it had to be postponed, and she says she didn't see any reports of the situation there. She says there's a constant demand for resources and officials routinely rely on the opinions of security experts. Blah blah blah... zero responsibility taken. So when she's talking to the public, she's Ms. Responsibility, and when she's at a responsibility proceeding, she's Ms. IDidn'tKnowWhatTheFuckWasHappening.

Well guess what... it was your job to know. She's a liar mostly because she's a good politician, but she's the perfect example why good politicians are bad people. She is devoid of emotion, instead learning to emulate the emotional responses of others so as to fit in. A psychopath. Willing to use any situation to her advantage, including her cheating husband whom she doesn't have enough anger and pride to divorce. Including using "fainting"... which is a whole other feminist debate... to postpone a hearing. Including telling the families of attack victims very specific, actionable things which are unrelated to the situation at hand... because it sounds good at the time. She's a liar, I bet she sleeps in a fucking coffin, and she'd sellout America if it would make her the Queen of England.
Social Security

Yesterday I met with several seniors struggling to make ends meet and secure the personal care assistance they require to remain living safely in their own homes.

Most of them rely heavily on Social Security, which doesn't afford them much beyond the bare necessities, but at least they've got that.

So, it's good to hear candidates from both parties focusing on how to reform and preserve the program. But, I remember hearing SS reform plans in the 2012 election campaigns too, and nothing has changed (HOTD edit/correction: except the taxable earning cap being raised by $8,000 since 2012, to $118k as of 2016).

I like Bernie's plan best; simply raise the cap on earnings taxed to $250k and the program remains solvent for decades and current seniors' benefits can be adjusted for cost of living. The original cap was set with the goal of funding the program by taxing 90% of the country's earned income. But, since the middle class hasn't had a collective raise in 15 years and almost all new wealth is going to the top earners who are not taxed beyond $118k, only 83% of earnings in the country are currently subject to Social Security tax.

For me, raising the SS taxable income cap is preferable to cutting benefits, raising the retirement age, privatizing the program, and denying wealthier seniors SS benefits for which they've contributed their entire working lives (though, I think wealthier seniors who want to opt out of receiving benefits should be able to do so).

Here is a comparison of candidates' plans for addressing Social Security solvency: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/where-the-ca...-security/
S.S. and medicare are being raided by Obamacare. The cracks are starting to show up.

Sometimes I think about being old and not having enough money to live on. I don't live an extravagant lifestyle so I'd be happy just to maintain the status quo.

I'm seeing a few reports that Trump & Rubio are blaming Obama for the violence in Chicago last night. 28
(03-12-2016, 01:31 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Sometimes I think about being old and not having enough money to live on. I don't live an extravagant lifestyle so I'd be happy just to maintain the status quo.

I can testify first hand how difficult it is to live on a fixed income, without having to resort standing on a corner with a cup in hand begging for coins.

I am prescribed some medicines for emphysema (inhaler anora) which takes approximately $100.00 per month out of pocket so I go without. I take another medicine which is also $100.00 out of pocket. The doctors are nice enough to provide me with samples when they have them, but I go without if they don't have samples on hand. Obamacare had nothing to do with this. I just haven't taken the time to change insurance plans.
I know people who are in the same "boat." There are not sufficient raises in accordance with increased COL expenses.

I might be Beat_deadhorse but I think Obamacare can work with some tweaks and putting some restrictions and controls on the Insurance companies....I know some of you want less Government in your lives, but there needs to be more regulation in some ares, e.g., insurance companies, airline companies, etc. There is a politician now (a Democrat) who has demanded that airlines provide more leg room....uh, what, someone actually cares about our comfort and he is a politician....just wow!

I am totally against privatization of Social Security....Invariably when they happens, there is fraud upon fraud, but with the inefficiency of the Gov't with false claims, etc., it probably equals out.

I could support Hillary's, Bernie's, or Trump's plan on the surface, but not enough detail, thus far. Thanks again, Hair, for your comparison info.
(03-10-2016, 09:42 PM)Cutz Wrote: Hillary is a bitch that left people to die and then lied to their families.

No she didn't. Four American operatives died in attacks on hostile foreign soil during her time as SoS. It was far from the only time american diplomatic facilities have come under attack, and far from the only time our diplomats have been killed on foreign soil.

list of attacks on US diplomatic facilities.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
(03-12-2016, 05:30 PM)Donovan Wrote:

No she didn't. Four American operatives died in attacks on hostile foreign soil during her time as SoS. It was far from the only time american diplomatic facilities have come under attack, and far from the only time our diplomats have been killed on foreign soil.

list of people I was talking about
(03-12-2016, 06:45 PM)Cutz Wrote:
(03-12-2016, 05:30 PM)Donovan Wrote:

list of people I was talking about

How'd that bullshit sandwich taste when they fed it to you? Little salty? They tried to sell me some but I refused to bite.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Tastes like your mother's vagina.
Mock is supposed to be a place where you can express your opinion and insult each other once in awhile, but some of you hit below the belt. That is what I am talking about when I talk about the current hate in our country. I don't understand why the other side has to resort to name calling and such vulgarity if someone disagrees with them.

Cutz, I am talking to you. I don't give a shit if you like me, but you are one dude who gets absolutely red in the face when someone says something with an opposite viewpoint. You are too crude but everything fits if you get my drift.....
I'm with ya B.H. when people toss shit out there just for kicks its annoying at least and revealing at best.
Another Trump rally with nothing but Trump shouting "getting 'em out, get 'em out". Hahaha. He's calling Bernie Sanders a communist and now blaming the protesters on him.
It looks like the protesters are winning with violence. Is free speech dead?
Today, Rubio won the Republican presidential caucuses in Washington D.C., narrowly beating John Kasich. They got 10 and 9 delegates respectively.

I think after his last debate performance and after Trump's response to violence and protesters this weekend, Rubio's chances of taking all of the Florida delegates next week have increased. The same is true for Kasich's chances of taking all of Ohio's delegates next week, in my opinion.

Cruz won the Wyoming caucus today and took 9 delegates. Rubio came in second and Trump in third. They both earned 1 delegate.
(03-12-2016, 11:51 PM)Maggot Wrote: Is free speech dead?

Why do you think that? Donald Trump and his supporters have been exercising their right to free speech all across America, it's only when those who protest Donald and exercise their right to free speech that violence breaks out.