Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Presidential race 2016

Alrighty, I just went back to see what you saw and what you saw in regards to that comment was his spokeswoman backpedaling. Again, someone cleaning up his shit.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-30-2016, 05:19 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 05:17 PM)sally Wrote: The video in your link had nothing to do with his stance on abortion

I didn't watch the video, I read the story, that's why I included the link, so everyone else could too.

There was a video above the story, but it had nothing to do with abortion. The story doesn't mean shit to me unless I know what he really said. Like I said the media just take bits and pieces and runs with whatever they want. Not that it couldn't be true, but I'd like to see what he really said before jumping to conclusions that he wants to ban all abortions.
(03-30-2016, 05:29 PM)sally Wrote: I'd like to see what he really said before jumping to conclusions that he wants to ban all abortions.

I'll see what I can find on the MSNBC site but it won't be airing until tonight so I may not be successful.

Here ya go. You can watch it in its entirety tonight at 8:00 EST.

Video
They conveniently cut off the first part where he was asked if abortion were made illegal should the woman be punished for having an illegal abortion. Well that's kind of a no brainer, it would be fucking illegal. They lured him.
(03-30-2016, 06:07 PM)sally Wrote: They lured him.

28 Troll!
(03-30-2016, 06:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 06:07 PM)sally Wrote: They lured him.

28 Troll!

They did. They cut off the part asking about if abortion was made illegal and made it sound like he was talking about all abortions in general and made a big headline that he wants to ban all abortions or you'll be sent for water boarding. And your fucking family.

They are trying to get you to watch the whole show. That tiny segment was a teaser. hah Fricken troll.
I'm going to tune in and I'll betcha 2 bucks that stupid bastard doesn't want to ban all abortions.

Watch his beady, little rat eyes. When he feels trapped he looks around wildly like he's looking for an exit.

I don't normally watch MSNBC but I know who Chris Matthews is and I was glad to see him be so persistent. It's difficult to get a word in edge wise when Donald is on a tear and it's even more impossible to get him to stay on topic. Stupid, rat fuckface.
Trump already backpedaled at least part of his abortion statement. I figured he would. Didn't take long.

Now he's saying if abortions were banned federally or by a state, the doctor who performed the illegal abortion would be held accountable for breaking the law.

Well, no shit Sherlock Trump. Just like when any other medical professional performs an illegal procedure on a patient.

This is his just released official statement -

If Congress were to pass legislation making abortion illegal and the federal courts upheld this legislation, or any state were permitted to ban abortion under state and federal law, the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman. The woman is a victim in this case as is the life in her womb. My position has not changed - like Ronald Reagan, I am pro-life with exceptions.
(03-30-2016, 06:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Trump already backpedaled at least part of his abortion statement. I figured he would. Didn't take long.

Now he's saying if abortions were banned federally or by a state, the doctor who performed the illegal abortion would be held accountable for breaking the law.

Well, no shit Sherlock Trump. Just like when any other medical professional performs an illegal procedure on a patient.

Wasn't that the "no shit Sherlock question" he was asked though? How else would you like him to respond?
All along, I truly believed that the Donald was just always grandstanding, and considered the world as his stage. I liked many of his positions/policies early on.
I gave him plenty of leeway, to see where it would lead.

However, as time went by, and is still going on, sadly when he opens his mouth to take his foot out, he continually puts the other foot in! And he is continually getting worse with each new day! It saddens me to have to say, the Donald is not POTUS worthy!

I cannot now bring my self to vote for him.

Needless to say, I cannot bring myself to vote for the liar either.

So looks like I won't be voting this election.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(03-30-2016, 07:26 PM)sally Wrote:
(03-30-2016, 06:50 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Trump already backpedaled at least part of his abortion statement. I figured he would. Didn't take long.

Wasn't that the "no shit Sherlock question" he was asked though? How else would you like him to respond?

First Trump said that women who got illegal abortions would be punished for it -- he said that in the Town Hall last night.

Then, when asked about it today, he flip-flopped and said that women who got illegal abortions wouldn't be punished for it. Instead, he said, the doctors would be (which is nothing new or unique).

I'd expect a presidential candidate to have a solid stance about such a serious issue, whether he was spouting it voluntarily or responding to a request for clarification. He can 'evolve' on the issue of abortion during his life, like he frequently reminds us Ronald Reagan did. Fair enough. But, Ronald Reagan didn't change his views frequently in short periods of time.
There's a ton of places to go kill a life. It would never become illegal as it's pretty much set in stone with Obamacare but not in a convent. If a woman goes and has an abortion at some secretive cave she should be held accountable for the abortion, that is illegal. Bleeding hearts will say "But the stigma" and "What about the womans trauma" but in reality if the girl had any braincells that were functional she would seek professional medical attention. If the woman was a druggy she could get an abortion pill just as well as that rock of crack.
As far as the "stigma" we are all 21st century people its not like we are 120 yr olds. And the yahoos that are all religious about it, fuck em..........don't get an abortion. All this crap doesn't mean a goddam thing, just don't go out sucking a 4-8 month old and it wont be so goddamn easy to be just say "I didn't know" WTF
Trump just replies to shit tossed at him without having a team prep him or read the answer off a teleprompter, yeah, he says what he thinks. And Hillary could win if she could be believed but the shit gets out there and makes people talk more than before, good.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(03-30-2016, 08:21 PM)Maggot Wrote: Trump just replies to shit tossed at him without having a team prep him or read the answer off a teleprompter, yeah, he says what he thinks.

That's the feeling I get. He goes to bed at night and laughs to his wife "can you believe this shit".

I don't expect him to have all the answers and when he gets hit with it I think he does the best he can.
Personality wise if I had to pick between Hillary, Bernie and Trump, I'd say Hillary was the fake jackass between the two. Which is disappointing because I expected something more from her.
And what is with all these blonde bimbos on the news channels analyzing everything lately, where do these stupid bitches come from?
Well, if you were watching CNN, they're political analysts and strategists sal.

And, as far as not expecting a presidential candidate to have coherent policies on key issues and giving Trump a pass by blaming it on the media or anyone else, I think even most of the blondest of bimbos would consider that like, er, really really dim.

So..........if Donald Trump disagrees with Pro-Life leaders and his party's stance on the punishment aspect of the abortion issue, as his comments last night would indicate, it's a weak and cowardly move not to stand by his statement and pretend like he was tricked or something. It doesn't appear Pro-Life leaders and Republican leaders are buying the deflection anyway.

If he instead believes the opposite of what he said last night and is actually in agreement with Pro-Life leaders and Republican leaders, as his flip flop statement today would indicate, then he should own his yuge mis-statement last night and take the hits without trying to blame other people for it.

Personally, I don't believe he knows where he stands on most of the major issues and he just lets pliable people decide what he REALLY meant in accordance with what they personally believe and want him to mean. He can just write off every lie, flip-flop, and batshit contention/proposal as "non-PC" or a media set-up.......and some of his followers will continue to swallow it.

But, I won't be surprised if Cruz takes Wisconsin next week and Kasich isn't too far behind Trump there. I believe Trump already hit his peak. I think Trump started losing some of his more thoughtful supporters with his rally rhetoric giving props to violence. Since then, his incoherence on foreign policy topics, along with several antics and statements which are hard for confident women to overlook, have cost him with the female voter base (which he needs).

I think he'll keep making the same types of mistakes because he doesn't seem to learn from them or own them, and it will keep costing him. I no longer feel confident that Trump will be the Republican nominee and won't be surprised if Cruz has narrowed the gap and Kasich has stolen some of Trumps supporters too by the time the Republican convention rolls around.